My knives

Post a pic, brother. A knife that cost that much deserves to be admired.

Its designed after this Brend knife:

Brend-M2-Tactical-Attack-Knife-Combat-Knife-Fighting-Knives-Survival-Knife-Hunting-Knife-OEM-Top-Quality.jpg

Its getting polished and a different handle on it at Carter Cutlery. The original Buffalo horn wasn't to my liking so its getting replaced with black micarta. Pics as soon as it arrives. For now will pics of my swords do?

Some of the nihonto I own. I am a serious collector and have been training kenjutsu for almost 20 years. Getting detailed sword pics is hard I take mine to a friend who is a pro and has a good technique for seeing the hamon and nie in pictures.

Rei Kunitoshi blade mounted, made in 1315
282720_2183550078285_1532992135_32260082_5086225_n.jpg

Soshu Hiromasa, made in the early 1300's
284219_2183549678275_1532992135_32260079_1505898_n.jpg

Tadatsuna katana, made in 1650's
284032_2183550358292_1532992135_32260085_2860612_n.jpg

Morokage blade, 1556. Named 'Shadow Ender'.
281232_2183546358192_1532992135_32260068_1471764_n.jpg

New sword I picked up made during Bakumatsu (1867)
264841_2183550198288_1532992135_32260083_7366400_n.jpg

User preference. It's just a tradition that came from the formation of th Rangers.
For me it's just an excuse to carry it. Just another toy to put my eye out with.
While in uniform I can carry pretty much anything. I'm pretty sure that in Georgia you can carry a balisong with a CC permit.

I would think the tomahawk would have a more prevelent place in combat. Seems like a useful weapon and tool.

Probably. You'd think a CCW would cover most knives too.

Its designed after this Brend knife:

Its getting polished and a different handle on it at Carter Cutlery. The original Buffalo horn wasn't to my liking so its getting replaced with black micarta. Pics as soon as it arrives. For now will pics of my swords do?

Some of the nihonto I own. I am a serious collector and have been training kenjutsu for almost 20 years. Getting detailed sword pics is hard I take mine to a friend who is a pro and has a good technique for seeing the hamon and nie in pictures.

Rei Kunitoshi blade mounted, made in 1315

Soshu Hiromasa, made in the early 1300's

Tadatsuna katana, made in 1650's

Morokage blade, 1556. Named 'Shadow Ender'.

New sword I picked up made during Bakumatsu (1867)

Nice. I like the Brend knife's style.

How in the world did you get your hands on all of those katanas? They have to be worth a great deal of money, not to mention the rarity.

Nice. I like the Brend knife's style.

How in the world did you get your hands on all of those katanas? They have to be worth a great deal of money, not to mention the rarity.

I started learning kenjutsu from the age of 13 so collecting was a natural offshoot. I'm fortunate to have done well for myself so I can afford to buy blades and get them polished and papers in Japan. My best blade is a Soshu Yukimitsu worth in the area of $700k:

soshuyukimitsu.jpg

This is not my picture of it but one from the previous owners. Made in the early 1300's and ranked one level below Kokuho (National Treasure).

Also any swords you see as my avatar pic are also mine.

I started learning kenjutsu from the age of 13 so collecting was a natural offshoot. I'm fortunate to have done well for myself so I can afford to buy blades and get them polished and papers in Japan. My best blade is a Soshu Yukimitsu worth in the area of $700k:

This is not my picture of it but one from the previous owners. Made in the early 1300's and ranked one level below Kokuho (National Treasure).

Also any swords you see as my avatar pic are also mine.

Impressive. You have my admiration and envy.

Impressive. You have my admiration and envy.

Thanks. I'm impressed with your knife collection. Some very fine blades there and remember more expensive=/=better. Sometimes but not always. Your collection shows your knowledge and that different knife designs are used for different things.

Suggestions?

ESEE is nice and not too much money, but I really love every bark river I've ever handled. Becker is pretty cheap and it's good stuff. ESEE and becker are pretty basic and built like fuckin tanks.

I have a BRKT bravo necker 2 and it's so nice. The sheath is just OK but the knife itself is a dream. The steel isn't incredible but for whatever reason, be it blade geometry or something else, I've found it to outperform higher quality steels by like a lot.

It's awesome.

A bravo 1 or 2 is really awesome though. I'll buy one someday.

I mean I don't really lay out a whole lot on knives. Once you kinda figure out what's important in a working blade, you can see a picture, read a couple reviews, and know if it's for you for the most part. figure out what you want your next knife to do and i can help you identify what might be good features in a knife like that.

Last edited:
ESEE is nice and not too much money, but I really love every bark river I've ever handled. Becker is pretty cheap and it's good stuff. ESEE and becker are pretty basic and built like fuckin tanks.

I have a BRKT bravo necker 2 and it's so nice. The sheath is just OK but the knife itself is a dream. The steel isn't incredible but for whatever reason, be it blade geometry or something else, I've found it to outperform higher quality steels by like a lot.

It's awesome.

A bravo 1 or 2 is really awesome though. I'll buy one someday.

I mean I don't really lay out a whole lot on knives. Once you kinda figure out what's important in a working blade, you can see a picture, read a couple reviews, and know if it's for you for the most part. figure out what you want your next knife to do and i can help you identify what might be good features in a knife like that.

The ESEE 5 or 6 is near the top of the consideration list. The Beckers are impressive but not what I'm looking for, I think. Chris Reeve's Green Beret is intriguing, but perhaps a little flamboyant for my needs. The TOPS Cochise is another that caught my interest. I'm also looking at the Hogue EX-F01.

I had an esee 6, it was great. cochise looks nice, the only thing I would say is that it's thick and with the saber grind, it's just way too much metal for 4 inch blade. That's gonna make the knife heavier and in most cases it won't cut as well on softer materials. That problem is gonna be more extreme with an esee 5.

The hogue looks pretty cool, but it's not something I would buy. It's got some features, namely the wrench, that make sense, and some others like the false edge and the "skullcrusher" that are just silly.

Got an ESEE Junglas that i use as a camping/backpacking knife. Fantastic blade as far as durability and next to my Cold Steel Khukri Machete is my favorite work blade.

Hey check these out, I came across a local Knife maker and saw this. I thought it was pretty neat design as a back up, the blade is 3 1/2 and OAL 7 3/4.

kwaiken01-20-800-600-80.jpg

here is a link to his page

Burnley Design

I had an esee 6, it was great. cochise looks nice, the only thing I would say is that it's thick and with the saber grind, it's just way too much metal for 4 inch blade. That's gonna make the knife heavier and in most cases it won't cut as well on softer materials. That problem is gonna be more extreme with an esee 5.

The hogue looks pretty cool, but it's not something I would buy. It's got some features, namely the wrench, that make sense, and some others like the false edge and the "skullcrusher" that are just silly.

Interesting take. I'll keep it in mind.

I wasn't, particularly, concerned with the skullcrusher. The ESEE 5 has the same feature. I was, more or less, impressed with the overall design of the knife and sheath. I was listening to Allen Elishewitz talk about it on Youtube, and I liked what I heard. So far, what I've read about both the Hogue fixed blade and folder has been nothing short of effusive. I'm keeping my eyes open for more reviews though.

The ESEE 5 or 6 is near the top of the consideration list. The Beckers are impressive but not what I'm looking for, I think. Chris Reeve's Green Beret is intriguing, but perhaps a little flamboyant for my needs. The TOPS Cochise is another that caught my interest. I'm also looking at the Hogue EX-F01.

The ESEE 5 is a beast of a knife, and I love mine, but I suggest to anyone in the market for one, to really make sure they want a stout, but relatively compact chopper before pulling the trigger. I often pair my ESEE 5 with my Izula II or ESEE 3 because the 5 is just a tad too thick for fine work...and, I only really pack my 5 now when I don't have room for my Junglas.

Very nice collection, I like the variety in blade shapes, handle shapes, etc. It never made sense to me when you see someone's knife collection and it consists of knives that are basically mirror images of each other except different colors.

the rev is packing something serious under his cloth!

no homo.

I have 2 Benchmade's

The button open and the spring assist.

Both good knives, but in all honesty, I find myself using my $60 Kershaw most of all

Back