My top 5 P4P all time great list.

Those are top five you can go with any order.

1- Jones
2- Fedor
3- Anderson
4- GSP
5- Aldo

The 5th spot was thinking about MM as well, but decided putting Aldo.

What u guys say?
This list in any order is basically the consensus among MMA Fans.

Mine would be
Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Aldo

1. Aldo
2. Fedor
3. Anderson
4. Jones
5. GSP

I would go

1. GSP - Toughest weight class, best compeitition, never lost the belt, didn't test positive.

2. Anderson Silva

3. Jon Jones

4. Mighty Mouse

5. Fedor

Kind of laughable to have Aldo in top 5 and not mighty mouse imo

Gsp definitely lost the belt to Matt Serra. He avenged the loss and regained the title, but he did lose the belt

1- Jones
2- Fedor
3- Anderson
4- GSP
5- Aldo

The 5th spot was thinking about MM as well, but decided putting Aldo.

What u guys say?
Well

I'd have it
Jones / gsp 1-2 if gsp beats bisbing then gsp obvious número uno
Anderson 3
Aldo 4
Mm or dc #5

The competition is light years ahead of fedor.
Compare fedor to stipe jds Cain or dc, I think they all beat him.
In fedors prime he lost to an 85er yes fedor was 35 and 34 when he lost 3 in a row.
Then he fought more cans and won except the Maldonado fight which he lost and the mittrione fight which he lost, basically 2 more guys who didn't reach the top of the UFC.

Ya it was fun watching him but P4p lol y'all need to stop with this shit

Well

I'd have it
Jones / gsp 1-2 if gsp beats bisbing then gsp obvious número uno
Anderson 3
Aldo 4
Mm or dc #5

The competition is light years ahead of fedor.
Compare fedor to stipe jds Cain or dc, I think they all beat him.
In fedors prime he lost to an 85er yes fedor was 35 and 34 when he lost 3 in a row.
Then he fought more cans and won except the Maldonado fight which he lost and the mittrione fight which he lost, basically 2 more guys who didn't reach the top of the UFC.

Ya it was fun watching him but P4p lol y'all need to stop with this shit

Yeah, but Fedor beat big Nog twice, who was a legit HW, would hang in the current day top HWs if he was in his early 30s. The game was different, it evolved: you can't discredit guys for being born in a different era. Fedor dominated his era and belongs in a top-5 list.

Also, a lot of MMA fighters themselves put Fedor as the best ever and so on. I can find an interview with Aldo saying that for example.

No way. Welterweight has always been mediocre. Jones and Silva are above GSP, also just based on skills and diversity.
Welterweight has consistently been the most difficult weight class up until the past 2 years when Middlweight became insanely tough. Even now it's still pretty damn competitive with Woodley, Maia, Masvidal, Lawler, Cerrone, and Lima, Larkin, and Rory in Bellator.
Based on skills and diversity GSP is still the best anyway you dice it imo

Welterweight has consistently been the most difficult weight class up until the past 2 years. Based on skills and diversity GSP is still the best anyway you dice it imo

Then we disagree. MW had much tougher competition (Damien Maia had to run away to be relevant). The movements Silva was able to pull off, the diversity of finishes: kicks, punches, knees submissions: true MMA. GSP doesn't come close to that, nobody does really.

You have to actually have beaten some all time greats to be in the top 5. MM doesn't even crack my top 10 for that reason, then you throw in he's scared of real competition I don't know if he's top 20 material.

Then we disagree. MW had much tougher competition (Damien Maia had to run away to be relevant). The movements Silva was able to pull off, the diversity of finishes: kicks, punches, knees submissions: true MMA. GSP doesn't come close to that, nobody does really.
Middle weight was at its weakest when Silva was champ. His best win is basically Sonnen, who wouldn't be top 10 in the UFC right now.

I will say, Silva is the best striker of all time and probably has the greatest highlight reel ever, but i think GSP was overall a more complete fighter and had much stiffer competition.

Silva
MM
Conor
DC
BJ Penn

Jones has never fought against bigger opponents. GSP can get there if he is successful at MW.

I would have it

1a. Fedor (resume wise)
1b. Anderson (skill wise)

then 3,4,5 are Aldo, GSP and Jones depending on what criteria you want to rate them on. Obviously, all three are still fighting so their rankings will go up / down in the future. I expect Aldo and GSP to win titles in the near future and with Jones, the sky is the limit. I wouldn't be surprised to rank one of them as my new #1 in the near future.

Back