My take on the whole career of Jon Jones: do you agree? Updated after his recent comments!!

tozot

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

After talking about God and his Children:

curse-cursed-gif-hot-Favim.com-1640596.gif

tumblr_n78kgjudsP1teu2d7o1_400.gif

Last edited:
He's beaten a lot of good guys after their prime and many middleweights. His best wins are Gus and dc and he lost rounds to both

No matter what happens it won't erase my memories of him

- ragdolling Bonnar
- literally breaking Vera's face with a hellbow
- making Shogun tap to strikes
- dominating Rampage and making him tap
- making Machida knee himself in the face after choking him unconscious standing
- kicking DC upside his head
- among other things

Josh Barnett has used steroids non stop over a 20 year career. I still enjoy him beating down Couture and Big Nog.

The collapse of Jones' career hasn't affected me as profoundly because I couldn't have drank it.

Nobody can beat him. I'm triggered nobody could do it

I'm less upset about the PEDs than I am about his other problems in life. I'm actually kinda frustrated that the only way he will see any kind of justice is from a non-criminal PED issue involving private organizations. The guy should be in prison, and society should be kept safe from his self-destructive tendencies that have previously resulted in collateral damage.

Say what you will but I guess we have here a case where a gif does the topic justice; the promise was there in abundance but oh, did he come crashing down hard...

There is nothing left for him in MMA, as far as I am concerned...

You heard me, NOTHING!

No matter what happens it won't erase my memories of him

- ragdolling Bonnar
- literally breaking Vera's face with a hellbow
- making Shogun tap to strikes
- dominating Rampage and making him tap
- making Machida knee himself in the face after choking him unconscious standing
- kicking DC upside his head
- among other things

Josh Barnett has used steroids non stop over a 20 year career. I still enjoy him beating down Couture and Big Nog.

Agreed. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about fighters' legacies when I'm watching fights. I watch to see moments like the ones you mentioned.

He's beaten a lot of good guys after their prime and many middleweights. His best wins are Gus and dc and he lost rounds to both

If you want to dismiss him do it because of the steroids. Don't dismiss his record. It's better than basically everyone in the history of the sport.

Jones not only ruined his own career but he basically ruined DC's as well. By not coming into that fight clean, we will never know what would have happened? DC will never know. He gets handed back a belt after getting knocked out. He will never fight Jones again. A legacy incomplete. Jones Legacy is basically destroyed.

Im dissapointed
Great fighter that cant do the basics to stay fighting

Fans loose out

Watching that many big frosty beers spill makes me sadder than Jon Jones career does :(

Back