My quest to loose BF and gain muscle.

Tizzle

White Belt
Reaction score
Here it goes. I started my journey on reclaiming my body back about 3 months ago, so far it's been great. I've managed to loose almost 15 pounds in maybe 3 months, and gained lots of strength.

I'm going to post my diet log here, maybe just to teak it up or for some good advise.

Stats:
6' 3''
198lbs
strength training 3 days a week
consists of:
Bench press, overhead press, squat, stiff leg dead lift, bb curl, bentover row and calf raises.
2 days various cardio. (elliptical, treadmill, bike tennis golf ect.)

Only current advice I have right now, is to contact a forum moderator, maybe Xtrainer or someone, and have them change the title of the thread to avoid misinterpretations and looking like a weirdo.

June 21, 2010:

6:30am
2 scoops of whey
1/3 oats
half banana
tbsp flaxseeds

10:30am
4 egg white
2 whole eggs
2 slices or rye bread
tiny bit of margarine

12:00pm
2 peices of chicken breast
about a cup of brown rice mix
2 cups of broccoli

2:30pm
1 cup mixed berry
handful of almonds and pecans

6:00pm
2 scoops of whey shake

7:30pm
piece of tenderloin pork
brown rice
1 cup of green beans
2 homemade cookies high fibber tasteless and pretty healthy lol

Only current advice I have right now, is to contact a forum moderator, maybe Xtrainer or someone, and have them change the title of the thread to avoid misinterpretations and looking like a weirdo.

haha oh shit i didn't realise it.

Oh well not a big deal.

Realize. Lol. We'll get you there.

Edit: That sounds like a lot of food for someone trying to lose weight. Have you tried tracking your calories to see what you're averaging at? What sort of activities/exercise do you do regularly.

Realize. Lol. We'll get you there.

Edit: That sounds like a lot of food for someone trying to lose weight. Have you tried tracking your calories to see what you're averaging at? What sort of activities/exercise do you do regularly.

strength training 3 days a week
consists of:
Bench press, overhead press, squat, stiff leg dead lift, bb curl, bentover row and calf raises.
2 days various cardio. (elliptical, treadmill, bike tennis golf ect.)

No i don't count my calories.

I dunno it seams to be working for me so far, if i eat less im afraid i wont meet my macros

Well if it's working for you, and you're consistently losing weight, fuck it; keep doing what you're doing.

If you're eating that much, and having a hard time meeting your macros, I'm curious as to what your macro requirement is... And how do you know you're not meeting them, if you're not tracking your food? Lol.

I think your diet looks really good overall. Not too many people come in here with an opening clean diet, that would actually serve them well.

Well if it's working for you, and you're consistently losing weight, fuck it; keep doing what you're doing.

If you're eating that much, and having a hard time meeting your macros, I'm curious as to what your macro requirement is... And how do you know you're not meeting them, if you're not tracking your food? Lol.

200/200/40, I try to calculate the macs quickly but for the exact amount of calories i consume, I couldn't tell you. I guess ill work on that tonight.

I know meal 1 is
475 calories
57g protein
59g carbs
10g fat

meal 2
387 calories
43g protein
26g arbs
11g fat

I find it harder to calculate my lunch and supper because i tend to change it up, but seem to be generaly the same, in terms of macros.

I guess if i'm having trouble later on losing the fat i could cut down on my diet. obviously the first ten pound were easy enough to lose, I am still losing, just not as quick.

That's probably because you are eating close to your maintenance calories.

Anyways, what's with the really high carb intake? Do you require 200g or just intake 200g? It sounds like you are shooting for 200g.

I think you'd be better served to reduce that, in order to reduce calories. Even if you only do it for the remainder of the weight. Don't take this as me suggesting that you should do low-carb; I just don't think it's necessary to require 200g of carbs daily. If that is the case.

That's probably because you are eating close to your maintenance calories.

Anyways, what's with the really high carb intake? Do you require 200g or just intake 200g? It sounds like you are shooting for 200g.

I think you'd be better served to reduce that, in order to reduce calories. Even if you only do it for the remainder of the weight. Don't take this as me suggesting that you should do low-carb; I just don't think it's necessary to require 200g of carbs daily. If that is the case.

I agree, maybe i should cut out the rye bread in the morning.

according to my calculations to lose 1pound a week, my calorie intake should be 2700. Do you think by just looking at my log, im close?

Hard to say. I'm much better with numbers than I am guessing. If there's one thing I learned, guessing calories is a waste of time. You can easily be way above or below your estimation. Very easily.

Last edited:
Back