My standard promotion thread...

NoGiRonin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I finally get a chance to make one of these...but today, I was promoted to purple belt in BJJ. After tearing up some higher ranks at tournaments in the last six months, I felt like a promotion was coming, but I never would ask for one. Today, I went to the gym to train, and Jason Chambers (BJJ black belt/host of the human weapon) was there. He is good friends with my coach. He had me roll for an hour against different teammates. After the hour was over, I hear "hey, heads up" and he tossed me a purple belt.

Then he rolled with me a few times (destroying me each time) and all was good. Very happy to hit this next step. Looking forward to compete as an actual purple belt now.

It does feel great. Since September of the last year, I've been four purple belts and one brown in competition, as a blue belt. I definitely felt it was time, but did not know it was coming.

Thanks ya'll!

I am excited to finally compete as a purple belt. Just going to be another fun part of the journey.

Standard congrats man! Good on ya and it sounds cool. Purple always seemed to me like when you start to get genuinely good at Bjj

Standard congrats man! Good on ya and it sounds cool. Purple always seemed to me like when you start to get genuinely good at Bjj

Definitely. My game has just kept evolving. It feels good that it has been recognized as such.

Also, I want to go on record and say that Jason Chambers is a serious badass on the mats. Dude is a legit black belt. Even with no ACL left, he still smashed me. His top game is ridiculous.

Congrats. Now none has to hate you for sandbagging.

<28>

Now that I am a purple, I want a match against Dan The Wolfman.

I'm ready.

Back