N64 w/HDMI Worth It?

And those modded N64-minis will be $500.

Well, hopefully not.

mods of the snes mini, nes mini are DIY enough with plenty of youtube vids, and with minimal risk of bricking console. You just need a pc, usb cord, time and patience if anything.

Last edited:
Was it even $500 brand new? That's gonna be a hard pass. I'd pay $100 for N64mini with like 20 games, but it better include 2 controllers.

What games would you want for a N64mini
Zelda OfT
Zelda MM
Mario 64
Mariocart
mario party
paper mario
super smash bros
perfect dark(since TS said goldeneye couldn't be released due to license issues
banjo kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
what else?

Not much else...

Castlevania
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Wave Racer 64

I briefly misremembered Eternal Darkness being out for 64 but it was on the Gamecube. That game was god tier in my book. Loved it.

Although the library is weak a shit based on quantity it does have some amazing classics and I had an insane amount of fun with it because a lot of those games were played with friends. The wars I had in college playing Mario64 and Smash Brothers were epic IMO. Smash Brothers now.... During my college years I got it while I was home (work internship for 6 months) and played it for a few hours and I was like this game is okay but I bet it'll be amazing playing with my buddies. I took my Nintendo 64 and left it at a buddy's apartment. 4 of my college buddies were living together at the time so this was the hang out spot. I stopped on and dropped off the system and Smash Brothers (only that game) with 4 controllers. I returned 2 weeks later that's all they were doing day in and out. Everybody in our group was obsessed with the game. We were duking it out for months. Some of best group gaming ever... Good times good times...

Last edited:
Was it even $500 brand new? That's gonna be a hard pass. I'd pay $100 for N64mini with like 20 games, but it better include 2 controllers.

What games would you want for a N64mini
Zelda OfT
Zelda MM
Mario 64
Mariocart
mario party
paper mario
super smash bros
perfect dark(since TS said goldeneye couldn't be released due to license issues
banjo kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
what else?

I could do with some 1080, Snowboard Kids, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk, Starfox, Shadows of the Empire, Conker, and Rogue Squadron, too. Shit, Wave Race was pretty fun for what it was.

Conker and Banjo also wouldn't come over, though, for the same reason as Golden Eye. Damn Microsoft.

I could do with some 1080, Snowboard Kids, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk, Starfox, Shadows of the Empire, Conker, and Rogue Squadron, too. Shit, Wave Race was pretty fun for what it was.

Conker and Banjo also wouldn't come over, though, for the same reason as Golden Eye. Damn Microsoft.
Forget about Tony Hawk and Star Wars games, those wouldn't be on it.

Forget about Tony Hawk and Star Wars games, those wouldn't be on it.

Well they should be, dammit. He asked what we wanted to see; I thought he left some gems off.

I know EA has SW, why wouldn’t Tony Hawk be on there? I’m not up to speed there. DKR wouldn’t be on either. Lots of Rare games would get skipped, which were some of the best besides the 1st party titles.

should be able to run Goldeneye on the SNES Classic once you hack it. You’d just need to get an adapter for a better controller.

Okay, what the TS is talking about is the "Ultra" HDMI mod which actually removes the thick aliasing. Still not worth $500 to me but it's not just a typical mod and you can't get the same quality even with a Framemeister and SCART cables.

Back