My fighting days are done. Long read.

@Frode Falch

Every season things change.

I had twins and gave up on fighting. It's too intensive to have a quality home life and I've never been the type to step into a ring without months of prep.

It's about the next generation now.

I don't know what level you were fighting on, but isn't there an avenue for lighter (in terms of preparation needed) competition just to scratch your competitive itch once in a while? I see plenty of variety in skill, age, experience in events around my whereabouts.

As for the other stuff i can't relate but i wish you all the best with the family.

as long as youre happy.. end of the day gotta do you!

afraid to even ask this question now.. dont plan on retiring from the sherdog forums now?!

*nervously awaits*

as long as youre happy.. end of the day gotta do you!

afraid to even ask this question now.. dont plan on retiring from the sherdog forums now?!

*nervously awaits*

Haha no plans to quit sherdog. Its the only webside i go to other then youtube and news sites.

Right now i am not happy. I feel like i am kinda empty inside. But that will change with time.

Right now i am not happy. I feel like i am kinda empty inside. But that will change with time.

Martial Arts isn't just about fighting though. You should take this opportunity to try out new things be it new martial arts, new techniques, new types of training all while not having the pressure of preparing for fights.

Personally I've always wanted to do Judo and that's something I'll do when I don't want to be fighting anymore, maybe in my late 30's / early 40's.

Back