My body composition. What to think?

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I did this exam to verify my body composition. My endocrinologist asked for it so she could know me a little better. I want to know from you what do you think about these numbers. From what i know it says that basically i am overweight. But not obese. I am comfortable with the way i look. My doctor will obviously ask for blood tests aswell so this is just BODY COMPOSTION. I just want opinions.

I am currently a noob BJJ white belt. Would you consider me fat? Would you say i have a decent amount of muscle? Would try to work harder to gain muscle, lose fat? Would you pick up a fight with a guy based on this numbers? Im just curious...

Ive been lifting weights and exercising for a few years and i can see the diference between me and my friends who just drink or smoke pot or party. But yeah, they were never concerned abou their body composition and probably are not even familiar with the concept.

Here are the results:

AGE = 31 yo; Height = 175,5 cm; Weight = 90 kg; IMC = 29,2 kg/m²
TOTAL MASS: (fat +lean muscle mass+ bone mass) = 90,2kg
TOTAL BODY FAT: 23,5 kg ( 26 %)
TOTAL LEAN MASS : 63,4 kg

i dont know how accurate this kind of exam can be either.

I did this exam to verify my body composition. My endocrinologist asked for it so she could know me a little better. I want to know from you what do you think about these numbers. From what i know it says that basically i am overweight. But not obese. I am comfortable with the way i look. My doctor will obviously ask for blood tests aswell so this is just BODY COMPOSTION. I just want opinions.

I am currently a noob BJJ white belt. Would you consider me fat? Would you say i have a decent amount of muscle? Would try to work harder to gain muscle, lose fat? Would you pick up a fight with a guy based on this numbers? Im just curious...

Ive been lifting weights and exercising for a few years and i can see the diference between me and my friends who just drink or smoke pot or party. But yeah, they were never concerned abou their body composition and probably are not even familiar with the concept.

Here are the results:

AGE = 31 yo; Height = 175,5 cm; Weight = 90 kg; IMC = 29,2 kg/m²
TOTAL MASS: (fat +lean muscle mass+ bone mass) = 90,2kg
TOTAL BODY FAT: 23,5 kg ( 26 %)
TOTAL LEAN MASS : 63,4 kg

i dont know how accurate this kind of exam can be either.
If that is really 26% bodyfat, then yeah you're fat.

If that is really 26% bodyfat, then yeah you're fat.
wouldnt i lose too much muscle and/or strenght lowering this percentage?
i mean, i would try just to eat less sugar so less calorie intake obviously...what percentage of body fat is considered to be "athletic"?

i mean, i would try just to eat less sugar so less calorie intake obviously...what percentage of body fat is considered to be "athletic"?
Usually 8-12% Maybe even 15% depending on the person.

If you eat at a proper deficit (1-2lb/week) while keeping protein high, and continuing lifting the same way you have, you should be able to maintain what muscle you have. But with that amount of fat, its going to be a long cut.

Almost a third of your weight is fat, fatty. You're fat.

some medical advices in germany tell, you should not be over 20% bf as a man to minimize chances for obesity related health issiues. if you don't need muscle or strength for competitions or your job, i would focus on health and "fitness". in the long run you are better off with that and it doesn't mean you can't build muscle or get stronger over the years.

do you feel good with your current weight and bf%? aren't you on trt? i think you should lower your bf also because testosterone production is better with lower bf, isn't it?

...i mean, i would try just to eat less sugar...

Sounds a bit half-assed. You're not going to be Brad Pitt from Fight Club eating four donuts a day instead of six.

Nor will you, for months, even massively stepping up your exercise, eating zero sugar, and resting correctly. But that's the way to get there fastest.

You need to get a realization that things aren't as you'd like them to be, a determination to do what it takes to change them, and the perseverance to work hard and deny bad choices until you reach your goal.

Do you have the realization yet? Do you even realize, bro?

some medical advices in germany tell, you should not be over 20% bf as a man to minimize chances for obesity related health issiues. if you don't need muscle or strength for competitions or your job, i would focus on health and "fitness". in the long run you are better off with that and it doesn't mean you can't build muscle or get stronger over the years.

do you feel good with your current weight and bf%? aren't you on trt? i think you should lower your bf also because testosterone production is better with lower bf, isn't it?

got it.

i dont really mind being overweight. The only thing about my looks that bother me is my face chicks, bigger than what i consider the "normal" me...
Im on TRT, yes. But i think exogenous administration of T is not influenced by body fat percentage, right?

No, im a fatty and i dont have a clue...:(

The good news is that it's not a technically difficult thing. You just must have the discipline to eat clean and work out hard and make time for good rest.

The bad news is that if you lack motivation, it's really hard to maintain that discipline.

The good news is that it's not a technically difficult thing. You just must have the discipline to eat clean and work out hard and make time for good rest.

The bad news is that if you lack motivation, it's really hard to maintain that discipline.

sugar man, simple carbs, chocolate, cookies...thats whats going on
working out is something i really like to do.
problem is excessive calorie intake

sugar man, simple carbs, chocolate, cookies...thats whats going on
working out is something i really like to do.
problem is excessive calorie intake
You need a goal that's more attractive than the bad choices. Like an athletic competition to shoot for, or something as simple as "In X months, I want to take my shirt off at the beach and see at least three girls stare with their mouths open."

Example: I have a competition in June, and a class reunion in July. I'm going to be strong in June and jacked in July. I cut out sugar (I love Mountain Dew, dammit) at the beginning of February. I will make these goals happen.

You need a goal that's more attractive than the bad choices. Like an athletic competition to shoot for, or something as simple as "In X months, I want to take my shirt off at the beach and see at least three girls stare with their mouths open."

Example: I have a competition in June, and a class reunion in July. I'm going to be strong in June and jacked in July. I cut out sugar (I love Mountain Dew, dammit) at the beginning of February. I will make these goals happen.

yeah...im gonna do it, you'll see...my luck is i like to exercise, i just need to let go sugar and simple carbs...they fuck up everthing to me.

then im gonna post nudes 4 the dudes

Usually 8-12% Maybe even 15% depending on the person.

If you eat at a proper deficit (1-2lb/week) while keeping protein high, and continuing lifting the same way you have, you should be able to maintain what muscle you have. But with that amount of fat, its going to be a long cut.

I think those percentages are typically bullshit. Most people are several percentage points higher than they think. Rarely are people below 10% bodyfat. That requires serious bodybuilder efforts to cut fat. The average athlete is probably in between 15% and 25% BF. On top of that, those caliper tests are straight shit too.. You need to go to a real doctor to get BF tested.

I think those percentages are typically bullshit. Most people are several percentage points higher than they think. Rarely are people below 10% bodyfat. That requires serious bodybuilder efforts to cut fat. The average athlete is probably in between 15% and 25% BF. On top of that, those caliper tests are straight shit too.. You need to go to a real doctor to get BF tested.
hmmm... probably. I've never had it tested and just based it off of images so yeah.

How'd you get yellow carded?

hmmm... probably. I've never had it tested and just based it off of images so yeah.

How'd you get yellow carded?

I posted the YouTube scene from Pulp Fiction about "dead n***** storage" in that thread about how the movie wasn't holding up to modern times. Wasn't really thinking about how that's against forum rules, but it's cool. I'll take my slaps and keep it moving!

body-fat-percentage-chart-men-women.jpg

Work towards whatever YOUR goals are. Who gives a fuck what anyone elses are.

Back