MX Extreme- Max Muaythai > Glory/ Kung lung

Sanchoy

muay thai ownage
@purple
Reaction score
I have not been paying attention much to the new shows MX and Max until recently. I noticed that over the last month these shows have been putting on entertaining shows. What these shows need is big names to have the balls to step into these full MT rules fast paced promotions. It would be exciting to see Yod and Buakaw vs the likes of Petroysan/ Niki / Roosemalen at these full rules shows. The elbows and knees are allowed, with limited clinch, and forced pace rules.

Glory and K-1 claim that full muaythai clinching causes the excitement to lower; However MX and Max has been putting on exciting shows with a high knockout % and pace (allowing elbows and knees/throws). In glory and k-1 there has been a lot of hug festing going on recently, with limited knees and no elbows this has even more caused stagnant fights.

How about send your Glory and k-1 send their champs to these full rules shows and Thailand send one of their big names.

Check out MX Extreme Muaythai and Max! They are putting on decent shows, but need big names.

Latest MX show

It would be exciting to see Yod and Buakaw vs the likes of Petroysan/ Niki / Roosemalen at these full rules shows.

I agree. Kickboxers, like Van Roosmalen, Holzken and Petrosyan, have been held back by stadium promoters, because they weren't marketable enough, for too long. It's time they unleashed their talent on the muay thai world. The Thais won't know what hit them.

Xtreme muay thai>Glory in terms of entertainment

They have some decent thais like Wanchalerm and Yodpayak but i'd like to see some higher calibre fighters, would be interesting. I remember seeing sangmanee at one of their shows wearing their shirt...

Last edited:
In FMT Rule. RVR / Holzken or Petro all of them just another can to crush.

You don't need extended clinching to own someone in the clinch. Petro and Nieky would be thrown to their backs constantly. RvR might be different because of his Judo background but most KBers would be in trouble.

Kickboxers are scared of getting cuts :p

But yeah the format is nice. Non-stop action and they stream it live on facebook and youtube which is cool. Would be nice if they got Sangmanee, Saeksan, Muangthai, Pet u Thong, Yodlekpet, Petnamngam in there

RvR might be different because of his Judo background but most KBers would be in trouble.
RVR's default response whens someone clinches him is to drop his hands and try and punch his way out. Unless they actually have training in clinch striking, a wrestler or judoka or "pure grappler" is going to get beat up in the clinch.

This guy has no clue what he is doing in the clinch:

Last edited:
wrestled in high school > judo black belt > shoot boxing experience

Too bad people get away with saying the same shit about "traditional" muay thai, everday.
Traditional Muay Thai is fucking garbage...

The point of the link was to highlight Chael's hilarious rant.

Why are you such a thin skinned pussy?

Back