My biggest gripe with Rogue One -

Der Eisbär

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was great overall. However my biggest problem with the movie was the potrayal of an Arab/Muslim like people as freedom fighters. Saw Gerrera's men wearing Arab/Middle Eastern style clothing, Arabic type music in the background, etc etc. They were called the extremists within the Rebellion, but they were still part of the rebellion fighting against the fascist authoritarian Empire (who were all white men).

Apparently the Empire doesn't allow minorities of any kind within their ranks. Such an odd tactical move because as we've in recent movies there are apparently people of color all throughout the galaxy. So not letting them join the Empire would greatly reduce the available men. The one person of color we do see fighting for the Empire, Finn, has a moral crisis and decides he can't participate in it any longer. Literally all of the Imperial high command are old white men. I've had enough of this race shaming bullshit and the potrayal of caucasian people in that light.

So your biggest gripe is really that they just followed what was in the original movies? The Empire has always been solely white men in the movies, while there's been not only humans of color but a ton of actual different species available.

Also, The Force Awakens doesn't have the Empire. It's the New Order, which apparently has both people of color and women in their ranks (well, one of each this far, unless I'm forgetting some extra, but still).

I guess historians of the future would look at the movie and say it was "social commentary" on the cultural problems at the time, as if it was anything that deep.

Watch the next star wars movie have a transgender Muslim as its hero.

However my biggest problem with the movie was the potrayal of an Arab/Muslim like people as freedom fighters.
That's actually really funny. All that PC leftist crap sometimes totally ruins a tv show or movie for me.

My wife was watching a show recently. And there was some Islamic terrorist attack and they just kept promoting Islam as the good guys and white bigots were the bad guys and enemy of the government. It's really getting insane.

That's actually really funny. All that PC leftist crap sometimes totally ruins a tv show or movie for me.

My wife was watching a show recently. And there was some Islamic terrorist attack and they just kept promoting Islam as the good guys and white bigots were the bad guys and enemy of the government. It's really getting insane.

Can't take that shit. At least we still have Game of Thrones which mostly steers away from that shite.

was it set in a sandy atmosphere. The arab attire is very functional in high heat areas.

Don't get on your high horse, You need to remember the Crusades.;)
Which were a defensive action against Islamic expansion and violent incursions into European territory... I know you know this. The 'but the Crusades!' logic is bullshit. It was purely a military action guised as a religious obligation to garner support and get everyone involved.

Can't take that shit. At least we still have Game of Thrones which mostly steers away from that shite.

I'm really surprised to see someone here saying that Game of Thrones isn't part of the "PC leftists crap". Just to take one example, the two main protagonists are both driving a very strong "all peoples are equal" agenda and that the powerful elite should not oppress the poor.

I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was great overall. However my biggest problem with the movie was the potrayal of an Arab/Muslim like people as freedom fighters. Saw Gerrera's men wearing Arab/Middle Eastern style clothing, Arabic type music in the background, etc etc. They were called the extremists within the Rebellion, but they were still part of the rebellion fighting against the fascist authoritarian Empire (who were all white men).

Apparently the Empire doesn't allow minorities of any kind within their ranks. Such an odd tactical move because as we've in recent movies there are apparently people of color all throughout the galaxy. So not letting them join the Empire would greatly reduce the available men. The one person of color we do see fighting for the Empire, Finn, has a moral crisis and decides he can't participate in it any longer. Literally all of the Imperial high command are old white men. I've had enough of this race shaming bullshit and the potrayal of caucasian people in that light.
http://rense.com/general21/bet.htm
http://newobserveronline.com/jews-boast-of-owning-hollywood-but-slam-gentiles-who-say-the-same/

I'm really surprised to see someone here saying that Game of Thrones isn't part of the "PC leftists crap". Just to take one example, the two main protagonists are both driving a very strong "all peoples are equal" agenda and that the powerful elite should not oppress the poor.

There is nothing 'PC' about believing that all people are equal and that the elite should not oppress the poor. That is some serious reaching there. I guess the founding fathers were all SJW's then? Gandhi, MLK, Malcolm X, all SJW's. Funny thing is, MLK, Gandhi, Malcolm were REAL social justice warriors. These douche bag college kids have totally perverted the meaning of those words. They were men that fought for actual justice in society and the equal and fair treatment of all.

Last edited:

The parallels are there. But people will just tell you you're over exaggerating and being sensitive, or maybe even call you a racist.

The rebels were from a sand planet. What the kind of garb do you expect them to wear.

You do realize that the rebels look very similar to american troops.

Would anyone guess looking at this still that this is from rogue one?

Image8_zpsdms6klpx.jpg

That helmet looks familar...

it-looks-bleak-for-the-rebel-alliance-in.jpg

I'll be damned. It looks just like a standard issue Vietnam era helmet and includes stuffing things in the band round the helmet.

be67250e00a9db7f252fcc8eade09730.jpg

Wait I think I have seen that someplace else..

cf49b472ddd877343d139d70541174a119b8c429.jpg

Oh... Wait a second. There is someone else that sees the similarities too.
star-wars-rogue-one-born-to-rebel-fan-posters-inspired-by-full-metal-jacket5

Or if you want to call back to what the original Star Wars was portraying the empire as Nazi germany, here is a WW2 U.S. helmet.

thumb2.php

The garb looks just like russian military issue russian winter gear.

0_1adcb1_6fb22955_XL.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing 'PC' about believing that all people are equal and that the elite should not oppress the poor. That is some serious reaching there. I guess the founding fathers were all SJW's then? Gandhi, MLK, Malcolm X, all SJW's.

But it's PC to have people of different color fighting the Empire (they weren't with the Rebellion though) without making a big deal out of it, or even mention it at all? I was arguing on the perceived level as clearly shown by that I stated that I expected that to be called out, rather than stating an opinion of my own.

Did you miss the whole "A Long time ago, in a Galaxy far far away" thing?

Shit happened before muslims. Dude just looks Arabic.

Ain't no muslims in space.

But it's PC to have people of different color fighting the Empire without making a big deal out of it, or even mention it at all? I was arguing on the perceived level as clearly shown by that I stated that I expected that to be called out, rather than stating an opinion of my own.

The movie itself doesn't make a big deal of it, but all the leftist media, and the movie staff make a big deal of it and love to point out how diverse the cast is.

Back