My affair with the intellectual dark web by Meghan Daum

Of which Rubin does none.

Left Young Turks when seeing how much they are changing? Check.
Stopped calling himself a Liberal when seeing how intolerant and closed minded they are? Check.
Talks to people that holds different views than him? Double Check...hell, Ben Shapiro thinks he is a sinner, that being gay is wrong, that marriage is between a man and a woman...and said on Rubin's show that he WOULD NOT bake a cake for his wedding if asked, nor go to it...yet they are still friends.

You lose on all fronts, clearly you are not an intellectual.

Stopped calling himself a Liberal when seeing how intolerant and closed minded they are? Check.
Talks to people that holds different views than him? Double Check...hell, Ben Shapiro thinks he is a sinner, that being gay is wrong, that marriage is between a man and a woman...and said on Rubin's show that he WOULD NOT bake a cake for his wedding if asked, nor go to it...yet they are still friends.

Rubin fanboy detected.

The fact that you consider Rubin an intellectual shows how low of a bar you have for the term. To consider him one basically dilutes the term to the point of being meaningless. He's riding the coattails of a trendy movement and good for him, he's made money off of it. But he's no intellectual by any reasonable standard.

Unless it is what I said it is, which it is...

Also, the word intellectual means nothing more than a person that engages in "critical thinking, research, and reflection". It has nothing to do with quantity of intelligence or how its used like so many...non-intellectuals think. I say non-intellectuals because a person that uses the word wrong clearly did not RESEARCH it before using it and will never reflect upon that.

No research done, he holds a bachelor's degree which is cool, I won't knock on that, but having a bachelor's degree alone is not enough. He could have zero degrees and still be considered an intellectual if he had done any field research on any topic, that was though provoking, and released it to publication for peer review. He hasn't. He's a guy on youtube.

That's it. Try not to be a fan boy mate.

Last edited:

None of that qualify as an intellectual.

Bet none of them has ever criticized Israel either.
The dark intellectual web is always challenging the status quo. Israel is our greatest ally and has the most humane military the world has ever seen.

Rubin fanboy detected.

The fact that you consider Rubin an intellectual shows how low of a bar you have for the term

How many more times are you going to show you do not even know what the word means? Typical Shertard.

No research done, he holds a bachelor's degree which is cool, I won't knock on that, but having a bachelor's degree alone is not enough. He could have zero degrees and still be considered an intellectual if he had done any field research on any topic, that was though provoking, and released it to publication for peer review. He hasn't. He's a guy on youtube.

That's it. Try not to be a fan boy mate.

Who are you even talking about? I do not know of Rubin holding a degree of any kind and no, doing "field research" has nothing to do with being an intellectual or not. I gave the DEFINITION of it yet you refute with idiocy that has nothing to do with it...

Try not to be a Shertard mate.

None of that qualify as an intellectual.

Your opinion does not trump reality. The definition is the definition. Go slap your teachers for failing to teach you that your feelings do not change the meanings of words.

Also @EradiatedHaggis , and I know this sounds like self promotion, you could take a visit to this thread, and watch the video if you want to experience a debate between two intellectuals.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/human-nature-foucault-vs-chomsky.3827535/
I'd welcome your input. If you don't want to watch, our talks about it also include cliffs of the video.

Do not attempt to school a person when you do not even know what the meaning of the word in question...also, listing one of the most well known debates is laughable. If you want to impress someone, pull out a great debate few know about or at LEAST one where the two sit on opposing sides yet have great respect for each other like the Buckley Jr, Ginsburg one below

Can we all agree that "intellectual dark web" is one of the cringiest terms in recent memory that needs to be forgotten as soon as possible?

Also here's the author
1*14cBYWZXx8M_PFTVYsR03Q.jpeg

Looks like quite the battleslut doesn't she @waiguoren?
Nope.

How many more times are you going to show you do not even know what the word means? Typical Shertard.
Lol okay buddy keep claiming that a YTer is an intellectual just because he happens to agree with you

Lol okay buddy keep claiming that a YTer is an intellectual just because he happens to agree with you

LOL ok buddy keep claiming that words definitions cant apply to someone because they are on youtube and they do things you dont like.

<JagsKiddingMe>

With your low bar of what is an intellectual, Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel also qualify.

There is no BAR, there is a definition. You either are one or not.

But just so you know, I KNOW you are not one as use do not use even one of the three criteria.

Eric Weinstein coined it and the NY Times ended up popularizing it with one of their articles.

Weinstein agrees with you that it is goofy and even cringey, and according to him that is part of the intent in the name

He also mentioned here that they aren't 'dark' in the sense that they are underground, as was a criticism of @Trotsky so he makes fun of that as well.

So basically he is agreeing here with the criticisms made by everyone in this thread so far. It's a sort of humored name, and according to him, made that way deliberately.

From the horses mouth (Eric Weinstein):

I was pessimistic that the name would work as purportedly intended, but this thread is proof that it works, people are really hung up on the name.

There is no BAR, there is a definition. You either are one or not.

But just so you know, I KNOW you are not one as use do not use even one of the three criteria.

My feelings are hurt that I rank lower than Dave Rubin.

Didn't realize ho's needed the dark web as an excuse to ditch their husbands.

Back