My unbiased rundown of Ngannou vs Reem

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just watched all of Ngannous fights. Obviosuly this didnt take very long as he only has 5 that were all finishes.

At first thought I really had Ngannou walking through Overeem. It's going to all come down to Overeems gameplan, we all know what Ngannou is going to be looking to do. Hes going to be trying to box Overeem and catch him on the chin.

Ngannou will knock Reem out if he hits him clean, 100 percent and he won't recover. Reem is aware of this and should be avoiding any exchanges at all costs. Overeem can defenitly KO Ngannou, and in more ways than Ngannou can KO Reem. Reem is better everywhere than Ngannou except he has less power and I think Ngannou is clearly stronger.

Ngannous biggest attribute is his raw strength.. that standing kimura he put on hamilton was a ridiculous example of that. He relies on strength for his TDD as well which compensates for his lack of defensive techniques.

Ngannou was on his back in 2 of his UFC fights against Henrique and Blaydes. His TDD is decent, nothing special but defenitly not the worst we have seen. But is both instances he was on his back he really didnt show anything at all. He was just holding on or relying on the ref to stand them up. This is his biggest weakness as it is with alot of boxers. No doubt his bottom game has improved but he's very very green in terms of fight time and overall career something like 5 years of practising in total.

His ground game wont be improved enough to get Overeem off of him and this is what I had underestimated in my initial thoughts on this fight. The skill gap is to big for Ngannou to ever catch up to Reem here or be good enough to be a threat to Reem anywhere on the ground.

I still think Ngannou catches Reem flush during an exchange. He has so much power + reems chin that itll only take 1 to put reem away.

Ngannou could get beat easily if Overeem sticks to a solid gameplan. But I see this fight more as a pickem fight than I did before.

Ngannou KO rd 2

I'm picking Reem UD

JDS & Hunt are better striker and Reem got the best of Them

I think Frank is too Green.

As Much I love Reem, Kinda Hope Frank Win this tho.

I don't want to see another rematch and the HW division NEEDS younger top talent

That's my favorite fight on the card no doubt

My unbiased rundown:

Ngannou via KO or Econoreem by decision

Francis best win is shot Andrei arlovski... We need to slow down on him. Reem has way way way way more experience and will have a good gameplan and will know exactly what to do to win

This fight is going to be fucking nuts can't wait I feel like this fight will go similar to the Arlovski fight... Reem will be cautious fighting from the outside trying to throw that 1 bomb while Ngannou will be aggressive throwing bombs 83 feet away having Reem on the defensive ... Reem covers up Ngannou backs him into corner with huge 3 4 punch combination Reem is KO cold and NGANNOU is the winner

My unbiased rundown:

Reem will do a lot of running, and someone's going down.

So Pumped for this one. Best Heavyweight fight in a while. The top strikers in the UFC will Bang. Hard to pick against my boy Reem. But if Ngannou touches that chin , he might be out for a couple of minutes.

Reem is going to spam oblique kicks and run from Ngannou when Ngannou goes on the offensive. Then get KTFO.

Reem by being calm and taking the fight out of the first round

hmmm yeah reem could get knocked out by him just like he could anyone else at heavyweight, but more often than not it doesnt happen and he wins, hes very intelligent with his gameplan now, he was the one calling out ngannou so im fairly confident he will take it

yeah ngannou has a punchers chance just like everyone else reem fights

overeem has mad skill he usually doesn't need to use any of it because of his massive size and power..

I just watched all of Ngannous fights. Obviosuly this didnt take very long as he only has 5 that were all finishes.

At first thought I really had Ngannou walking through Overeem. It's going to all come down to Overeems gameplan, we all know what Ngannou is going to be looking to do. Hes going to be trying to box Overeem and catch him on the chin.

Ngannou will knock Reem out if he hits him clean, 100 percent and he won't recover. Reem is aware of this and should be avoiding any exchanges at all costs. Overeem can defenitly KO Ngannou, and in more ways than Ngannou can KO Reem. Reem is better everywhere than Ngannou except he has less power and I think Ngannou is clearly stronger.

Ngannous biggest attribute is his raw strength.. that standing kimura he put on hamilton was a ridiculous example of that. He relies on strength for his TDD as well which compensates for his lack of defensive techniques.

Ngannou was on his back in 2 of his UFC fights against Henrique and Blaydes. His TDD is decent, nothing special but defenitly not the worst we have seen. But is both instances he was on his back he really didnt show anything at all. He was just holding on or relying on the ref to stand them up. This is his biggest weakness as it is with alot of boxers. No doubt his bottom game has improved but he's very very green in terms of fight time and overall career something like 5 years of practising in total.

His ground game wont be improved enough to get Overeem off of him and this is what I had underestimated in my initial thoughts on this fight. The skill gap is to big for Ngannou to ever catch up to Reem here or be good enough to be a threat to Reem anywhere on the ground.

I still think Ngannou catches Reem flush during an exchange. He has so much power + reems chin that itll only take 1 to put reem away.

Ngannou could get beat easily if Overeem sticks to a solid gameplan. But I see this fight more as a pickem fight than I did before.

Ngannou KO rd 2

Ngannou has a puncher's chance but on paper Overeem is better everywhere. Ngannou is untested and this is a huge step up in competition for someone who's best win is a streaky, over the hill Arlovski. I'm taking Overeem by TKO or UD

So Pumped for this one. Best Heavyweight fight in a while. The top strikers in the UFC will Bang. Hard to pick against my boy Reem. But if Ngannou touches that chin , he might be out for a couple of minutes.

Good lord the fact that you think these are the best strikers in the UFC

hmmm yeah reem could get knocked out by him just like he could anyone else at heavyweight, but more often than not it doesnt happen and he wins, hes very intelligent with his gameplan now, he was the one calling out ngannou so im fairly confident he will take it

yeah ngannou has a punchers chance just like everyone else reem fights

No punchers chance my ass all of Ngannou KOs r from timing and great athletic ability not no fluke punch lololololololllllll anything Reem throw Ngannou can throw but better

I love these 2 fighters but I truly believe this fight wont live up to the hype, econoreem will be extremely passive and win a split decision

Good lord the fact that you think these are the best strikers in the UFC

Lmfaoooo not only r they the best strikers but the most deadly .... think u can take one of their shots on the chin? You'll be in a fucking coma

Lmfaoooo not only r they the best strikers but the most deadly .... think u can take one of their shots on the chin? You'll be in a fucking coma

TIL fighter's striking ability is predicated on their ability to knockout Sherdoggers

Motherfucker I couldn't take a shot from John Dodson and neither could you, let alone UFC HW's .

Back