NAGA rules

anyone else thinking grabbing clothes is incredibly lame for no gi?

anyone know? its not giving a clear definition in the rules

I think nit's safe to assume that you shouldn't elbow someone in the neck.

well not even the elbow, i dont mean striking but like pushing your forearm to there throat to choke them a bit, it wont make them submit but will tire them out, me and my friend are wondering about this because he always does it on me and i think its pretty cheap and thought it was illegal and and he always seems to do it because he cant find another way to submit without giving me an opening

flyingknee16 said:
anyone else thinking grabbing clothes is incredibly lame for no gi?

yeah, that one strikes me as super lame. it also sounds vague, as in can i then choke someone out with their t shirt?

why dont u just wear an undarmor shirt or a rashgaurd then so it wont be a problem?

Marc936 said:
why dont u just wear an undarmor shirt or a rashgaurd then so it wont be a problem?

not trying to start a flame war but i didn't say i would worry about getting choked with my tshirt. i said that if my opponent is wearing a tshirt does that mean i can choke him with it? which is to imply that it seems like in no gi it's not about using the uniform against your opponent as oppossed to gi tournaments.

batman69 said:
not trying to start a flame war but i didn't say i would worry about getting choked with my tshirt. i said that if my opponent is wearing a tshirt does that mean i can choke him with it? which is to imply that it seems like in no gi it's not about using the uniform against your opponent as oppossed to gi tournaments.

im not trying to make it a flame war either, im just stating like if ur worried just incase people can do it to u that u can use a rashgaurd, in the rules it says anything you wear is legal to grab so yes you can grab there ts shirts and choke them with it same with grabbing on to peoles knee pads for grips, etc

The rules seem clear to me, use his shirt to choke the shit out of him; do not attack your opponets neck.

naga, as with most bjj tournaments, implements a sleeve length/width of ones 4 fingers stuck in the sleeve virtically. ive only seen them check if guys either complain to the judges, or if the guy wears famous gi's that dont meet sleeve requirements (most adidas gis).

but if you can stick 4 fingers into your sleeve virtically, you have nothing to worry about.

I've never had a gi tested at a NAGA or seen one get tested

I don't see the attraction of competing at NAGA. I find it to be one of the most disorganized and disappointing competitions around. Maybe at one time it may have had some prestige but short of the WWE Belts, I'd save my $ for a IBJJF style tournament.

Just my Not So Humble opinion.

I don't see the attraction of competing at NAGA. I find it to be one of the most disorganized and disappointing competitions around. Maybe at one time it may have had some prestige but short of the WWE Belts, I'd save my $ for a IBJJF style tournament.

Just my Not So Humble opinion.

I competed at naga once. I didnt like it. It is very disorganized. The problem is they get so many people who are 1st time competitors since naga is the biggest national/local amateur tournament around. I rather do local small tournaments since it usually less people, smaller and goes by faster(less waiting around).

If your doing adult gi expect to wait forever to compete since the ladies and nogi compete first.

I think the most accurate description I've ever heard for a NAGA, was Baltos. To paraphrase, a NAGA is like a natural disaster just hit the city and a grappling tournament spontaneously happened in the FEMA camp

i heard if you had an older style naga belt from like 2009 they will replace them with the new ones if you bring it is this true does anyone know?

Do they require a rashguard for no gi or can we go shirtless? I read the rules but it seems unclear. Thanks again.

Back