My dog almost died today :(

Woah! Glad you got her in just in time. That was a close one.

I hope she mends well, & gets back to normal, feeling healthy & strong. Dat Machinist to Batman transformation.

My dog (Sadie) turned 1 this month and she celebrated by going to the ER in which they removed 2 sandwich bags full of rope/string from her stomach and colon.

Your dog will be fine. They are like children, you have to keep an eye out on them us much as possible to make sure they are not eating anything that will hurt them.

I have donkeys. One ate a plastic bag once before I could get it out of its mouth, but luckily it came out the other end after a month, on its poop. Plastic bags and the webbing that holds the bail of hay together can kill horses and donkeys if digested. It gets tangled up in the digestive system and it doesn't 'break down'.

Maybe you can sue the makers of the rope.

Last edited:
Would have done the same...glad she's ok.

What was the damages?

Update OP with her current pic

Shes moaning and whining and screaming in pain I can't stop crying

<DCrying>

Scary stuff.

Whining seems expected to me, with a cone and some discomfort.
"Moaning and screaming" sounds more concerning.
Did the vet say that might happen? Did she get pain pills?

Good luck to you guys.

Dude I called that vet at 8am this morning because I was up all night with her because she kept throwing up still. I was on the phone with them for 25 mins, 15 of it being on hold. They told me they would call me back and they never did. I wanted to fill that vet clinic with uppercuts, hay makers stomps and soccer kicks.

Yeah, you would think they would have some amount of empathy for the animals given they are fucking veterinarians. But the majority of vets I have dealt with have almost none. They’re like computers that they have to fix to them.

She has a rope she plays tug of war with me and my other dog. She chewed and pulled a ton of strings off the rope and ate it. As soon as I found out all of the ropes went into the trash.
I’ve never considered the possibility that that could happen. Fuck that. I don’t currently have any rope toys at the moment, and I won’t be getting any in the future either.

Sorry about your pup bruh. She’ll make it through. Just gonna be a rough time the next couple of weeks. Give her lotsa love xx

Yeah, you would think they would have some amount of empathy for the animals given they are fucking veterinarians. But the majority of vets I have dealt with have almost none. They’re like computers that they have to fix to them.
Finding a caring knowledgeable and good vet is harder than it should be. I’ve been lucky finally finding one in my current town. If I move I’m gonna have to kidnap her n bring her with me lol.

Scary stuff.

Whining seems expected to me, with a cone and some discomfort.
"Moaning and screaming" sounds more concerning.
Did the vet say that might happen? Did she get pain pills?

Good luck to you guys.

She has pain pills but cant take them until the morning. She was crying because she had to pee and she cant stand up yet. She peed all over me and her comforter. Shes not crying anymore and is sound to sleep.

I feel ya dude. I like animals more than peoples most the time. Hopefully recovery is all good especially being young.

My adopted son Larry the cat had to be put down recently. Poor bastard had an illness that could only be treated by making him sick with something different.

My vet I usually go to was booked up and couldnt take a walk in so they referred me to a clinic they're affiliated with. HUGE mistake and I made sure the vet I saw today knew about it. The vet I've taken her to since I got her are mostly women and they're all very sweet and kind to my dogs. I could always tell they cared.

She has a rope she plays tug of war with me and my other dog. She chewed and pulled a ton of strings off the rope and ate it. As soon as I found out all of the ropes went into the trash.
And thanks so much for this info.

I keep telling my wife to stop buying those type of toys for the pups, along with the stuffed ones. Because they're way too easy to rip. Dog toy companies don't give a fuck about their quality. I think it's better to buy those rubber toys for them.

And thanks so much for this info.

I keep telling my wife to stop buying those type of toys for the pups, along with the stuffed ones. Because they're way too easy to rip. Dog toy companies don't give a fuck about their quality. I think it's better to buy those rubber toys for them.

Yea the Kong rubber toys are probably the best choice. I updated the OP with how much string was pulled out of her. If I were you I would throw them away to be on the safe side. It's not worth risking your dogs life or costing you $1500.

Holy shit man that's brutal, very glad she made it.

A few years ago my buddy noticed his 180lb Mastiff was taking very small dumps so they took him to the vet and found he had swallowed a big sock. Luckily they were able to remove it without surgery as that would have cost approx $8000, also had they not taken him in when they did he would have died within a few days.

Hope Sadie recovers fully bro.

Holy shit man that's brutal, very glad she made it.

A few years ago my buddy noticed his 180lb Mastiff was taking very small dumps so they took him to the vet and found he had swallowed a big sock. Luckily they were able to remove it without surgery as that would have cost approx $8000, also had they not taken him n when they did he would have died within a few days.

Hope Sadie recovers fully bro.

Aw man that's terrible. When I got home from the vet while she was in surgery I cleaned my house from top to bottom and I threw away anything metal or small enough for her to swallow. Dogs dont know any better and will eat anything on the floor or wherever they can find something.

What freaked me out the most today was after her surgery I saw her and she was drugged up sleeping but her eyes were open and her tongue was hanging out of her mouth. It was like she was in a coma but was still conscious of what was going on.

Aw man that's terrible. When I got home from the vet while she was in surgery I cleaned my house from top to bottom and I threw away anything metal or small enough for her to swallow. Dogs dont know any better and will eat anything on the floor or wherever they can find something.

What freaked me out the most today was after her surgery I saw her and she was drugged up sleeping but her eyes were open and her tongue was hanging out of her mouth. It was like she was in a coma but was still conscious of what was going on.
Yeah they definitely will.

The ironic part in the case of my friend was the sock his dog swallowed was one his other Mastiff was wearing after having surgery on it's foot. It was a huge sock, they just thought it was hidden somewhere in the house but nope, in his dog's tummy lol.

Yeah they definitely will.

The ironic part in the case of my friend was the sock his dog swallowed was one his other Mastiff was wearing after having surgery on it's foot. It was a huge sock, they just thought it was hidden somewhere in the house but nope, in his dog's tummy lol.

He has 2 mastiffs? Good God lol I've neve met 1 in person but by the pics I've seen they're freaking huge! The fact he swallowed a sock like that and lived is a miracle.

Update OP with her current pic

Shes moaning and whining and screaming in pain I can't stop crying

<DCrying>

Sorry I hope she recovers.

Can you get her some pain meds.

One of my babies had her whole back cut open for a tumor removed.

They gave her pain meds for many days.

Back