My first day in a boxing class from AKB/TaeKwonDo

Clocked a steoroid head in the face after he taunted me to try and hit him.
I saw a tear in his eye. And that was just a jab.

That might sound great but then the instructor had us punch against the other guy up against the wall, with the defender only allowed to block and evade, and he went bananas on me... And then it was my turn... This would be all great and fun if it was in the boxing gym with big gloves, but this was in the TKD school with tiny 8 Oz gloves.... So pretty moronic exercise against a testosterone freak, but I did get pissed and was able to parry his shots quite well in the end.

The assistent TKD instructor had our class and he drills boxing exercise even though our equippment is wrong... .

End of pussy diary

Clocked a steoroid head in the face after he taunted me to try and hit him.
I saw a tear in his eye. And that was just a jab.

That might sound great but then the instructor had us punch against the other guy up against the wall, with the defender only allowed to block and evade, and he went bananas on me... And then it was my turn... This would be all great and fun if it was in the boxing gym with big gloves, but this was in the TKD school with tiny 8 Oz gloves.... So pretty moronic exercise against a testosterone freak, but I did get pissed and was able to parry his shots quite well in the end.

The assistent TKD instructor had our class and he drills boxing exercise even though our equippment is wrong... .

End of pussy diary
are you still doing boxing?

are you still doing boxing?

Yup. Only had one light sparring in the boxing gym. But even just drilling techniques with 16 Oz pay off when I then do hands only sparring in TKD. I feel there's more pop in my shots because I am so used to heavier gloves. And my arms are slightly bigger now

Guys, which glove size should I buy as a beginner for multipurposes - 6,8 or 10 ounce?
12 or 14.
Not too big, but still oke for medium pace sparring.
Also provides enough cushion to hide behind and protects the guy against you since you can’t measure your strength yet and could end up throwing harder than you should.

Is it a noticeable difference if I go down to 140z in sparring? How would you weigh the benefits of lighter weight vs less padding? Is it worth it?

Extra power in lead hand punches, combined with the fact that you can't have your knee buckled by leg kicks.

Not everyone uses the turned in lead foot - Sinister, who is one of the #1 people I would go to for info regarding anything to do with boxing usually advocates a lead foot forward stance, pointing straight at the centerline of the opponent.

Better chance of taking a shot in the ballsack

I've never been to a strip club because I'm not a huge nerd, but it was my understanding you have to use credit cards these days and aren't allowed to use cash so you don't touch the girls.

What? Not in South Florida

Back