My Murica Travel Plans

This is the car I'm renting lol
1.jpg

I'm wondering if I should go for a 4WD vehicle so I can explore more.
I don't think I'll drive to Sacramento but I'm thinking of hitting up Barbell Brigade when I'm in LA.

Yeah I saw a couple youtube videos and that hike looks like no joke. I need to train some cardio before this trip.

No idea yet. I actually didn't know about Dana point until yesterday. You recommend any places?
Some cool beach spots around there Thousand Steps, Doheny State Beach, etc.

Tons of good food and a few breweries too.

Highway 1/PCH is a cool drive for ocean views as well from like Newport/Corona Del Mar down to Dana Point.

Laguna Beach can have a ton of homeless hanging around it though.

I just applied for the ESTA travel visa. It would suck fucking balls if I get rejected although I don't see why I would be.
Damn bro hopefully it will change directs unless you down for some big wave surfing
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/...turn-forecasters-warn-of-heavy-rain-flooding/
Shit. My trip is still a couple weeks away so hopefully it will have passed by then.
Some cool beach spots around there Thousand Steps, Doheny State Beach, etc.

Tons of good food and a few breweries too.

Highway 1/PCH is a cool drive for ocean views as well from like Newport/Corona Del Mar down to Dana Point.

Laguna Beach can have a ton of homeless hanging around it though.
Good suggestions! You're making it harder for me to decide if I should explore the LA area or check out San Diego.

That settles it. Asians ARE smarter. Except for the 2%.
we have a strong vetting system down here, we only let in the really good looking and crazy rich Asians (see what I did there, I worked in a movie promo to attract more Asians to the thread).
images

Also don't mean to be "that guy" but 2% of the Florida population isn't 2% of all Asians

Camping in Death Valley this time of year?

Sweet Jesus

I just applied for the ESTA travel visa. It would suck fucking balls if I get rejected although I don't see why I would be.

Shit. My trip is still a couple weeks away so hopefully it will have passed by then.

Good suggestions! You're making it harder for me to decide if I should explore the LA area or check out San Diego.
You can hit some major traffic heading all the way down to SD and on the way back. Dana Point is south OC.

If you go to SD, do the Gaslamp district for food and hit up Stone Brewery for a tour and tasting if you like beer.

Then I fly out to the Bay Area on my own. I reserved a car and I'll stay in SF at a friend's house for 3 nights. I think I'll spend most of the time meeting some friends I haven't seen in a long time but I'll also do some touristy stuff as well.
Golden Gate
Muir Woods & Stinson
Fisherman's Wharf
Maritime National Park
Palace of Fine Arts
Not SF but, Carmel beach - A girl I know invited me to head out there but it's bit of a drive so I'm still thinking about it.
Hit up a dispensary for some edibles

Then I'm driving to Yosemite. Going to stay there for two nights and explore as much as I can. I don't know how challenging the hikes are but I'm going to try to hit Glacier Point, Half Dome, and Vernal Falls. I also want to check out the Mariposa Grove Museum to see Sequoia trees.
The wife and I vacationed to California last year. We started up north at Yoesemite and slowly worked down the state. After Yosemite (just beautiful!) we went to san fran (not bad, check out the soma streat food park, we loved it).

After than we went to carmel/monterey (nice beaches) and finally we ended up in Big sur (amazingly beautiful). Definitely check out Big Sur if you can. Pfeiffer beach has the keyhole (must see), and mcway falls. You're gonna have so much fun.

KeyholeSingleBeamLight12262013.jpg

So I'm flying out to Oahu!
I'm a bit sick so this is perfect timing lol. It seems the weather in Oahu won't be that great next week but I'm hoping it'll clear up a bit. It's going to suck if I can't surf or have to cancel my skydiving reservation.

On the upside, one of my friend's has a couple properties in SF and has let me stay at one of them for free. I have a house to myself in the city, which is fucking awesome.

I highly recommend ditching LA to go to San Diego. It just a much better city.

Co-signing. I've lived in every corner of the US and in particular SD and LA. I wrote a long post about how great SD is that I'll track down and repost if you want TS, it's truly one of the nicest cities in America and I've seen most of the major ones. Los Angeles has a certain filthy charm to it like a girl in a punk band that with a septum ring that you know for fucking sure is going to suck you so hard you might lose a testicle, but San Diego is the classy broad in a French beret that has perfect hair and marriage potential.

So my plans are pretty much set. I'm leaving on a Saturday for Oahu with some family members and we are staying with my cousin. He works for a tour company so he says he has a plan set for us but I definitely want to do some exploring on my own.
My plans for Oahu are:
Surf at Waikiki
Snorkeling at Hanauma
Byodo In temple
Lanikai beach
Pillbox Hike
Pearl Harbor
And whatever interesting thing I come across. We are staying for about a week, but I have a day to myself after my family goes back to Korea. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do for a day but I'll probably rent a car and explore.

Then I fly out to the Bay Area on my own. I reserved a car and I'll stay in SF at a friend's house for 3 nights. I think I'll spend most of the time meeting some friends I haven't seen in a long time but I'll also do some touristy stuff as well.
Golden Gate
Muir Woods & Stinson
Fisherman's Wharf
Maritime National Park
Palace of Fine Arts
Not SF but, Carmel beach - A girl I know invited me to head out there but it's bit of a drive so I'm still thinking about it.
Hit up a dispensary for some edibles

Then I'm driving to Yosemite. Going to stay there for two nights and explore as much as I can. I don't know how challenging the hikes are but I'm going to try to hit Glacier Point, Half Dome, and Vernal Falls. I also want to check out the Mariposa Grove Museum to see Sequoia trees.

Then I'm hitting Route 395 on my way to Death Valley and gonna check out as much as I can. Bodie, Mono Lake, Grant Lake, Devil's Postpile, and Hot Creek are on my list.

At Death Valley, it's apparently free to camp at some of the sites so I'm going to just sleep in my car under the stars. Seeing stars at a desert is something I've really wanted to do. I might explore more of the park or if I'm up for it, I'll try to hit up another park like Mojave or Joshua. Then just go to a nearby town and find the cheapest motel.

Then I'm heading to LA where my friend said I could crash at his place. He's big party guy so he'll take me to a club or some bars and introduce me to chicks. I'm staying there for 4 nights and my plan is LA is up in the air at the moment. But so far on my list:
Venice Beach/Santa Monica
The Hollywood sign
Griffith Park
Runyon Canyon
Smorgasburg
Dana Point
Universal Studios/City Walk
Laugh Factory
Also want to check out Wildcard Boxing and see if I can get a picture with Freddy Roach or catch some other boxers. Also want to check out a legit powerlifting gym and train.
I'm not sure yet but I might sacrifice some of my time LA and do a day trip to San Diego.
On my flight back to Korea I have a pretty long layover in Japan, which I am also stoked about. I'll use that time to check out Narita and eat some Ramen.

What do you guys think about my plan? I would welcome any specific suggestions for restaurants, clubs, bars, museums, powerlifting gyms, etc.

Beware the edibles in San Fran bro. They had me cross faded the last 3 hours of the day so I had to stop taking them.

Please don't think southern California is a representation of America. Sounds fun though, gunna be busy...

I've been in Honolulu for 4 days now and it's been a blast. Oahu is beautiful. My cousin has planned out a bunch of stuff for us and has been showing us around. Since I'm moving with a group of 8 people, including a baby, there has been a lot of driving and waiting. Still pretty stoked to be back in American soil again.

So far been to Hanauma to snorkel which was cool but not what I expected . spent a lot of time in Ala Moana because my family likes shopping just like all the other Asian tourists. Went on a dinner cruise to see the sunset. Saw the night view of the skyline at tantulus lookout. We drove around the the scenic areas east of Honolulu. I went to Waikiki by myself and surfed my heart out.

Ahi poke was good. Teddy's burger was great. Shaved ice was one of the best things I've had. My other cousin says the shaved ice alone made the trip.

Women here are either fat or beautiful. I saw a drop dead gorgeous woman surfing. I said hi and she smiled. Then she went on to the part of the ocean where the advanced surfers go.
Lot of tourists too. A lot, I mean a lot, of Japanese tourists. The women are pretty so I'm not mad about it. They are far more polite than the Korean tourists.

Overall the people here seem nice. People see me being lost while surfing so have helped me out. My cousin lost his phone and some dude found it for him.

Back