My knives

And I'm showing my brother that Bear Gryll's pic you posted. He might be Bear's biggest fan and knowing him he'll go out and buy one now. Gotta love Gerber.

You should. It's actually a great knife! In fact, it's pretty much the same as Gerber's LMF II. The LMF has the skull crusher at the base of the handle and the Bear Gryll's model has a pommel. The two sheaths are a bit different too. Bear's has a single velcro fastener and the LMF sheath has two snap fasteners, required Milspec for Airborne and Water Ops. The LMF sheath is also MOLLE compatible, has two thigh straps and the sheath, itself, has an integrated V carbide sharpener. Bear's has a firestarter that can be snapped into the sheath, and, also, a diamond flat stone sharpener.

I should have stayed out of this thread today. Ever since i posted about the Randall knives I couldn't stop thinking them, So i gave them call to see about a maybe ordering one and the dude couldnt be nicer. Walk me though everything and gave me the options and price and it was going good But then he told me there a minium 3yr wait. WTF. I was in shock but he was cool about it and said it can take up to 5yrs but if my order was a standard and someone cancel that i could be bumbed up on the list. I been heartbroken ever since, cause I really want one but dont want to wait and really dont what too pay the 200$ mark up I see them selling for other places.

This is the one i want. A model 1 with 7 inch blade, maybe the 6'.
R1_A.jpg

Suggestions?

Since you like Emerson-- have you seen this?

Emerson Kandahar

kandahar.jpg

My buddy has it and its a badass knife. You gotta be a member of the Emerson Collector's Association though to get it.

Dammit Rev. You and I need to kick back with a bottle of scotch and talk knives.

I've been considering getting an HK, but wasn't sure of the quality. I'm taking it you enjoy them.

I'm getting a balisong and karambit trainer with my next paycheck. My next step is to perfect using both.

I'm looking at getting the Benchmade balisong and the Tarani 5.11 tactical karambit. I have a Tarani folding Karambit, but it's a little too big for my little hands.

Not to mention once I finish Ranger school I will carry the traditional tomahawk.

I like the collection I'm kinda starting a collection of my own but I got nowhere near the knowledge you do and collection size. Very nice though

Man, if this was posted in "what knife did you carry today" it could have given that thread some much needed CPR.

I should have stayed out of this thread today. Ever since i posted about the Randall knives I couldn't stop thinking them, So i gave them call to see about a maybe ordering one and the dude couldnt be nicer. Walk me though everything and gave me the options and price and it was going good But then he told me there a minium 3yr wait. WTF. I was in shock but he was cool about it and said it can take up to 5yrs but if my order was a standard and someone cancel that i could be bumbed up on the list. I been heartbroken ever since, cause I really want one but dont want to wait and really dont what too pay the 200$ mark up I see them selling for other places.

This is the one i want. A model 1 with 7 inch blade, maybe the 6'.
R1_A.jpg

That sucks, man. I guess that's what happens when you buy a knife that's 100% hand made. I checked Arizona Custom Knives and some other sites, but I don't see any Model 1s for sale.

Since you like Emerson-- have you seen this?

Emerson Kandahar

kandahar.jpg

My buddy has it and its a badass knife. You gotta be a member of the Emerson Collector's Association though to get it.

No, I haven't seen that. That's pretty slick. I'd have a hard time paying 600 dollars for a knife though. Hard to reconcile when you can buy a gun for that much.

Dammit Rev. You and I need to kick back with a bottle of scotch and talk knives.

I've been considering getting an HK, but wasn't sure of the quality. I'm taking it you enjoy them.

Yeah. I can talk scotch and knives all day and all night. Anytime, buddy.

The Benchmade HK folders are great. I really like the Axis lock on 14255S. Unfortunately, they discontinued that model. It may still be available on some sites though. They're even making some assisted open models for their HK line now. I'm not sure how I feel about that, so I picked up a couple of cheaper knives to check it out. The Meyerco cost me about 26 dollars and the Gerber 06 was around 50. I want to see how well the springs hold up before investing in anything I might regret. Like I said, though, as far as I'm concerned, the Emerson Wave Commander is the perfect tactical folder.

Nice collection Rev, I have a rather extensive one myself.

I have a particular interest in the Hibben line with probably 20 or so of his designs.

I'm getting a balisong and karambit trainer with my next paycheck. My next step is to perfect using both.

I'm looking at getting the Benchmade balisong and the Tarani 5.11 tactical karambit. I have a Tarani folding Karambit, but it's a little too big for my little hands.

Not to mention once I finish Ranger school I will carry the traditional tomahawk.

I don't think I'd do very well with a karambit. I'm okay with the butterfly knives, but they're illegal to carry most places.

I have an ATC Lagana Tactical, myself. What do the Rangers use?

Nice collection Rev, I have a rather extensive one myself.

I have a particular interest in the Hibben line with probably 20 or so of his designs.

Thanks, Nos.

I'm selling my Hibben Highlander Bowie to a friend. I'm trying to downsize to a more practical collection. Beautiful knife though.

I like the collection I'm kinda starting a collection of my own but I got nowhere near the knowledge you do and collection size. Very nice though

Some of my stuff is trial and error. Futz mentioned my mistakes of going with what was tacticool, but that's not entirely true. The Emerson/Neely Specwar purchase was entirely for the collector side of me. A Ka-Bar is just a solid knife, and the Applegate-Fairbairn is as good a fixed blade fighter as I would ever want to have. Where I got sort of suckered was the Strider. Not that it isn't built like a brick outhouse. It just feels off. I think the narrow ricasso that Futz mentioned may have something to do with it. It may also be too long.

Anyway, there are some guys here with some knowledge, so feel free to ask questions.

Thanks, Nos.

I'm selling my Hibben Highlander Bowie to a friend. I'm trying to downsize to a more practical collection. Beautiful knife though.

The Highlander Bowie is one of my favorites. I've been wanting to get ahold of the black handled twisted gold version for a number of years but they are hard to find. If you ever come across one for sale let me know.

The Highlander Bowie is one of my favorites. I've been wanting to get ahold of the black handled twisted gold version for a number of years but they are hard to find. If you ever come across one for sale let me know.

Hmmm...nice looking knife.

BlackHighlander.jpg

Okay, I'll keep my eyes open.

No, I haven't seen that. That's pretty slick. I'd have a hard time paying 600 dollars for a knife though. Hard to reconcile when you can buy a gun for that much.

Very true. My combat knife is a Carter Cutlery custom job and it cost me $2,400. Could buy several guns for that price...

Very true. My combat knife is a Carter Cutlery custom job and it cost me $2,400. Could buy several guns for that price...

Post a pic, brother. A knife that cost that much deserves to be admired.

I don't think I'd do very well with a karambit. I'm okay with the butterfly knives, but they're illegal to carry most places.

I have an ATC Lagana Tactical, myself. What do the Rangers use?
User preference. It's just a tradition that came from the formation of th Rangers.
For me it's just an excuse to carry it. Just another toy to put my eye out with.
While in uniform I can carry pretty much anything. I'm pretty sure that in Georgia you can carry a balisong with a CC permit.

Back