My son has major surgery tomorrow.

Sorry for the disappointing update but surgery has been postponed. He had a low-grade fever last night and the surgeon elected to wait up to 3 weeks to see if this reduces and he's symptom-free!!! Thanks for the all the well wishes, I will update in a few weeks once the surgery is complete instead of letting everyone hanging. Disappointment levels are huge today but I realize for the long game this was the right call. Thanks again for all the support!!!!
I couldn't imagine my little boy having any kind of surgery, let alone something so major! Your nerves must be absolutely shot but it sounds like he's in great hands. Wishing you and your family luck!

Best of luck to your little boy. I can't imagine how you must feel, I freaked out when my baby had a low fever.

I couldn't imagine my little boy having any kind of surgery, let alone something so major! Your nerves must be absolutely shot but it sounds like he's in great hands. Wishing you and your family luck!
Your range of emotion becomes depleted. I’m an overly energetic, high octane ADDish, go go go in control type of guy. My drive and ceiling for positive energy has dropped but probably still higher than most (according to my family and core social network) I’ve given my self less responsibility in other facets of life. Working 3-4 days a week, and letting my foot off the gas with work and social life in general has helped. I think it would have been reasonable to take extended time off due to the circumstances but the work I have been doing helps and is rewarding. We have 2 family businesses and I work 1 afternoon a week with a disabled gentlemen in the community. Retreating from that would be probably be negative all around. My wife is the real hero. Since may 22 she’s been in Toronto every night but 4 and left our house behind for the time being.

Best of luck to your little boy. I can't imagine how you must feel, I freaked out when my baby had a low fever.
That’s what got our surgery post poned this morning!

I'm pulling for your son and your entire family. I hope everything goes well. As a parent that is some scary scary stuff! Be well.

Your range of emotion becomes depleted. I’m an overly energetic, high octane ADDish, go go go in control type of guy. My drive and ceiling for positive energy has dropped but probably still higher than most (according to my family and core social network) I’ve given my self less responsibility in other facets of life. Working 3-4 days a week, and letting my foot off the gas with work and social life in general has helped. I think it would have been reasonable to take extended time off due to the circumstances but the work I have been doing helps and is rewarding. We have 2 family businesses and I work 1 afternoon a week with a disabled gentlemen in the community. Retreating from that would be probably be negative all around. My wife is the real hero. Since may 22 she’s been in Toronto every night but 4 and left our house behind for the time being.
teared up reading that last part, love ya to bits Jimmy

Surgery was post poned for 3 weeks from now due to low grade fever. He was suppose to go in for surgery at 7:30am they cancelled at 7:25am.
You saw what GSP did to Hughes on 2 weeks notice before Christmas years ago. You give your boy 3 weeks and I can only imagine how he is going to dominate.

Little guy will do just fine man. Kids are tough and he sounds like a fighter. Good luck to all of you guys man. Your sherbros are here for you.

Sorry for the disappointing update but surgery has been postponed. He had a low-grade fever last night and the surgeon elected to wait up to 3 weeks to see if this reduces and he's symptom-free!!! Thanks for the all the well wishes, I will update in a few weeks once the surgery is complete instead of letting everyone hanging. Disappointment levels are huge today but I realize for the long game this was the right call. Thanks again for all the support!!!!

It is better to do a go-around than attempt a dangerous landing- pilot knows what he is doing!

Thanks for updating me earlier, Jim.

Sound like good family and good people. Looking forward to when you can update us that the family is all home safe and sound.

Im late on this but I hope your son is doing alright and you/your family persevere through this ordeal. Thoughts are with you @Jim , the kid's a beauty

Back