My guide to buying Ephedrine

LCF

White Belt
Reaction score
Ephedrine, the active ingredient in Ephedra that stimulate weight loss is relatively easy and cheap to aquire. While the FDA outlawed ephedra in fat burning pills, they never did so in other mediums. In fact, anyone who has ever made their own Meth knows just how easy it is to get bulk ephedrine cheaply. Have you ever noticed that you now need an ID to buy certain kinds of Sudafed and Sudafed clones? That's because some Sudafed, basically the original formula, is pure pseudoephedrine. Pseudo-EPHEDRINE. Pseudoephedrine is not like pseudo-science in that it actually works in the same way as normal ephedrine, it is just man made. There are two main class of drugs that use ephedrine, Sudafed and it's clones, and bronchial dialator pills. The dialator pills are formulated to work more closely like the type used in fat burners of old, but are more difficult to find in a pure ephedrine only formula. (Note, I am not advocating using these medicines for anything other than their express purpose that they were approved for, that is illegal, instead I'm merely saying for the sake of knowledge that there are products with high doses of Ephedrine that are legal to buy.) This whole thing is fairly ironic as it isn't difficult to buy pills of pure Ephedrine with as much as 30 mg, but diet pills are restricetd to 10 mg and below! In fact, you probably have lots of over the counter drugs with ephedrine that you didn't even know, like robotussin. From a safety persepctive, never take more than 90 mg of ephedrine in a 24 hour period, and 30 mg should suffice for 24 hours unless you feel like rolling the dice with your life. The ECA stack is easy to replicate at home, a 325 mg pill of aspirin and and a NoDoz will replicate the old diet pills like Stacker, at a tenth of the price.

For those grateful for this saved money, you could always donate the excess to me... ;)

Why do you advocate Aspirin?

And please, no help from the audience

Actually that was a bit irresponsible of me, some people can have bad reactions after prolonged Aspirin use, especially at quanities of 300-600 mg a day. I personally use white willow which is supposed to be a naturally occuring aspirin and don't suffer from as many side effects.

As for WHY you use aspirin, it is highly synergetic with caffiene and Ephedrine. The caffiene enhances the effects of the ephedrine because it is also a thermogenic, and the Aspirin causes the effects of the Caffiene to last longer, I think it also makes Ephedrine last longer as well but I'm not sure. As for HOW that works, I'm not 100% on it, I believe it has something to do with thinning the blood so the body doesn't use get rid of it so quickly, but I could just be talking out of my ass.

So you're saying that NoDoz (as in the caffeine pills at gas stations) and some asprin will replicate ECA? Wouldn't you need some ephedrine in that?

As for the ephedrine pills, what are some names companies? Would they just be called like Ephedrine? Where do you get them? (I haven't seen them at any stores).

The thread starter put in a good post. If any of you are interested, do a search on the "ECA Stack" on Google. This stands for Ephedrine, Caffeine & Aspirin. All 3 taken together are extremely effective for raising your metablism and is used by many people for fat loss. I've been using it for years and not only does it work, but like the first post says it is very cost effective. Some points to remember: Should never stay on the ECA stack for too long. When I do use it, I'll do it for 2 weeks then take 2 weeks off. There are some differing views on the amounts you should take, but a good generalized amount to take 2 or 3 times a day is 25 mg Ephedrine, 200 mg Caffeine and 325 mg Aspirin. The first time you use it you'll likely feel a little jittery and you'll feel your heartbeat rise. It's important to start slow...maybe for the first time only use it once a day until you're used to it. Work up slowly from there and usually 3 times per day is the maximum I'll use it. It's important not to take your last dose too late in the day as you might have a hard time falling to sleep. I take it 30 minutes before meals at 0700, 1100 and 1500 (3 pm).
If you're fortunate enough to live in Canada like I am, you can go to any bodybuilding supplement store and buy Ephedrine right off the shelf. I buy 12 bottles of 50 pills (600 pills) at a time for about $60 Cdn. Caffeine about $7 for a bottle of 100 and Aspirin can be found at any pharmacy.

the ECA stack is Caffiene, Aspirin, and Ephedrine, I was saying you could add those in addition to the ephedrine pills to create your own, cheaper ECA stack. As for the actual Ephedrine, I think you might have missed what I said. Sudafed, and it's clones are over the counter cold and sinus pills. The original forumula is a 30 mg pill of psuedoephedrine, which is just artificially synthesized ephedrine that is practically exactly the same as the kind that comes from Ma Hunag. You can also find Enphedrine itself in some bronchial dialotor pills, which you can check out at your local conviencience store/drug store/wal-mart that's closest to you, or on the internet. There's lots of brands to choos from, and I've seen some GNC stores actually selling pure ephedrine bronchial dialotor pills, right in the diet pill section, which made me chuckle.

Is there any where to order ephendrine pills online? Just straight ephedrine not in the form of sudafed or a bronchial dialator.

Hmm. The first 5 links I clicked there after searching the cyberstore for "ephedrine" said they've all been discontinued...

Any other search terms to try?

The point of the article was that some formulations of both types of products contain pure ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, and nothing else. They're the same thing as buying the dietary kind, you can buy them in larger doses, and they are much cheaper than products geared towards weight loss, even though they are essentially the same.

Ok, I recently looked into this, so here is some info.

Aspirin is important because whatever breaks down caffeine and ephedrine will be forced to first break down the aspirin first and therefore elongate the half life of ephedra and caffeine. This is from Terumo and although I haven't been able to find any info supporting or denying this (I have looked into it) I believe it to be true. If anybody with a good source on this would post it I would really appreciate that.

Second, pseudoephedrine and ephedra are VERY similar in chemical structure but very different in the way it effects the body. Ever notice the little "L" before certian amino acids? Those designate the isomer invoved. For some reason (I am not saying intelligently) we were designed/evolved to only use the L form of almost every chemcial because our enzymes that break them down only accept the L form. Most believe that a good analogy for ane enzyme is a lock and key, so all the locks fit the L form and therefore only the L form keys work.

Lemme backtrack a bit. An isomer is similar to both your hands. They are chemicals that are not perfectly symmetrical and have mirror images. Althought your hands are mirror images and very similar no matter how you orient them they will never be the same.

So, what does all this crap mean? Pseudoephedrine is the stereo-isomer of ephedrine. For some unknown reason the pseudoephedrine has all of the broncial dialating effects and mucus clearing effects of ephedra but none of the CNS stimulation. That is why all night time cold/cough medications contain pseudoephedrine.

Pseudoephedrine, a phenethylamine, is a structural isomer of the popular weightloss/energy supplement and asthma medication, ephedrine. Ephedrine is an alkaloid extracted from the Ephedra plant, which produces it naturally as a racemic mixture. That is, ephedrine molecules occur as two "mirror images," inasmuch as a pair of hands do (See the article on entantiomers). The pharmacologic properties of each "reflection" often share similarities and differences. The (-) or levorotatory isomer is a very potent sympathomimetic amine and anorectic, thus responsible for the amphetamine-like stimulation that is characteristic of Ephedra products. The (+) or dextrorotatoryisomer, aka pseudoephedrine, is far less potent as a stimulant. However, it retains much of ephedrine's ability to open airways and nasal passages.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine

This page has a lot of good info about it. If you are interested go to it for sure.

LCF said:
Actually that was a bit irresponsible of me, some people can have bad reactions after prolonged Aspirin use, especially at quanities of 300-600 mg a day. I personally use white willow which is supposed to be a naturally occuring aspirin and don't suffer from as many side effects.

As for WHY you use aspirin, it is highly synergetic with caffiene and Ephedrine. The caffiene enhances the effects of the ephedrine because it is also a thermogenic, and the Aspirin causes the effects of the Caffiene to last longer, I think it also makes Ephedrine last longer as well but I'm not sure. As for HOW that works, I'm not 100% on it, I believe it has something to do with thinning the blood so the body doesn't use get rid of it so quickly, but I could just be talking out of my ass.

ok, you know

I'm not sure of the specific mechanism, but ephys life time in the body goes from 3 to 5 hours with aspirin and caffine goes from 5 to something like 8 or 9 hours.

Someone ages ago posted a graph showing the exact increase of time.

I personally don't think aspirin is need and the thinning blood is more detrimental in the long term and un needed stress on the body.
But thats just me

Ian Coe said:
ok, you know

I'm not sure of the specific mechanism, but ephys life time in the body goes from 3 to 5 hours with aspirin and caffine goes from 5 to something like 8 or 9 hours.

Someone ages ago posted a graph showing the exact increase of time.

I personally don't think aspirin is need and the thinning blood is more detrimental in the long term and un needed stress on the body.
But thats just me

I think you have it backwards. The half-life of caffeine is much smaller than of ephedra.

Rjkd12 said:

Aspirin is important because whatever breaks down caffeine and ephedrine will be forced to first break down the aspirin first and therefore elongate the half life of ephedra and caffeine. This is from Terumo and although I haven't been able to find any info supporting or denying this (I have looked into it) I believe it to be true. If anybody with a good source on this would post it I would really appreciate that.

Second, pseudoephedrine and ephedra are VERY similar in chemical structure but very different in the way it effects the body. Ever notice the little "L" before certian amino acids? Those designate the isomer invoved. For some reason (I am not saying intelligently) we were designed/evolved to only use the L form of almost every chemcial because our enzymes that break them down only accept the L form. Most believe that a good analogy for ane enzyme is a lock and key, so all the locks fit the L form and therefore only the L form keys work.

Lemme backtrack a bit. An isomer is similar to both your hands. They are chemicals that are not perfectly symmetrical and have mirror images. Althought your hands are mirror images and very similar no matter how you orient them they will never be the same.

So, what does all this crap mean? Pseudoephedrine is the stereo-isomer of ephedrine. For some unknown reason the pseudoephedrine has all of the broncial dialating effects and mucus clearing effects of ephedra but none of the CNS stimulation. That is why all night time cold/cough medications contain pseudoephedrine.

This page has a lot of good info about it. If you are interested go to it for sure.

Excellent post. You couldn't be more correct. Pseudoephedrine and ephedrine are enantiomers and have vastly different effects. Most enantiomers do. I remember in college, my organic chem professor was telling us how in the 60s, pregnant women who had taken thalidomide (a drug used to treat morning sickness) gave birth to deformed babies, but only those who took the R version were effected.
BTW, ephedrine was taken off the banned substance list in the US and can be purchased again in diet pills, although few people carry it. You can also just opt for vasopro.

Rjkd12 said:

Fucking awesome. I've been wondering about this for some time but too lazy to go find out.

BTW, did anyone notice the price of a single bottle of Biotek raise from $5.25 to $9.00? That's purely demand.

Oh, and for anyone not understanding this post, what it means is that if you buy pseudoephedrine, you'll dry your nose out, but you won't lift any more weight or burn any more fat.

Rjkd12 said:
I think you have it backwards. The half-life of caffeine is much smaller than of ephedra.

is it...I thought it was caffine was longer (which is why someone said you couldn't take the ECA stack after like 6 pm because the caffine is in much higher concentractions by bedtime)

I could be wrong, it was a while ago. But proof is needed :icon_conf

I've recently started buying Stacker 2's off the internet again. Just do a search and you'll come up with a couple of companies in the U.S. willing to sell it.

Yes, it is Much cheaper to use Vasopro, and add a baby aspirin and a caffeine pill, but it's just easier for me to get the pre-made stuff.

LCF said:
willow contains salicylic acid, which is chemically similar to acetylsalicylic acid, the active ingredient in aspirin. you are right in that is supposedly safer, but very few clinical studies have been done on it, and it is not nearly as potent in similar dosages. in an ECA stack used in the proper 2 week cycle, I would be more worried about the stimulants, which can be addictive at best(ever get migraines from caffeine withdrawal?).

Back