My knives

RevMrBlack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my blades with you. The first folder I ever bought was a Spyderco Delica (I believe). It served me well for a number of years, but as other knife companies began making folders with pocket clips, I became interested in upgrading. I gave the Spyderco to my cousin, and he only recently had to purchase a new folder. I'll describe the folders going top-to-bottom, left-to-right:

DSCN0394.jpg

Top left is the Smith & Wesson SWAT Special Tactical. It was my first attempt at replacing the Spyderco. I found it to be too large and too heavy. The frame is all metal with a frame lock, and although, it has a slim profile, the overall size of the knife was too much for what I needed. I needed something a little smaller and less intimidating for a work environment.

Just underneath the S&W is the Colt Cobra. I really liked this knife. It was quick to open with the protruding stud on the spine. You could simply run your forefinger down the spine and voil

You use these for killing people?

Alright, now for fixed blades:

DSCN0396.jpg

At the very top is the Emerson-Neely Timberline Specwar. It was hot stuff many years ago. The thing is a hunk of metal for sure, but it feels a bit strange in the hand. Still, I'm sure it would come in handy in a SERE type situation.

Below that, is the Strider BT-SS. I hear a lot of people saying that Strider sucks and then I hear others say they're the best. They seem to be quite polarizing. I've not had any problems with the knife, but I've yet to put it to really hard use.

Below that is your standard Ka-Bar 1214 in black. Good all around knife.

Running down the side is a Boker Applegate-Fairbairn Combat I. A fighting knife all the way, it feels really good in the hand. It's a one purpose knife though.

And below that is an impulse purchase I made, the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate FB Survival Knife. Humorously, enough, I really like this knife. It feels great to me. It's a nice size and the handle offers great control from a wide variety of grips.

Still looking for the perfect fixed blade though...

dang these are pretty sweet. i have a kbar knife i love it but i never use! i got an airforce one and a navy one.

Also had an ontario

i have a # of lockblades but none are to nice. i have a nice winchester border guard i like it at least and usually carry that 1 on me, also i have a gerber freeman fixed hunting blade which i dont use ever.

overall nice collection

Nice collection man! I have that same gerber in the first picture I think. Great knife. I used to have a Kbar but I sold it :(

Really like.the little one.middle row,middle one.

I have 3 Kershaws that were giving to me as a gift. love them, two have all steel handle and look this, and the other is a tiny key chain size one.

1620fl_large.png

Excellent collection you have there. The H&K particularly caught my eye. I need to get a GLOCK fixed blade field knife here soon.

And I'm showing my brother that Bear Gryll's pic you posted. He might be Bear's biggest fan and knowing him he'll go out and buy one now. Gotta love Gerber.

I think your trouble with finding your perfect fixed blade is all of those knives have way to much going on.

Pretty much if you find something made with good quality steel, full tang, straight edge, and as little of the tacticool sawbacks and tanto points and ricasso and shit, you'll find a knife that outperforms and out values most if not all that you have pictured.

This is what I've found to be true anyway.

I think your trouble with finding your perfect fixed blade is all of those knives have way to much going on.

Pretty much if you find something made with good quality steel, full tang, straight edge, and as little of the tacticool sawbacks and tanto points and ricasso and shit, you'll find a knife that outperforms and out values most if not all that you have pictured.

This is what I've found to be true anyway.

Suggestions?

You know what you need Rev. is a good Bowie.
Try Randells, they are the best.

I want the big one.
bowie2-big.jpg

here is their link,look around they make some awesome fix blades.

Randall Made Knives

Wow, what kind of pants do you wear?

I could never carry that many knives.

You know what you need Rev. is a good Bowie.
Try Randells, they are the best.

I want the big one.

here is their link,look around they make some awesome fix blades.

Randall Made Knives

How funny! Yesterday, I was just watching an old movie that used to come on HBO all the time called Exposure (aka A Grande Arte). It's sort of a knife fighting movie, although, it's really slow. There's one scene where the mentor is taking the student to pick out a knife, and the dealer shows them an Applegate-Fairbairn like mine, a Joe Kious sub-hilt fighter, a Randall Model 14, a Randall Model 18, and some others that I didn't catch. Anyway, at the end, the hero gets into a fight with the head bad guy, wins, leaves his Model 14 in the bad guy and walks off! I was screaming at him for being an idiot. Lol.

How funny! Yesterday, I was just watching an old movie that used to come on HBO all the time called Exposure (aka A Grande Arte). It's sort of a knife fighting movie, although, it's really slow. There's one scene where the mentor is taking the student to pick out a knife, and the dealer shows them an Applegate-Fairbairn like mine, a Joe Kious sub-hilt fighter, a Randall Model 14, a Randall Model 18, and some others that I didn't catch. Anyway, at the end, the hero gets into a fight with the head bad guy, wins, leaves his Model 14 in the bad guy and walks off! I was screaming at him for being an idiot. Lol.

Screw that blood washes off. No need the leave the knife. Haha.

Back