My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

I'll tell you guys what I want to try for fun. In my TKD club against the high level guys, they see me loading up on the kick and stay away, and kick me long range and use their speedy footwork.

But what happens if I spar a Muay Thai guy instead.. Don't they like.. close range....?

.View attachment 393097
You could learn what are the common counters used on you when you load up like that for the kick and train some counters with this kick.

The best comparison would be an old George Foreman. Slow as shit, but bad news for the opponent if he lands.

8JSsj3y.gif

I hear what you're saying but it's easier to maintain balance this way, and the hip still generates enough force. Speaking for myself that is.
Not really. Your just used to doing it that way

And there are all time great Kickboxers kicking with the foot, most notably Ernesto Hoost.

And there are all time great Kickboxers kicking with the foot, most notably Ernesto Hoost.

Really............kicking with his foot....he certainly didn't when he threw a low kick, which he did most of the time.......nice troll

Now go watch his videos, you do understand that in a fight you cannot always land a head kick flush?? Right?? You do understand that your opponent is not going to always just stand there........you do make me laugh, you haven't actually trained in a gym have you, apart from some TKD Mcdojo....

Last edited:
You usually don;t. In MT top is seen as the shield, and the lower is the sword. Its more of the angle that got the shin break.

But he's not the only one in the UFC half-assing low kicks, and they don't break their leg.

But he's not the only one in the UFC half-assing low kicks, and they don't break their leg.
They're also not getting checked near the knee. I'm guessing on most of the breaks, the fighter's happen to have injured shins leading up to the event.

They're also not getting checked near the knee. I'm guessing on most of the breaks, the fighter's happen to have injured shins leading up to the event.
i think this is the case more often then not.

So why do you expect anything else? I would still argue Karate and Taekwondo kicks are more solid and less commital.
When you get a little older you might start to understand that just because something is comfortable, that doesn’t mean that it’s right

When you get a little older you might start to understand that just because something is comfortable, that doesn’t mean that it’s right

Do you expect me to throw a Muay Thai kick as a red belt in Taekwondo?

it's actually reasonably common with older kickers. less flexibility leads to more breaks. the same thing happened to spong, thats why he got out of kickboxing.

As you get older, it becomes harder to stay at a level that is close to your prime and as most people know it also takes longer to heal. This combination can lead to micro fractures in the shin bone due to over conditioning which have no time to heal, with fight camps so close to the actual fights. I am surprised we don't see more shin breaks in fighters in later years. I guess the usage of PED's that can increase bone density can help this.

Back