My Dental office Receptionist hates me.

Krixes

The Undefeated Gaul
@Steel
Reaction score
So I have a really good Dentist that is very ethical and doesn't make up BS and lies about work needed. It took along time to find an honest dentist as most are crooks and charge for BS that you don't need. The problem I'm having is with the Receptionist that hates me. About 2 years she messed up a 2 hour block appointment I had made and claimed I only asked for one hour. Ever since this incident she has been trying to screw me over. She told me I had to wait wait 18 months for any services (cavities, crowns, oral surgery etc..) when I contacted my insurance company they told me this was incorrect and I only needed to wait 6 months. She lies to the dentist about imaginary appointments I missed and more. What should I do? I love the dentist but this old fat lady has it out for me I feel.

Better find a new one. An office is only as good as its staff. You don't want to deal with that. Ask around among friends to find a referral to a new dentist.

I used to go to a dentist with a psycho receptionist as well. Ended up having an incident with her and then the next time I went I noticed the dentist was a bit changed in his demeanour - not sure what she told him (I'm assuming it was to do with my issues with her).

Ended up finding another dentist with great staff all round.

I thought about that but I don't want her to think I'm making fun of her being fat.
Ok...then come into the office a tiny bit frantic with a story about your ride over...."they are crazy out there" and bond a little with chit chat...

edit: forget all previous interactions...she likely wants the same

I made this thread because I'm going to the dentist this morning and I literally get ainexty thinking about her (not the dentist). I had aetna send me proof of what's covered in my PPO so I can counter her BS lies she's going to feed him. She told him him last time I'm only eligible for metal fillings???WTF??? When I'm really covered for porcelain or composite.

Sounds like a job for the ol' uppercut
I wish we live in a world where we were allowed to drop someone - regardless of situation, age, gender, etc - just once a year.

Ok, maybe not but it certain situations it would be nice to mop the floor with assholes.

Why would you be the one setting how long of an appointment is necessary? Lol that's ridiculous.

I wish we live in a world where we were allowed to drop someone - regardless of situation, age, gender, etc - just once a year.

Ok, maybe not but it certain situations it would be nice to mop the floor with assholes.

Exactly! I think lack of any physical deterrents is a huge reason why the stupid and the entitled douches get away with so much.

Hey puss, sack up and deal with it. What the hell does posting on here accomplish?

gather concrete evidence and tell your actual dentist.

Exactly! I think lack of any physical deterrents is a huge reason why the stupid and the entitled douches get away with so much.
It's become worse with social media - people think they can just say whatever and no consequences will fall on them.

I'm not a violent person by any and avoid confrontation as much as possible. However, sometimes you have to pay the piper for you words, actions and overall behaviours.

I find a lot of front end medical staff are real assholes. Not sure why that is.

I used to work in one of those places for almost a decade. Guess why I decided to leave? Same reason. Ruining other people makes them feel important (because they aren't)

Only good looking women in dental offices do their jobs correctly, they should only hire ones who take care of themselves so they don't have to hoist their enormous self-loathing on everyone else they deal with in the form of whatever heinous sabotage they think they can get away with.

Best thing to do is to write down what she says and then repeat it to her before you leave. Then show the evidence later (that you wrote it down and she changed it) and explain to someone above her why you can't trust her. She'll either straighten out (as you've taken away her leeway/plausible deniability) or you'll be allowed some other way to schedule (around her), such as making the appointment with the dentist himself or another front end worker.

Also, when she answers the phone ask for someone else (other than her) to conduct your business with, if that's possible. From now on, document appointment details when they are made, then later verify appointment times, etc. after they are made in the same book. This is evidence.

Talk to the dentist himself if necessary (not angrily, as calmly and professionally as possible so he can believe you). He needs to know. You don't need to gather evidence to do this, he'll believe you as long as you act friendly and sane.

Last edited:
The three ladies that sit up front at my dentist are nice as can be lol.

Does she call you back by announcing your name as "Bref? Bref Stank? Anyone here Bref Stank?"

Back