My dog almost died today :(

Medical Marijuana Man

Buddah Buddah Buddah
Banned
Reaction score
IMG-4175.jpg

20180613-211516.jpg

20181006-201918.jpg

My dog (Sadie) turned 1 this month and she celebrated by going to the ER in which they removed 2 sandwich bags full of rope/string from her stomach and colon. I was told by the dr if I would have waited a day longer it would have bursted her organs killing her. Today was the first time in years where I wept and bawled like a baby. Over 24 hours she was sick throwing up every few hours. I took her to the vet and spent $220 just for them to give her a shot so she wouldn't throw up anymore. The very next day (today) she was 20x worse. I immediately took her to a different vet and they did x Ray's and saw something inside her. They gave her fluids to get her stomach working and an enema to poop whatever it was out. It didnt work. They cut her open in 3 different places to remove the ropes/string.

She was staples from her neck to her private. She has to wear a cone for 2 weeks and I have to take off work to make sure shes taken care of. For the next 2 weeks she will be on meds and pain pills. Please pray or keep your fingers crossed for me that she fully recovers. I cant take a pic of her right now because shes sleeping but I'll update the OP with pics as she recovers.

Thank you for reading for those who did.

(Please no disrespectful or negative comments, have a heart and say nothing if it's not positive)

My poor baby

20181213-203041.jpg

All the strings from the rope they pulled from her stomach and colon

20181213-211805.jpg

Update: surgery was on the 13th, it's now the 18th and she finally pooped! I've never been so happy to see poop lol she should make a full recovery by the end of the month. Thank you all for caring and hoping for the best for me. It means alot.

Last edited:
Glad Sadie is alright bro.

Any idea how she got those in her? Just ate them somewhere around the house?

Jeez. Where’d the rope come from? Hope she gets well soon.

From the sounds of it, I can't see why she won't make a full recovery.

I can understand how scary this surprise would of been though. Made the odd emergency vet visit with mine a few times.

Do keep us posted though. Looks to be a healthy dog in your pics.

Glad Sadie is alright bro.

Any idea how she got those in her? Just ate them somewhere around the house?

She has a rope she plays tug of war with me and my other dog. She chewed and pulled a ton of strings off the rope and ate it. As soon as I found out all of the ropes went into the trash.

Where did she get the rope from?

Better figure that out or you might be paying for another surgery.

From the sounds of it, I can't see why she won't make a full recovery.

I can understand how scary this surprise would of been though. Made the odd emergency vet visit with mine a few times.

Do keep us posted though. Looks to be a healthy dog in your pics.

The dr said her levels are above normal for recovery and she should be fully recovered in 2 weeks but she has to take a easy. As long as she eats tomorrow (very light food, rice and chicken) and her staples dont open, she should be fine. Today was one of the scariest days I've had in years. My heart cant take anymore if it gets worse.

<Ned01>

Sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better quick. she be back to her old self soon.

The dr said her levels are above normal for recovery and she should be fully recovered in 2 weeks but she has to take a easy. As long as she eats tomorrow (very light food, rice and chicken) and her staples dont open, she should be fine. Today was one of the scariest days I've had in years. My heart cant take anymore if it gets worse.
If she isn't particularly exerting herself since coming home, why not skip a meal here and there? Less stress on the digestive tract. I'm not a vet obviously, just thinking it might help.

1. You already got rid of any ropes she may chew and swallow. Good. You have to watch out for other things that she may chew and swallow in the future to make sure she doesn’t do that again.

2. The first vet who just gave her a shot to stop throwing up? Don’t go there again. They’re only interested in taking money from people and treating the symptoms.

3. Glad she’s ok.

If she isn't particularly exerting herself since coming home, why not skip a meal here and there? Less stress on the digestive tract. I'm not a vet obviously, just thinking it might help.

The dr told me she cant eat until tomorrow morning. But she has to eat to keep her protein levels up because it will help her recover. She also has to take 3 different pills every day for the next 2 weeks and that can only be taken with food. Shes use to eating 2 scoops of dry food and half breast of chicken a day so she will have to eat alot less than. Mainly rice and chicken for protein and carbs. No dry food.

She has a rope she plays tug of war with me and my other dog. She chewed and pulled a ton of strings off the rope and ate it. As soon as I found out all of the ropes went into the trash.
i see, just got to be aware in that case which you were. probs just look to change toys/things she plays with to be safe, incase it happens again.

i hope she gets well and has many a zoomie soon!

1. You already got rid of any ropes she may chew and swallow. Good. You have to watch out for other things that she may chew and swallow in the future to make sure she doesn’t do that again.

2. The first vet who just gave her a shot to stop throwing up? Don’t go there again. They’re only interested in taking money from people and treating the symptoms.

3. Glad she’s ok.

Dude I called that vet at 8am this morning because I was up all night with her because she kept throwing up still. I was on the phone with them for 25 mins, 15 of it being on hold. They told me they would call me back and they never did. I wanted to fill that vet clinic with uppercuts, hay makers stomps and soccer kicks.

Update OP with her current pic

Shes moaning and whining and screaming in pain I can't stop crying

<DCrying>

Oh man. Praying for your pup, situations like this are so scary.

Our little guy is just recovering from a perennial hernia surgery, meds twice a day for just over 2 weeks. Cone for 3 weeks. He's finally returning to his normal self.

Yours will as well, just be patient with her.

Sorry, bro. Glad you got her there in time so she can get a full recovery. She'll be OK. They're tough little buggers.

Back