My feminist friend thinks MMA should have ringboys

So you're friends with a gay dude?

Homoriffic....... Good for you.

There used to be ringmen, well, more like someone hired by the network--usually a guy in a white shirt and tie with a white cardboard to show the round number for the audience watching at home. It stopped being necessary as the networks developed better on-screen graphics, the history of the ring girls really go back to the Vegas showgirls in the 1970s. As far as your feminist 'friend', just tell her she's an idiot, if you jump off a bridge, you don't make it 'even' by having somebody else jump too.

Not really a friend, more of an acquaintance.

Anyways, she isn't familiar with MMA but shes seen some fights on TV when flicking through channels. She uses ring girls alot as an example of women being seen as sex objects and not as equals.

I told her thats ridiculous because of the crowd demographics who are mostly a-level masculin heterosexual men. Naturally they like girls, and they don't want to see men walking around between rounds posing with a sign.

She says thats the exact problem.. if UFC had ringboys they would be appealing to a bigger crowd (women, sjw, alt left crowd). She says they should do the womens fights atleast.

Her stance is they should drop ring girls or hire ring boys as well to prove that theyre a progressive modern company, and legit sports org.

At first I was against 100% it but she kind of makes a few good points and I just care about the fights. I suppose a ring boy or two wouldnt do much harm. What think you Sherdog?

Why isn't your penis in her mouth preventing her from speaking? Or, is it really YOU who wants the ring boys and you are using her as cover?

I saw Ronda's weiner hanging out of her shorts, does that count?

One friend I have that leans feminist hates MMA because she hates fighting.

Another feminist friend supports it because women are treated more equally to men in MMA than virtually any other sport. Except maybe tennis.

I say let em fight.

Well I assume these ring boys will be walking around the cage topless, so it would only be fair if the girls walk around topless too. Equality and all that.

I wonder how many would be willing to accept such a compromise.....

One friend I have that leans feminist hates MMA because she hates fighting.

Another feminist friend supports it because women are treated more equally to men in MMA than virtually any other sport. Except maybe tennis.

I say let em fight.

EA is totally gonna fuck that up in the video game......

Wastelanded by #65....mods are on point tonight.....

I don't really care tbh. I wouldn't object to it for ideological reasons but why do it? Has market research shown it would je effective or would it just make some people who don't even watch mma feel better about it?
Because then it's just being done for ideological reasons
My thoughts exactly.

If I have a mate who watches it and they say they'd like it if there was ring boys then I'll take it on board as they're part of the audience. If someone (which it usually is) wants the sport to change without being part of the audience themselves then they can go fuck themselves.

Tell your friend they will come to a happy medium with Lady boys. But seriously plenty of women get wet in their panties seeing GSP sweating around in the cage. Ring girls are to help us not feel gay.
So you need to see a ring girl in between rounds to control your gay urges?

I mean, with a name like tasticles, i am not surprised motherfucker.

I think it's stupid and don't give a fuck about ring girls, but OK, it's sexist.

Let's fire the ring girls and your friend can tell them about how much better off they are now that they don't have a job.

This is the problem nowadays, I think being involved in society is important, protests, activism, raising issues, that is all critical to a functioning democracy. But pick a battle that fucking matters.
This is spot on.

There's a market for the girls to get paid/they wanna do it. It wouldn't exactly be liberating for the girls when they don't have a job. There's plenty of similar jobs for men (butler in the buff kind of stuff). I don't think somebody being payed to appear somewhere because they are sexually attractive is sexist at all.

You could say the same for masturbate Tate and Arousey Rouse

WMMA is 15% of the matches. 85% is mostly handsome men. So girls get to watch six pack guys 6x than dudes get to watch hot girls.

I could care a less if there are ring girls myself. It's not like we need them to know which round it is. I have always found this pointless. Tradition perhaps?
Ring girls exist to help us weed out the :eek::eek::eek:ggs, like you just did with your post.

So you need to see a ring girl in between rounds to control your gay urges?

I mean, with a name like tasticles, i am not surprised motherfucker.
I was rationalizing for a feminist and I'm not gay. My name is tasticles as a reference to an old futurama episode on food ideas fry was coming up with. If calling me a :eek::eek::eek: helps you get through the day go ahead.

Not really a friend, more of an acquaintance.

Anyways, she isn't familiar with MMA but shes seen some fights on TV when flicking through channels. She uses ring girls alot as an example of women being seen as sex objects and not as equals.

I told her thats ridiculous because of the crowd demographics who are mostly a-level masculin heterosexual men. Naturally they like girls, and they don't want to see men walking around between rounds posing with a sign.

She says thats the exact problem.. if UFC had ringboys they would be appealing to a bigger crowd (women, sjw, alt left crowd). She says they should do the womens fights atleast.

Her stance is they should drop ring girls or hire ring boys as well to prove that theyre a progressive modern company, and legit sports org.

At first I was against 100% it but she kind of makes a few good points and I just care about the fights. I suppose a ring boy or two wouldnt do much harm. What think you Sherdog?

Back