My evaluation of Khabib vs. Tony

False narrative? He's got the best submission record at lightweight
He submitted Lee and you use that fight to say he doesn't have BJJ? Clown
He has submitted nonames when it comes to BJJ. Quality of competition > quantity, clown. His best sub is against Barboza while Lee is a wrestler with shitty sub defense.
Khabib is a two times NAGA world champ who outgrappled world level BJJ brown and blackbelts, dominating roided guys one weightclass heavier than him, he will son Tony on the ground even worse than staph Lee did before he gassed.

Tapmachine is apparently a high level expert in medicine as he can tell the exact moment Staph kicked in in the Lee v Ferguson fight, to fit his fiction story <GSPWoah><{cruzshake}><{Joewithit}><24>

fiction story
Lmao, does this look like fiction to you, child?

Screen-Shot-2018-03-07-at-3.51.20-PM.png

Kevin Lee got full mount on Tony and delivered some GnP. Staph infection severely affects the cardio of a fighter and Lee was completely dominating Tony on the ground until he gassed. Khabib is going to dominate Tony on the ground and you will commit e-suicide just like PROlogic did after the fight.
<Oku02>

You won't find a more deluded nuthugger than tapmachine

Apparently he is a high level medicine expert who can tell which exact moment in the Lee v Ferguson fight staph kicks in, which according to him is the only reason Ferguson won.

He said Ferguson has no BJJ as well even though he's a 10th planet black belt and submitted Lee. This fight is where he got his black belt. He also has the best submission record at lightweight.

That deluded nuthugger tapmachine used this fight as the example to say he has no BJJ #troll #facepalm

This. Kevin Lee had full mount on Tony. Where was Tony's "best BJJ in the division" as his fans like to claim? Where was his guard? Until staph infected Lee gassed, Tony had barely anything for him on the ground apart from a few elbows. Khabib will son him on the ground and destroy the false narrative of Tony's BJJ being good.
Tony's BJJ is good, at least submissions wise, and it is unique.
We rarely see someone so creatively focused on scrambling and creating pressure situations from the bottom.
He makes you grapple at a speed you're not comfortable with, and catches you when you make mistakes.
On the ground, he is the anti-thesis of Khabib.
Whereas Khabib creates order by controlling and then breaking people, Tony creates chaos by constantly changing positions and attacking with all his limbs from any angle he can.

That being said, if there's anyone who poses a threat to Tony on the ground, it would be Khabib.
However it goes, really doesn't matter to me.
I just want to see this fight happen.

You won't find a more deluded nuthugger than tapmachine

Apparently he is a high level medicine expert who can tell which exact moment in the Lee v Ferguson fight staph kicks in, which according to him is the only reason Ferguson won.

He said Ferguson has no BJJ as well even though he's a 10th planet black belt and submitted Lee. This fight is where he got his black belt. He also has the best submission record at lightweight.

That deluded nuthugger tapmachine used this fight as the example to say he has no BJJ #troll #facepalm

Training at a certain gym does not make you good at BJJ. Subbing wrestlers with shitty sub defense does not make you good at BJJ. Winning against tough BJJ competition does and Tony has never subbed or outgrappled a legit, competition proven BJJ blackbelt on the ground. He has never won anything in BJJ competitions either. Among all the opponents Tony has submitted, there is not a single world-level BJJ practitioner. None have won any grappling competitions whatsoever and have accomplished nothing in the BJJ world.

Khabib is on an entirely different level than Tony and all of his opponents when it comes to grappling, he was winning world level BJJ championships against brown and blackbelts while Tony was a purple belt in BJJ. His submission defense is on an entirely different level compared to anyone Tony has ever faced, otherwise Khabib would have never been successful in the BJJ world.

You are a delusional child, you have precisely zero knowledge when it comes to BJJ or grappling in general. The fact that you keep downplaying the influence of a staph infection on a fighter's performance shows you know nothing about MMA either.

IMO the way Khabib ties up the opponent legs with his owns and trap arms is going to nullify a lot of his opponent jiu-jitsu. Tony won't be able to use his bottom game to his fullest and there's only so much that elbows from your back can accomplish.

It wasn't a balance only thing, Tony was definitely hurt with that punch. He was moving towards Lee, making the punch more powerful than it would have been otherwise and you can clearly see that he's at least somewhat hurt from the way he tries to back away after he gets up and even touches his face.

Tony fans heavily overrate his chin when, in reality, it's far from being amazing. Tony gets dropped more than anyone in the top 5 at LW, what saves him is his amazing recovery and the ability to think clearly while being hurt. Also, Tony is not getting younger and his chin has been through some wars (Tony took more damage in the first round against RDA than Khabib took throughout the entire fight). Sooner or later that chin is going to get cracked from all the wear and tear and Tony's career will be over, because his striking defense is abhorrent.

The punch didn't feel good I'm sure but that's hardly him being "rocked" or truly hurt. He was throwing a kick obviously so balance was a huge part of why he went down. I'm not pointing out anything earth shattering here. It's pretty obvious.

Lmao, does this look like fiction to you, child?

View attachment 459835

Kevin Lee got full mount on Tony and delivered some GnP. Staph infection severely affects the cardio of a fighter and Lee was completely dominating Tony on the ground until he gassed. Khabib is going to dominate Tony on the ground and you will commit e-suicide just like PROlogic did after the fight.
<Oku02>

You realize Tony got guard back as the round ended and looked absolutely fine as he got up, right? Lee did get mount, that's a credit to him and speaks to Tony's sometimes reckless attitude about position. But Lee didn't do any damage at all.

You realize Tony got guard back as the round ended and looked absolutely fine as he got up, right? Lee did get mount, that's a credit to him and speaks to Tony's sometimes reckless attitude about position. But Lee didn't do any damage at all.
Tony got full mounted and wasn't able to sweep Lee fast enough to prevent the GnP. This is a fact that already makes Tony look very vulnerable. Lee was far from being at 100% in that fight and was not able to capitalize on that situation, but Khabib will and his top control is even better than Lee's. From what I've seen in that Tony-Lee fight and comparing it to the footage of Khabib fighting RDA, I am 100% sure that RDA has a FAR better guard than Tony and even RDA was not able to shut down Khabib's offense completely, he still suffered some damage (though not a lot) while clinging onto Khabib for dear life and doing nothing offensively.

Tony will be more offensive minded off his back, he's not going to go into full defense mode like RDA and his guard is worse, so he will suffer far more damage than RDA did against Khabib. I could easily envision a Barboza-esque mauling if Tony gets pressed against the cage with his legs and hips locked, but we'll just have to wait and see. This fight can't happen soon enough.

"Irish 6 million, Russian 150 million"

Looks like Russains are naturally superior fighters. Artem was gonna get whooped by Zubaira.

Here it was like battle of Thermopoli - 15 Russians against 100 Irish and Irish shit their pants....

Like a bunch of drunk bums singing OLE! OLE! OLE! after their clown got served.

P.S. Don't underestimate The Legend

Tony got full mounted and wasn't able to sweep Lee fast enough to prevent the GnP. This is a fact that already makes Tony look very vulnerable. Lee was far from being at 100% in that fight and was not able to capitalize on that situation, but Khabib will and his top control is even better than Lee's. From what I've seen in that Tony-Lee fight and comparing it to the footage of Khabib fighting RDA, I am 100% sure that RDA has a FAR better guard than Tony and even RDA was not able to shut down Khabib's offense completely, he still suffered some damage (though not a lot) while clinging onto Khabib for dear life and doing nothing offensively.

Tony will be more offensive minded off his back, he's not going to go into full defense mode like RDA and his guard is worse, so he will suffer far more damage than RDA did against Khabib. I could easily envision a Barboza-esque mauling if Tony gets pressed against the cage with his legs and hips locked, but we'll just have to wait and see. This fight can't happen soon enough.
Cast your analysis on this

Woodley is shorter than Khabib
Khabib misses weight and has seizures if he does make it so he's a welterweight

Woodley wouldn't even give Khabib any control at all on the ground it wouldn't even make it there before Khabib is knocked out haha

You conviently forget Ferguson puts people straight into guillotines with their takedown attempts as well #SnapJitsu

Khabib did no damage to RDA. I agree a lot of that is due to how RDA chose to play his guard game. Purely defensive.

We will see what happens. Khabib never really tries to work to full mount. And even from half guard he's susceptible to the short elbows that can open him up (even if they dont really "hurt" him, making him a bloody mess can change the fight on many levels).

But truth is even from full mount Lee landed very little gnp.

Cast your analysis on this

Here it goes: Woodley walks at 205, Khabib walks at 185. Done.

The fact that you're obsessed about Khabib, who is not even the biggest guy at LW (Tony walks at 200), fighting arguably the biggest guy at WW, is proof that you don't believe anyone at LW can compete with Khabib. So much for having faith in your poster boy, lmao. <Lmaoo>

You conviently forget Ferguson puts people with bad submission defense straight into guillotines with their takedown attempts as well #SnapJitsu
You don't say? You seem to forget that Khabib has far better sub defense than anyone Tony has ever faced and has an unrivaled arsenal of takedowns in the division and is a master of singles

giphy.gif

doubles (also while ducking under opponent's punches)

giphy.gif

as well as various sambo trips and throws from the clinch

If subbing Khabib while he goes for a takedown was easy, RDA would have pulled it off.

Here it goes: Woodley walks at 205, Khabib walks at 185. Done.

The fact that you're obsessed about Khabib, who is not even the biggest guy at LW (Tony walks at 200), fighting arguably the biggest guy at WW, is proof that you don't believe anyone at LW can compete with Khabib. So much for having faith in your poster boy, lmao. <Lmaoo>

You don't say? You seem to forget that Khabib has far better sub defense than anyone Tony has ever faced and has an unrivaled arsenal of takedowns in the division and is a master of singles

giphy.gif

doubles (also while ducking under opponent's punches)

giphy.gif

as well as various sambo trips and throws from the clinch

If subbing Khabib while he goes for a takedown was easy, RDA would have pulled it off.

The front headlock snapdown isn't something RDA even tries. He didn't vs Khabib or in his last fight vs another relentless wrestler in Covington. Tony loves the technique and goes for it somewhat often.

I'm not saying Tony is gonna lock up a d'arce off a shot from Khabib, but saying "Well RDA didn't so Tony won't" makes no sense.

The front headlock snapdown isn't something RDA even tries. He didn't vs Khabib or in his last fight vs another relentless wrestler in Covington. Tony loves the technique and goes for it somewhat often.

I'm not saying Tony is gonna lock up a d'arce off a shot from Khabib, but saying "Well RDA didn't so Tony won't" makes no sense.
Yeah, I'm sure a European BJJ blackbelt bronze medalist doesn't know how to do a front headlock and has never thought about countering Khabib with one while gameplanning to fight him.

Yeah, I'm sure a European BJJ blackbelt bronze medalist doesn't know how to do a front headlock and has never thought about countering Khabib with one while gameplanning to fight him.

So...do you always counter with mostly irrelevant stuff like this? We are talking MMA fights right? RDA has shown zero propensity to use this technique in MMA. Tony has shown it to be a technique he is very comfortable with in MMA and has had a bunch of success with it.

Incessantly reciting someone's grappling creds outside MMA...why? How do RDA or Khabib's grappling creds stack up vs Roger Gracie's? Yet I saw Roger thoroughly dominated on the mat vs Tim Kennedy in an MMA fight. What were Tim's creds?

Just try to not float so much with your rebuttals. They veer so far from the actual topic when you try to go on these rants about guys accomplishments on the grappling circuit.

RDA has shown zero propensity to use this technique in MMA.
And Khabib has shown "zero propensity" putting fools on their ass with a right hook, yet here we are. It's called gameplanning for a specific opponent. You're acting like RDA doesn't know what a front headlock is when he's many times the BJJ adept Tony is. You're acting like he's too stupid to realize its usefulness in a fight against Khabib. You're dissing fighter credentials and achievements because it fits your retarded nuthugger agenda. You're implying that a fighter who has faced a higher level of competition in his background martial art should not be considered as having mastered the said art to a greater degree. Honestly, your behavior is absolutely disgusting. People like you and your butt-buddy 5 posts above are the reason why I can't stand Tony fans anymore.

Tony is a wild scrambler, it has been very effective too. Khabib is a true position before submission(or gnp) guy. I think tony exposes himself in too many as positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back