International USMCA: Congress Ratified New & Improved Trade Deal To Replace NAFTA

Trump promises 'pleasant surprises' on NAFTA
By Jordan Fabian - 04/11/17

trumpdonald_033017getty.jpg

President Trump told a group of business executives Tuesday that he will have “pleasant surprises” on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

“We’ll have some very pleasant surprises for you on NAFTA,” he said during a meeting with CEOs at the White House.

Trump reiterated his campaign trail refrain that the trade deal in its present form is a “disaster.”

The president’s statement did little to clear up the conflicting signals coming from his administration over how far he plans to go in overhauling the sweeping trade pact with Canada and Mexico.
The White House has distanced itself from a draft memo circulated to lawmakers by the U.S. Trade Representative’s office late last month suggesting Trump would seek more modest changes.

The draft plan would leave in place a controversial arbitration panel that allows investors to bypass local courts to resolve civil claims. It also would not address currency manipulation concerns or set targets for U.S. trade deficits.

But White House press secretary Sean Spicer later said the document does not represent Trump’s objectives in future trade talks with Canada and Mexico.

“That is not a statement of administration policy at this point,” he told reporters in late March. “That is not an accurate assessment of where we are at this time.”

Trump’s efforts to jump start new trade talks have been hampered, in part, because his pick for U.S. trade representative, Robert Lighthizer, has yet to be confirmed by the Senate.

Senators punted Lighthizer’s confirmation vote until after the two-week Easter recess amid debate over whether he needs to seek a waiver because he represented foreign governments in trade talks in the 1980s and 1990s.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/328264-trump-promises-pleasant-surprises-on-nafta

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...deau-leaders-enrique-pe-a-nieto-a7705311.html

Donald Trump has revealed he backed down on pledges to scrap the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) after calls from the leaders of Canada and Mexico.

He said that he had received calls from the two countries' leaders asking him to "renegotiate Nafta rather than terminate". His disclosures came a day after he told leaders of the two countries that he wouldn't end the trade pact, and just days after the White House said that the President was considering quitting it entirely.

The cancellation of Nafta had been a central part of Mr Trump's election campaign, and he regularly criticised Hillary Clinton for having approved of it. The deal was signed in the early 1990s, since when the United States has gone from running a small trade surplus with Mexico to a $63 billion deficit in 2016.

But the President said he had changed his mind since speaking to the leaders of the other countries which are party to the agreement, Mexico and Canada.

I guess mexican president is the one that should have wrote "Art of the deal" since mexicans arent paying for the wall, will still be in NAFTA and have improved relations with Trump (after all the bashing he did)

trump voters mental gymnastics kicking in in 3..2..1..

Last edited:
Well, after all, Trump did ended up being like Hitler, opening too many fronts at once and losing the war due to overextension.

It is rumored that Donald Trump agrees with whomever he speaks to last, so expect another reversal soon after he talks to some Anti-NAFTA folk again.

It's called the art of the deal, you nincompoop.

He said some shit, then they called him on their knees begging him to renegotiate instead.

We win.

I guess mexican president is the one that should have wrote "Art of the deal" since mexicans arent paying for the wall, will still be in NAFTA and have improved relations with Trump (after all the bashing he did)

The Mexicans were not planning to negotiate with Trump at all because of the wall, and the act of getting rid of NAFTA has brought them back to the table, as it was expected to. Meaning that they could potentially be paying for the wall through these negotiations. Trump has all the leverage here and could easily end NAFTA if he wanted, I don't see how you interpret this as him being on the losing end.

Trump got cucked by Canada and Mexico.

Am I doing it right war room posters?

It's funny many of you said he couldn't do that if he wanted too. Now he is and that's a bad thing?
Lol

President Trump agrees 'not to terminate NAFTA at this time'
By Kevin Liptak and Dan Merica | April 27, 2017
170421105137-trump-speech-thumb-4-super-169.jpg

(CNN) President Donald Trump told reporters Thursday that he decided to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement rather than terminate the sweeping trade deal after speaking with the leaders from Canada and Mexico.

The President told the leaders Wednesday he was not immediately planning to end the North American Free Trade Agreement, a pact which he railed against as a candidate and as recently as last week declared was harmful to US workers.

"I decided rather than terminating NAFTA, which would be a pretty big, you know, shock to the system, we will renegotiate," he told reporters before a meeting with the Argentinian President.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/politics/trump-nafta/index.html

Last edited:
The Mexicans were not planning to negotiate with Trump at all because of the wall, and the act of getting rid of NAFTA has brought them back to the table, as it was expected to. Meaning that they could potentially be paying for the wall through these negotiations. Trump has all the leverage here and could easily end NAFTA if he wanted, I don't see how you interpret this as him being on the losing end.

<36>

Well, after all, Trump did ended up being like Hitler, opening too many fronts at once and losing the war due to overextension.
Figuratively Hitler.

Just before the election I had a hunch Trump was going to throw his grass-roots supporters under the bus in a Yuuuge way ; and looks like he is well on his way to doing that.

He does a near 180 on Assad and is essentially batting for the Turks,Gulf Arabs and Israelis want.

He throws Flynn under the buss.

He throws Bannon under the buss in favor of his son-in-law

He has made Ivanka and Jared essentially high ranking decision making government officials, nepotism that has no recent paralles, this from the guy who said he was gona clean the swamp and was running against Washington cronyism

He backtracks on NAFTA, which was a major issue for grass-roots voters

He backtracks on gettng tough with China and its trade policies.

Turdo probably offered to send his wife to make sure it stays status quo.

golden one sis being led to cuck ness. pathetic so sad.

I'm not sure he's flip-flopping constantly because he's a conman. I think he might actually just be senile.

I mean, when you read transcripts of his recent interviews, he doesn't seem all there.

Enlighten me. How does Mexico have the leverage here?

It doesnt.

But neither do America.

NAFTA is a car where the US is driving with Canada as shotgun and Mexico in the back seat.

The fact that the USA is driving doesnt means that the USA can extort Mexico out of a wall money by threatening to drive off a cliff.

Back