My feminist friend thinks MMA should have ringboys

I think it's stupid and don't give a fuck about ring girls, but OK, it's sexist.

Let's fire the ring girls and your friend can tell them about how much better off they are now that they don't have a job.

This is the problem nowadays, I think being involved in society is important, protests, activism, raising issues, that is all critical to a functioning democracy. But pick a battle that fucking matters.

Who needs ring boys when you have sweaty alpha c level athletes writhing their hot slabs of man meat all over each other under the guise of sports entertainment?

Your feminist friend wants to put ring girls out of work? Feminist logic lol

Not really a friend, more of an acquaintance.

Anyways, she isn't familiar with MMA but shes seen some fights on TV when flicking through channels. She uses ring girls alot as an example of women being seen as sex objects and not as equals.

I told her thats ridiculous because of the crowd demographics who are mostly a-level masculin heterosexual men. Naturally they like girls, and they don't want to see men walking around between rounds posing with a sign.

She says thats the exact problem.. if UFC had ringboys they would be appealing to a bigger crowd (women, sjw, alt left crowd). She says they should do the womens fights atleast.

Her stance is they should drop ring girls or hire ring boys as well to prove that theyre a progressive modern company, and legit sports org.

At first I was against 100% it but she kind of makes a few good points and I just care about the fights. I suppose a ring boy or two wouldnt do much harm. What think you Sherdog?
4/10

angry-no.gif

Whats the smartest thing to come out a womans mouth?
Einsteins cock.

Thank you.

I don't really care tbh. I wouldn't object to it for ideological reasons but why do it? Has market research shown it would je effective or would it just make some people who don't even watch mma feel better about it?
Because then it's just being done for ideological reasons
On another forum I got into it with a couple of (male) feminists moaning that it was unacceptable that DW wouldn't sign Fallon Fox. Before the Evans-Smith fight ftr.

Maybe they weren't technically feminists as transgenderism and feminism hold 100% conflicting ideals (in spite of both groups leading the leftist charge) but they were certainly extremist progressive liberals that didn't watch MMA.

this thread gets wastelanded by post #150.....

any other guesses?

Tell your friend they will come to a happy medium with Lady boys. But seriously plenty of women get wet in their panties seeing GSP sweating around in the cage. Ring girls are to help us not feel gay.

Are the topless sweaty men fighting not enough?

I can say with 100% certainty, that no one has ever decided to not watch MMA because of ring girls. Oh I love violence so much but it's just so sexist to have those girls walk around looking like objects so I'll just watch something else instead...

Back