My 70 year old dad fell in the bank today

Be glad it's just his arm. It could have been way way worse. When my grandma fell and broke her hip, that's when she basically put one foot in the grave.

Maybe your dad has class and doesn't think he should sue for every bad thing that happens.

People make mistakes. Maybe he's accepted that and doesn't think money will make him feel any better.
Look man I feel ya. I was raised by him and I have some of his traits. But he's the kind that will end up getting some treatments and a couple doctor visits and then signing something that says he's okay now just to move on when in reality he's still in pain from that particular incident and it causing him pain for the rest of his life and a bunch of medical cost that he will be responsible for not to mention other problems that could continue to occur from the indident. That's what this is about. He's got too much pride and old school that he needs to accept that doing the right thing isn't always what he thinks is the right thing. If this was about money and getting rich, we would have it made because it would be so easy, but we're not like that. I just want him to be okay and to take extra precautions and look out for himself.

Pain and suffering, lost of enjoyment of life, etc... there's no question we're all going to suffer from this. I'm known as the biggest troll on sherdog but I made this thread in mayberry for a reason. Just think of all the doctor visits(not the cost but the time he has to spend), and the energy and thought we all have to put into this, the bills that will be coming in non stop, the endless phone calls, the worry of everything, the actual physical pain on a daily basis, me annoying people like you on sherdog by complaining about my problems, the embarrassment of falling in front of everyone possibly peeing or pooping himself, etc... and mainly just the fact that the pain in his arm or other places that he injured could be for the rest of his life. I'm sure I missed a lot. Nothing against you, I've seen you post before but you're question is silly, Billy.

ps and me mentioning all the bills coming in, I'm not talking about the cost, I'm talking about non stop mail coming through that he has to fax off every single day for the next few months or years to his lawyer which is a pain in the ass because he has no idea what's important or not. So the lawyers actually deserve the 1/3 which is standard because they have to do more than you think which is going through thousands of papers a day and deciding what they need a copy of and what to throw away.

Again I can go all day and I left a lot out but there's 20 times more than just medical expenses.

He sprained his arm.
You're either trolling or trying to scam money at the expense of your father's ordeal.

edit: and never heard of you.

Be glad it's just his arm. It could have been way way worse. When my grandma fell and broke her hip, that's when she basically put one foot in the grave.
It just happened today. I told him today that within the next week if he feels anything at all, to go back to the ER and how important that is. I'm still worried that he could be hurt somewhere else but I will keep this thread updated.

it's a fucking bank. if there's one organization a person shouldn't feel bad about suing it's a fucking bank.

can't you just sue since it's your money that's going to pay for his treatment?

He sprained his arm.
You're either trolling or trying to scam money at the expense of your father's ordeal.

edit: and never heard of you.
Now you're trolling lol or you don't understand what it's like for a 70 year old man to fall on a hard floor. You're going to feel very different if I bump this thread tomorrow and my dad can't walk because of his hip. Or months from now if my dad gets an MRI on his arm and they have to do surgery to repair it meaning that for almost a whole year he couldn't even use his arm and it will probably never be the same. But okay let's just go your way and get the ER visit and follow up doctor visit taken care of and then send him on his own. Big risk there but hey it's not your money, it's someone else's money that they might have to pay for the rest of their life and endure pain just because they 'had class' lol gtfo

could cause bloodclots that could kill him.

OP go to a lawyer. The 12 year olds that post here won't be able to help you.

All of that is bullshit.

Lets assume he has a sprain and will be 100% healed up in a few months. What are you expecting, $100,000?
Well in a few months if he's 100% healed, then that's it. So whatever the medical cost is, the pain and suffering, loss of life, etc... that's what he deserves. A few months would seem like 50k or less but that's a wild guess. We don't know much yet. The point of this thread has already been established. My worst fear is my dad signing off on something thinking he's okay without hiring a lawyer and a year or so from now being stuck with injuries that he will be responsible for, for the rest of his life. The bank's insurance lawyers just like 'at fault car insurance lawyers' will be trying to track him down trying to get him to give him like 3k immediately or some bullshit just to get it over and done with where they won't have to settle in the future with his lawyer that he may hire that he would get at least a lot closer to what he actually deserves than some 3k that wouldn't even pay for his medical cost. My dad is not gay and I'm getting this feeling that a few of you in this thread are gay and are thinking my dad is or you just hate me and know that I love my dad and want to hurt me by seeing my dad get brutally fucked in the ass because that's exactly what's going to happen if he just goes with flow and takes your advice. Look I hate talking about this shit because it is all shit, sick world we have to live in but this is what we have to do sometimes in order not to get raped which really blows dick.

could cause bloodclots that could kill him.

OP go to a lawyer. The 12 year olds that post here won't be able to help you.
His arm really is so swollen right now it looks like it's going to explode. It must have been a really bad fall. As I said I'm going to update this thread every couple days and a few people in this thread are going to feel pretty stupid when my dad has to have hip surgery or surgery on his arm. How people suggest not to get a lawyer and not to get an MRI on his arm is beyond me. An MRI is 6k. Of course everyone wants to avoid that except the lawyer and yes it's because it's more money for them but it's also best to get that done for the person that got hurt. In cases like these the doctors usually try to push you away and be all positive even if you are hurt and basically just try to get you out of there. A lawyer will tell you totally different because they are there for you and know what's best for you, and themselves obviously because more problems, more money for them. But at least you know you're getting fucked good and slow and less pain with a lawyer than if you tried to settle with the companies lawyers where you will get fucked hard, deep, unprotected(aids, herpes possibly), and left feeling raped.

I have worked at a lawfirm for 10 years now I'll just say this. The bank will be able to afford better lawyers, the bank will be able to afford to draw things out as long as they want and the courts allow and the bank will be covered by their insurance in the end. Should your dad get a pay out the insurance company will likely appeal the payout and if successful it could be significantly less than what he was originally awarded. You have to weigh the costs of going down the court route in this kind of issue can you find/afford a competent lawyer who won't charge you $20,000 - $50,000 for a personal injuries claim?

Wtf is going on?

<{walkerwhut}>
My dad fell in a bank today due to a mistake the janitor made by not wiping up a spot that was right inide the doorway. His arm is fucked up. He's 70. Hopefully his arm is the only thing that got fucked up. IMO he needs a lawyer on something like this ASAP. What do you think?

My dad fell in a bank today due to a mistake the janitor made by not wiping up a spot that was right inide the doorway. His arm is fucked up. He's 70. Hopefully his arm is the only thing that got fucked up. IMO he needs a lawyer on something like this ASAP. What do you think?

But what do you want out of this thread?

Sympathy? Advice?

I have worked at a lawfirm for 10 years now I'll just say this. The bank will be able to afford better lawyers, the bank will be able to afford to draw things out as long as they want and the courts allow and the bank will be covered by their insurance in the end. Should your dad get a pay out the insurance company will likely appeal the payout and if successful it could be significantly less than what he was originally awarded. You have to weigh the costs of going down the court route in this kind of issue can you find/afford a competent lawyer who won't charge you $20,000 - $50,000 for a personal injuries claim?
That's what we'll find out in the next week or so, maybe tomorrow. This thread is more about getting my dad to talk to lawyers and listening to us rather than act like it's his own fault that he fell and paying for it on his own. But I will keep you updated, it was interesting what you had to say. It's a big fucking mess out there.

What did he do in Nam. Have him go see a VSO and make a VA claim. I made my Dad do it after his war wounds started bringing him down. I know this doesn't alleviate the bank fall situation per se but he can get their medical and a monthly check to help with costs. I know you mentioned you guys made him do something with them but was it a full C&P exam?

Back