Myth or fact? Loud mouths usually aren't the toughest.

From my experience as a bouncer... 100%

The problem though is the loudmouths that can't fight/are the biggest bitches also are the ones that don't know when to stop trying to fight back. You could be knee riding that cocksucker with a rape choke ala Wand vs Jardine and they'll still be trying to swing at you.

Hate to be a dick, but I've straight slept bouncers without saying a word. I was a really angry kid growing up into my twenties, never talked much but put a lot of people in their place. I did a 180 and am a different person now and prefer to avoid conflict. Of the people I got into it with, most of the time they were loud mouths. Quiet guys, even if they are tough know it's best to walk away from pointless BS.

I was in Halifax at a big bar talking to a girl behind coat check, one of the bouncers said I couldn't stay back there, I ignored him so he walked up to me and caught one in the jaw. I went right out the emergency exit and into the alley and on to another bar. I didn't live there, just visiting for business, not the kind you file taxes for. I'm not trying to gloat, I feel bad about it. It's just some context and he should know not to bother certain people.

Last edited:
Well, some loudmouths scream Allah Akbar and then proceed to attack with furious anger.

Things aren't that simple and plenty of loud cunts are hard bastards.
Yep. This isn't The Karate Kid. This is real life. In real life, Cobra Kai kicks the shit out of Daniel, too.

Hate to be a dick, but I've straight slept bouncers without saying a word. I was a really angry kid growing up into my twenties, never talked much but put a lot of people in their place. I did a 180 and am a different person now and prefer to avoid conflict. Of the people I got into it with, most of the time they were loud mouths. Quiet guys, even if they are tough know it's best to walk away from pointless BS.

I was in Halifax at a big bar talking to a girl behind coat check, one of the bouncers said I couldn't stay back there, I ignored him so he walked up to me and caught one in the jaw. I went right out the emergency exit and into the alley and on to another bar. I didn't live there, just visiting for business, not the kind you file taxes for. I'm not trying to gloat, I feel bad about it. It's just some context and he should know not to bother certain people.
So you sucker punched a bouncer and ran straight away? what certain people should he know not to bother while doing his job? cowards?

Classic

tumblr_mc82blOS0z1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I've had the opposite assumed about me plenty of times. I'm quiet and tall, so people tend to assume I can fight and will avoid pissing me off. Now, I've never been in a fight and don't intend to without a damned good reason, but I don't exactly go out of my way to correct them. I rather enjoy not being fucked with.

You've all seen it. The man whose super loud and threatening people and people are scared of him. Why? He is pretty big and loud. However, slim margin of people say loudmouths are weaker then the silent ones. That loud mouths are trying to intimidate instead of real fighting.

Is this true?

I'm more introverted and when I was young, I was quick to fight. However I don't are studies that back up these claims. I see people like us who say it but no scientific study.

Usually, they are beta as fuck and most often a cuck with low testosterone.

There is exceptions of course like Angry Iron Mike. More often, its what i said above. My father warned me about the quiet dude, the one who is humble, and has nothing to prove

I've had the opposite assumed about me plenty of times. I'm quiet and tall, so people tend to assume I can fight and will avoid pissing me off. Now, I've never been in a fight and don't intend to without a damned good reason, but I don't exactly go out of my way to correct them. I rather enjoy not being fucked with.

I know a guy 6'5. Think dwayne johnson. He accidentally hit a guy in the face while on a bender running into a bathroom door. The door hit dude in the face and the guy apologized to the 6'5 goon. Little does he know he cannot fight. He has size. If I accidentally scuff someone's pumas in the bar, dudes want to fight. I've hit on girls in bars and cucks will posture about thst being their gf. You got to inform cucks she is cute, you are single, and that it is what it is. Be willing to throw down. Most people will run away when you call all in.

I think the loudness of a persons mouth is almost entirely independent of their ability to claim victory in brawls.

I've run and taught at a Bjj gym for the last 6 years. Tough guys never feel the need to tell you how tough they are. Guys who proclaim how great they are usually get humbled or don't last

Generally speaking, it's like poker, someone who is bluffing, tends to overly raise, to compensate for their fear of being called.

However, some people do have anger built up, which comes pouring out. My older brother is like this. You can usually tell the difference between someone who is faking it by their conviction, posture, et cetera.

Im the silent but deadly type. Ive never been in a fight though. Not many people ever wanted to fight me. Maybe its because im small or maybe its because in high school i was training taekwondo 5 days a week and with the olympic team so nobody wanted to test me.

I dont know if i subscribe to the big loud mouth pussy theory. We had a big loud mouth in high school and he kicked the shit out of everyone.

Lmao we had a few of these guys at my school

They stopped being dickheads when smaller guys stepped to them though. They enjoyed fucking with people, but when they got confronted they chose to chill out a bit after that.

You've all seen it. The man whose super loud and threatening people and people are scared of him. Why? He is pretty big and loud. However, slim margin of people say loudmouths are weaker then the silent ones. That loud mouths are trying to intimidate instead of real fighting.

Is this true?

I'm more introverted and when I was young, I was quick to fight. However I don't are studies that back up these claims. I see people like us who say it but no scientific study.

Meh I've seen it a few ways. I've seen loud mouths who can back it up and those who can't. It's all on chance really.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. This scene says it best.

Sometimes even people who got serious hands come across someone they shouldn't have fucked with or they make a single mistake that fucks them over in a street fight. If you fight a lot, you'll wind up losing a few. It could be an ass kicking or you could wind up getting killed. Personally as my fighting experience grew, I got less and less confrontational with people and more confident in holding my ground. My physical aggression went up, but my talking skills went down just because I started thinking about the fight more than the argument.

Untitled_zpsq8thzocg.jpg

20170427_092130_zpsp5c8qwaw.jpg

Whatchu say mang?
Congrats on your accomplishments. That must have took a lot of dedication. I agree never judge a book by the cover. Loudmouth can be an insecure punk or bonafied 5150 and just doesn't give a fuck. Or quiet guy that lets his actions speak louder than words or doing his best to avoid confrontation because they can't fight. World isn't black and white.

Some are tough and legit, some not. I don't know the %.

What I do know about loudmouths is this. Whether they are tough or not, what they generally want even more than a fight is attention.

I am well past my fighting days, but whenever I genuinely wanted to test a loudmouth, I would generally go the quiet route with him. I would go up to him and quietly suggest a private place nearby where just the 2 of us could have a square go. If there is anything a loudmouth hates, it is quiet and private.

Some would get louder and more obnoxious, claiming to want to have a go then and there in front of the whole world. And the louder they got, the more calm I was, offering real reasons for privacy, 'No need for anyone to get in trouble, we can just resolve matters in private, then go about our evenings'

Sometimes they would lose it in public and just throw down there. Those were typically short lived encounters as I am a former D-1 wrestler. Most just walked off. Once, only once, did I ever have a loudmouth take me up on my offer of a private scrap. It brings me no pleasure to say it, but that was not a good night for me. Oh well, win some lose some.

So you sucker punched a bouncer and ran straight away? what certain people should he know not to bother while doing his job? cowards?

Nope, he's a bouncer in a large bar who starts walking over to grab my shoulder and mad dog me, he knows the risk. Not like he was walking over to tell me how gorgeous I am, his fault. I walked right out the nearest exit because I didn't feel like dealing with the 20 other douchebags who want to be cops but can't make the cut. I was a hothead, not an idiot.

And what I meant by knowing not to bother certain people, you know a roughneck prison type by looking at him, approach with caution dumbass.

I always wanted to be the quiet badass who dealt out justice to mean spirited loud mouth bullies, but i didnt start martial arts training until my early twenties there were a few times I saw bullies get their asses kicked. It was deeply rewarding.there was a movie I saw from the early nineties or late eighties were a nerd beats up a bully and they become friends at the end. I can't remember what it was called but I remember the kid used brass knuckles.

3 O'clock High? Great movie

Generally speaking tough guys know they're tough, and don't have to run their mouth 24/7 trying to convince others. Their are exceptions to everything though.
This is true as they age, but these tough guys where usualy loudmouths when they where younger

You dont feel bad about it, stop lying to yourself.

Watching street fights on youtube seems the loud ones win the most
Thats usually because loud mouths/bullies "prove" themselves and pick on people they know they can beat up. Like some big kid at school picking on a geek and gaining a reputation for being the hardest kid in school.

Back