My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a red belt (belt before black) in Taekwondo.

Do I kick better than an average MMA/UFC guy? I have never been to an MMA gym.

Last edited:
I am going to say yes then watch the video.

CM Punk esque are his kicks Joe

CM-Punk-2snGA29qWqw.gif

1. Video is in slow-mo so I can't tell how fast or powerful your kick is
2. You're also kicking with the foot instead of the shin, which is not ideal for MMA. I know they teach you to do that in Taekwondo but you can break your foot very easily in a fight if your opponent knows what he's doing.
3. In regards to your question, if you're comparing yourself to a fighter who kicks frequently, then no. You're definitely a better kicker than DC though :p
4. It takes balls to post something like this on Sherdog, so keep practicing, but try to land with the lower part of the shin instead of the foot. Trust me, it helps.

That's a pretty sweet home gym setup.

9/10

No way you could bench teh 275. Stick with Takinyerdough.

What random spot will you place your bag today?

It looks like you need to stretch a little, and hit the bag with your shin.

Wow! Are they still that bad? Their punching has improved a lot! Romero had a nice KO of Rockhold.

My problem is they have no set ups it' just the same goddamn kick over and over.

Example is I box but occasionally dabble in pka kickboxing and they have great flexiblity and many colorful kicks and set ups. I don't see it in MMA even though I mostly box.

1. Video is in slow-mo so I can't tell how fast or powerful your kick is
2. You're also kicking with the foot instead of the shin, which is not ideal for MMA. I know they teach you to do that in Taekwondo but you can break your foot very easily in a fight if your opponent knows what he's doing.
3. In regards to your question, if you're comparing yourself to a fighter who kicks frequently, then no. You're definitely a better kicker than DC though :p
4. It takes balls to post something like this on Sherdog, so keep practicing, but try to land with the lower part of the shin instead of the foot. Trust me, it helps.

Thanks man. Here's how hard I kick.

Thanks man. Here's how hard I kick.

You're not exactly a speed demon, but a very competent kicker nonetheless. You have good power because of your long legs and knowing how to swing your arms correctly. All in all, pretty solid.

You're not exactly a speed demon, but a very competent kicker nonetheless. You have good power because of your long legs and knowing how to swing your arms correctly. All in all, pretty solid.

You hit the nail on the head. I'm kinda like the kicking equivalent of a slugger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back