My first day in a boxing class from AKB/TaeKwonDo

You really shouldn't have only 1 stance, having a few is actually recommended. For me as a MT/KB I tend to stand quite forward heavy, thats my natural stance, but I do know how to fight traditional, so I use it also. Likewise you can do the same.

If anything, you can be more "boxing" once you ring cut them into the corner.

As for why not, well, its alot of material to cover really, and in everything fighting you want to be ingrained with material to the point you auto-pilot on it from muscle memory. If they aren't using stance switching its because it wasn't a priority, and wasn't drilled enough to become second nature. Stuff that are prioritized are what they cover in camp in terms of addressing their opponent's weak points. If their weak point happens to be boxing in the pocket, then it would be the focus. If not, then it won't.

Its Everlast, probably the most garbage brand of gloves in today's age. It was good from 1920-1960, but not so much anymore. Conor lost due to wearing them.

When you hit gloves on the bag, the surface it is, it dents over time. I've had twins, Top Kings, and other assorted brands, they all wear out the same. All the deformation of the gloves ended up with mini cleats type buildup all over the surface.

Why did Mike Tyson wear them for all his 80s fights then? Did he hit bags with a different brand?

Welcome to the big boys club

How do they determine who gets which $1 bill? Do they just pool tips at the end and split it?

giphy.gif

I spoke to a guy who came from my AKB sparring background and now boxes since a few years back and he thinks I will beat guys who sparred 3 months. I have trained for 3 years.

What do you guys think?

I spoke to a guy who came from my AKB sparring background and now boxes since a few years back and he thinks I will beat guys who sparred 3 months. I have trained for 3 years.

What do you guys think?
you won't know til you try.

I've never been to a strip club because I'm not a huge nerd, but it was my understanding you have to use credit cards these days and aren't allowed to use cash so you don't touch the girls.

What do you guys think?

Realistic coach, I wouldn't worry about winning losing and ego at this point your still learning your craft, just go get your experience and you well on your way to being a badass

Realistic coach, I wouldn't worry about winning losing and ego at this point your still learning your craft, just go get your experience and you well on your way to being a badass

Without ego, you shouldn't enter the ring. Fighting, even sparring, is 90% mental.

I think my TKD gloves are 8 or 10 oz, and I went full contact with a kickboxer in them. But there was a two punch boxing combination limit to the face before kicking was required or stop.

Looking forward to 16 oz:)

Not to me. If I don't care my performance drops. I'm a narcissist

Its universal but your narcissism is giving you an advantage others don't have so yea I agree with your idea go with it, you are fueled by others heavily drawing on a stronger supply of emotions desire relentlessness etc your enemy does not have and in extreme circumstances you may get in the zone, thats how it goes for me anyway

Last edited:
Oh dear, now we'll get 100000000 "boxing > Z" threads by spacetime. It's already begun with "boxing > KB, based on my extensive 1 day of boxing"

Oh dear, now we'll get 100000000 "boxing > Z" threads by spacetime. It's already begun with "boxing > KB, based on my extensive 1 day of boxing"

Style vs style interests me. If I talk about it its trolling. If Rogan does it, he gets a podcast

Back