my debut is on 10 days Notice

Kareem Mousa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
hey people I've taken my first mma fight on 10 days notice does anyone have an advice for me that will help me with the fight
this the my first competition also i've never done any competitions before.

I had my muay thai debut in 2002 on 40 min notice.

Good luck Give him hell

Sorry I posted then read the last sentence. I think the best thing to do is realise that your adrenaline will be sky high. You may feel shaky or ill, your stomach is gonna feel like crap. Understanding that its just your adrenaline and staying calm in your mind will do you wonders.

Get your cardio up and stick to what you're good at, and remember it's your first fight, win, lose or draw, nobody was a UFC caliber fighter in their debut, this will make you a better fighter no matter what the result might be.

hey people I've taken my first mma fight on 10 days notice does anyone have an advice for me that will help me with the fight
this is my first competition also i've never done any competitions before.

Just bang
-Silver Tongue Samurai

Sorry I posted then read the last sentence. I think the best thing to do is realise that your adrenaline will be sky high. You may feel shaky or ill, your stomach is gonna feel like crap. Understanding that its just your adrenaline and staying calm in your mind will do you wonders.
do you have any idea how should i deal with my adrenaline that day the right way ?

Get your cardio up and stick to what you're good at, and remember it's your first fight, win, lose or draw, nobody was a UFC caliber fighter in their debut, this will make you a better fighter no matter what the result might be.
i will do my best to win i'm not afraid to lose but hopefully i will get the W that day
thank you very much .

do you have any idea how should i deal with my adrenaline that day the right way ?
Nope, I've competed a few times (MT), and even at this point, I still feel the rollercoaster and nerves, I just deal with it better slightly.

How long have you been training for? And did you prep in anyway prior to this that resembles a "camp"?

Nope, I've competed a few times (MT), and even at this point, I still feel the rollercoaster and nerves, I just deal with it better slightly.

How long have you been training for? And did you prep in anyway prior to this that resembles a "camp"?
I've been training around 1 year less or more but my coach just told me that i'm better than what i think i lack a little bit of confidence but i'm fine with it
about the camp i was training twice aday for around 24 days and i just took the fight yesterday

I've been training around 1 year less or more but my coach just told me that i'm better than what i think i lack a little bit of confidence but i'm fine with it
about the camp i was training twice aday for around 24 days and i just took the fight yesterday
The thing is, when in a fight we turn to muscle memory for gameplans, techniques, etc. What I'm saying is, MMA is a deep pool of techniques so most thinking is going to fly out the window esp. If there wasn't much prep.

It'll be a good exp for you, and hopefully they'll match you with a proper opponent exp-wise

I know I sound a but like a party pooper right now, but I've seen numerous times people not drilled enough (time wise) and it ends up not working too great. Myself included early on

Just keep in mind the physical affects of adrenaline (shaking, numbness, nausea etc) are just adrenaline dump. You may feel weak but dont worry once you get into it it'll disappear.

Your coaches should handle strategy and combo's etc. If not just keep one or two good combo's in mind that you've mastered and stick with them. As others have said do what your best at. Be patient.

Most importantly have fun.

this the my first competition also i've never done any competitions before.
Record it and post it here!

Like others said, your gonna be chock full of adrenaline when the moment comes and that'll severely affect your cardio. The good thing about that is that you don't really have to worry about being in pain, unless it's some really nasty shit, because you won't feel much.

What I would recommend is to keep stuff simple. Don't go throwing spin kicks and other flashy stuff, because it'll drain you. Also, don't think KOs come easy and get discouraged when you hit the guy and he doesn't go down. This is not a movie.

And last but not least, and a thing that can be either a huge aid or a massive frustration to your coaches: LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN CORNER!!! You have no idea how frustrating it is to see a fighter lose because he/she started to do whatever, while we in the corner have a much clearer overview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back