My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

Compare my bone crushing baseball bat swing to these tip tap ballerina kicks on the pads.

Who the fuck taught him to kick???

Those head kicks wouldn't even knock down a senior citizen. They are just taps on the head. Van Damme is not using his body behind them either. They are effectively leg and foot taps.

Does the same criticism apply to me here?

A bit different, this one you're walking into it, so its like a step in. Pre-pivoting isn't too bad, its more moving in sync.

You're losing balance on this vid though

A bit different, this one you're walking into it, so its like a step in. Pre-pivoting isn't too bad, its more moving in sync.

You're losing balance on this vid though

My timing is better though.

51CcVJvkijL._SY445_.jpg

Young van damme would kick your ass. Probably the old version also.

There's nothing to time in this scenario, its hitting a stationary target for demonstration purposes

We were talking about the timing the pivot. He pivots too soon, you wrote. Now in this thread you write it's all good to pivot early.. Are your views this inconcistent from day to day?

We were talking about the timing the pivot. He pivots too soon, you wrote. Now in this thread you write it's all good to pivot early.. Are your views this inconcistent from day to day?
Ah okay.

Overall, avoiding all forms of pre-pivoting is the goal. Its good you can do it quick, but it still has other problems associated with it. Your case is balance which is bad. You need to address that.

The tech is slightly different as well, hes doing it stationary whereas youre walking in/step in. I'll have to watch it again, but if you're stepping in with a pivot that's a no no

Overall, avoiding all forms of pre-pivoting is the goal. Its good you can do it quick, but it still has other problems associated with it. Your case is balance which is bad. You need to address that.

The tech is slightly different as well, hes doing it stationary whereas youre walking in/step in. I'll have to watch it again, but if you're stepping in with a pivot that's a no no

Spacetime's kick is godawful. He steps in with a partial pre-pivot, then completes the pivot on his standing leg after the kick lands. He's not turning or opening up the hips to drive the leg through, in fact you can actually see his leg dragging his hips & leg around for the ride which is why his balance and form are so poor. He literally throws his leg up and has his entire body dragging backwards against the kick. It's the kind of shit kicks that make me cringe when I watch WMMA.

Back