Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

Irrelevant. Headlining WM in a world title fight = swimming, imo.

He's had an okay run. Still not sure what the WWE really thinks of him. He's been all over the place. This could be a one off smark pleasing move.

He's had an okay run. Still not sure what the WWE really thinks of him. He's been all over the place. This could be a one off smark pleasing move.
I expected Reigns to win, was pleasantly surprised to see them pull the trigger on Nakamura.

He's over with the crowd, which is important from a presentation angle. They could've had Reigns win and have another WM filled with boos. Back in the day, they used to want to make the fans happy. Maybe they're finally getting over that "fuck the fans! we're the bosses!" stuff.

Even if AJ beats him, AJ is also an indy darling.

I expected Reigns to win, was pleasantly surprised to see them pull the trigger on Nakamura.

He's over with the crowd, which is important from a presentation angle. They could've had Reigns win and have another WM filled with boos. Back in the day, they used to want to make the fans happy. Maybe they're finally getting over that "fuck the fans! we're the bosses!" stuff.

Even if AJ beats him, AJ is also an indy darling.

Well, let's not jump to conclusions. With two titles, the RR really has little bearing on what they do for a Main Event at WM. I wouldn't count Roman out, and I doubt AJ/Nak go on last.

For all we know, they flipped a coin last night, because they had Nak/AJ and Brock/Roman already booked for Mania. Going with Nak over Roman in Phillly was probably the wiser choice though.

Well, let's not jump to conclusions. With two titles, the RR really has little bearing on what they do for a Main Event at WM. I wouldn't count Roman out, and I doubt AJ/Nak go on last.

For all we know, they flipped a coin last night, because they had Nak/AJ and Brock/Roman already booked for Mania. Going with Nak over Roman in Phillly was probably the wiser choice though.
True. Roman can still face Brock to end the show. But I actually think the RR/Asuka/etc. title match might close it out.

True. Roman can still face Brock to end the show. But I actually think the RR/Asuka/etc. title match might close it out.

Yeah, putting the women on last is a possibility. They seem to really want to be recognized for "progress". Somebody needs to tell them that the MSM only gives a shit about Pro-Wrestling when bad shit happens.

Yeah, putting the women on last is a possibility. They seem to really want to be recognized for "progress". Somebody needs to tell them that the MSM only gives a shit about Pro-Wrestling when bad shit happens.
Atleast they're using someone like Asuka who isn't a joke, and can really work. But throwing Ronda into the mix might make it turrible.

But yeah, they seem like they're trying to break glass ceilings and make headline news with this stuff.

Atleast they're using someone like Asuka who isn't a joke, and can really work. But throwing Ronda into the mix might make it turrible.

I guess we'll soon find out how good/bad she is in the ring. You never know, maybe she transitions naturally, like Angle. She also might take a while, like Shamrock. Or she might just flat out suck.

Who knows? Hot shotting her to a main event at WM to start her career, is quite the gamble.

He eliminated both Cena and Reigns, and won his debut Rumble. I think 10 people, including him, have won their first Rumble. That's fewer people than have won the Rumble and then won a World title at Mania off it. He was only the second person (of two total still) to be a two-time NXT Champion (and the only to do so as a face). In fact he might be the only former NXT champion to win the Rumble ?

I mean obviously you don't consider that to be "swimming" but man, that's a real high bar you have set there.

At my Rumble party, he was setting up for the Kinshasa and I said, "Uh oh! It's his knee strike that's different and more powerful than his other half a dozen knee strikes!"

You'd have thought that I'd made an Owen Hart joke during Christmas Mass at St Mary's of Calgary.

Win or lose I'm glad to have participated in objectively the most epic official Sherdog sig/av bet ever. Nearly a full calendar year bet, coming down to literally the 11th month. Just like two/three weeks to spare. It's crazy.

Win or lose I'm glad to have participated in objectively the most epic official Sherdog sig/av bet ever. Nearly a full calendar year bet, coming down to literally the 11th month. Just like two/three weeks to spare. It's crazy.

Weeks? It's until almost the end of April. After WM. Months.

Gone clean over Cena/Orton/Reigns and won the Rumble = okay run.

We have AJ and Lesnar left out of the main eventers.

Wrestlemania is April 8th, and that's the day the bet likely gets decided - just a few weeks before it would have expired at the end of April.

Brah, check his post date, end of April.

That’s after WM and shit can change at the SDs after WM.

Not weeks but months.

Brah, check his post date, end of April.

That’s after WM and shit can change at the SDs after WM.

Not weeks but months.

It would be quite the long shot for them to go with AJ at WM, and do a title change at SD, but it wouldn't surprise me, because WWE does irrational shit all the time, and they might give the smarky post WM fans at SD a gift.

My celebration will be a bit tempered if AJ goes over at WM. It ain't over 'till it's over.

I have to say though, overall I was way more nervous about those Jinder matches. Can't believe they had Jinder beat him twice. Thought for sure they were giving it to Nak, especially after all the stupid SJW shit Jinder got hammered with for those promos. With AJ, it's at least 50/50.

Back