My dog almost died today :(

Sorry I hope she recovers.

Can you get her some pain meds.

One of my babies had her whole back cut open for a tumor removed.

They gave her pain meds for many days.

Yes she has 2 weeks (14 pills) of pain meds but she cant take them until tomorrow morning with her food. Tomorrow morning will be a big moment if she eats or not. If she doesnt then I have to take her back to the vet immediately. I'll probably wait until around 11 just to be sure shes hungry. I'm very nervous about it and pray to God that she will eat.

He has 2 mastiffs? Good God lol I've neve met 1 in person but by the pics I've seen they're freaking huge! The fact he swallowed a sock like that and lived is a miracle.
At the time they had 2. Now...they have 3 lol.

Yes she has 2 weeks (14 pills) of pain meds but she cant take them until tomorrow morning with her food. Tomorrow morning will be a big moment if she eats or not. If she doesnt then I have to take her back to the vet immediately. I'll probably wait until around 11 just to be sure shes hungry. I'm very nervous about it and pray to God that she will eat.

Man that's hard.

Have the pain meds they gave her worn off?

There has got to be something they can do for the pain.

I hope she is ok and eats.

I know how it is when my girl was recovering we didn't know if she was going to make it for a while because they were having to go back in a remote more and keeping infections out.

All the best and keep updates or just come to vent.

Man that's hard.

Have the pain meds they gave her worn off?

There has got to be something they can do for the pain.

I hope she is ok and eats.

I know how it is when my girl was recovering we didn't know if she was going to make it for a while because they were having to go back in a remote more and keeping infections out.

All the best and keep updates or just come to vent.

Yea I'm thinking they wore off. Shes sound asleep snoring right now so I'm hoping she can remain asleep throughout the night. She went through a serious surgery so sleep and rest are the 2 best things she needs. I'm hoping she eats too. The last 2 days she hasnt so it definitely puts doubt in my mind but I'm hoping to God she does. And yes ill definitely continue to update this thread daily to share her progress.

Glad she's OK

This is why pet insurance or a dedicated pet emergence savings account is a good idea

Glad she's OK

This is why pet insurance or a dedicated pet emergence savings account is a good idea

Yea I applied for pet insurance while I was there. 10% of my weekly checks go to emergency funds so I had the money for it but the insurance would help out alot. Do you have it?

Yea I applied for pet insurance while I was there. 10% of my weekly checks go to emergency funds so I had the money for it but the insurance would help out alot. Do you have it?

We do both due to insurance coverage not being complete regardless of quality and cost. All four of my guys are rescues and the organization we use gives a free six month trial and a discount there after for each dog you adopt.

Few years ago my oldest got bloat (stomach twists and flips when they eat or drink too fast) and the surgery and meds were going to cost 11k, insurance covered 80% which was good. Although, I've done the math and on average you're probably better off just creating the dedicated savings account as most dogs won't go through such events - so it works out to be cheaper.

We do both due to insurance coverage not being complete regardless of quality and cost. All four of my guys are rescues and the organization we use gives a free six month trial and a discount there after for each dog you adopt.

Few years ago my oldest got bloat (stomach twists and flips when they eat or drink too fast) and the surgery and meds were going to cost 11k, insurance covered 80% which was good. Although, I've done the math and on average you're probably better off just creating the dedicated savings account as most dogs won't go through such events - so it works out to be cheaper.

So you reccomend I should continue to put aside money just incase? How much do you pay a month if you dont mind me asking?

So you reccomend I should continue to put aside money just incase? How much do you pay a month if you dont mind me asking?

Insurance is 100 per month per dog (I'm Canada, may be cheaper in the US) and we do 500 a month into a dedicated savings account for anything that is extra.

Insurance is 100 per month per dog (I'm Canada, may be cheaper in the US) and we do 500 a month into a dedicated savings account for anything that is extra.

Yea thats way cheaper then the prices they showed me. I'll stick to saving the 10%. Thanks for the input.

fuck........this is the last thread I wanted to see today.

My cat ate a god damn rubber band this morning. I have no idea why. Hes never done anything like that before. I saw him chewing it and rushed over and tried to pry his mouth open but he swallowed it before I could stop him.

I called the vet and they said to just watch him closely and check if it passes. I'm nervous as fuck dude.

Yea thats way cheaper then the prices they showed me. I'll stick to saving the 10%. Thanks for the input.

Well look into the coverage, where I am no one offers full. But yeah, self saving is usually the cheaper and better option

Hope your pup feels better. If she's not eating try offering up some pumpkin puree ( not pie filling) its super easy on their digestive system / stomach

fuck........this is the last thread I wanted to see today.

My cat ate a god damn rubber band this morning. I have no idea why. Hes never done anything like that before. I saw him chewing it and rushed over and tried to pry his mouth open but he swallowed it before I could stop him.

I called the vet and they said to just watch him closely and check if it passes. I'm nervous as fuck dude.

Best thing to do is wait and see how your cat reacts tomorrow and on. If he shows any signs that are not normal I would take him in to be on the safe side. I want to say most likely your cat should be ok. Good luck.

Best thing to do is wait and see how your cat reacts tomorrow and on. If he shows any signs that are not normal I would take him in to be on the safe side. I want to say most likely your cat should be ok. Good luck.
Yea I'm sure he will be ok but I'm insanely scared. I'll be devestated if anything happens to him. if he gets sick and I need to miss work to take him to the vet I might lose my job. I mean I'm choosing him over any job 100% of the time but its just an extra thing to be fuckin stressed about

I'm glad your girl is going to be ok

Yea I'm sure he will be ok but I'm insanely scared. I'll be devestated if anything happens to him. if he gets sick and I need to miss work to take him to the vet I might lose my job. I mean I'm choosing him over any job 100% of the time but its just an extra thing to be fuckin stressed about

I'm glad your girl is going to be ok

Thanks man. I cant afford it but I took the next 2 weeks off of work to make sure she recovers. This is the first major surgery I've gone through with my dogs so I wanna be sure I give her my best effort.

I remember a few years ago my parents' dog somehow got into a bathroom trashcan and ate a disposable razor blade.

It was a similar experience where they had to cut her open to get the crap out of her stomach. She was pretty much out of commission for a good week and took maybe a couple weeks after to really be back to normal.

Hope your dog recovers well; it sucks seeing a dog just laying around miserable in pain :(

Shes peed 3 times in the last 3-4 hours, on me and on the rug. I'm assuming this is from all the fluids they gave her to rehydrate her, she was severely dehydrated. I have a water bowl near by in case she gets thirsty. I'm off for the next 2 weeks so I'll sleep when I can but for the most part I plan on staying up and watching her. I took her cone off so she can sleep easier.

Glad your little buddy is on the mend, homes.

She took 2 pills today, had to stick it down her throat just to be sure she took them.

She ate a chicken thigh and 1/4 stick of cheese. Very very great news. I'm waiting 3 hours to give her a little more. This is the best possible scenario so alot of stress is removed from my chest. She is walking slowly but progress is definitely being made! I'm extremely happy and relieved.

Back