MVP signs multi fight contract with Bellator!!

I knew there was no way in hell bellator ever let him go to free agency haha smart move locking him in ahead of the WW GP.Can't wait to see him fight Daley OMG!!

SIgned a 6 fight deal, will probably take 4 years to complete it.

Awesome news, although similar in styles I like MVP much better than UFC is prospect in Israel Adesanya, Less arrogant as well

Why go face actual competition when you can spend your entire career getting booked in squash matches?

Bellator has potential to be the premier mma promotion in Europe. They are making moves to do so

Why go face actual competition when you can spend your entire career getting booked in squash matches?

This post is dumb as fuck.....

Daley isn't a squash match and if MVP wins it only gets harder......

With the announcement that they're doing an Irish/UK series, they needed a guy like him. Glad they gave him the long term deal. Bellator is going to own Western Europe in a few years.

Sucks for UFC, they missed the boat with another exciting fighter and potential star. Now MVP can box on the side all he wants while fighting MMA. Sucks we'll probably never see him fight Wonderboy, Till etc. But there's plenty of great fighters for him to fight in Bellator and more fighters seem to be jumping ship.

These are they types of signings you want to see them make.

They are signing old veterans, but they are also keeping the talent they truly want

We will see what happens with chandler

Heard he is a free agent.

glad he's staying with them. great fights ahead if he is as good as it appears.

Nice! Good deal to keep him!

These are they types of signings you want to see them make.

They are signing old veterans, but they are also keeping the talent they truly want

We will see what happens with chandler

Heard he is a free agent.

DAZN money is guaranteed for 3 years with option for 5 so 3 years of being able to sign talent and expand we shall see what they do with the opportunity but so far I'm happy with what is planned so far.

War Coker and Bellator!!!

Dissapointed by MVP. The real shock to the world would be if he joined UFC with real talent. Bellator will baby him.

Dissapointed by MVP. The real shock to the world would be if he joined UFC with real talent. Bellator will baby him.

Ppl are so used to bitching about MVP they don't realize he's in the WW GP.

stupid fucking trolls

Ppl are so used to bitching about MVP they don't realize he's in the WW GP.

stupid fucking trolls
While they were not world class, he didn't fight cans before the GP either

At least 2 wins over UFC fighters on his resumee.

Hes in a pretty fucken legit Grand Prix

For now. As far as I know the brackets haven't been released and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull him out for an alternate as soon as he gets a hard matchup.

While they were not world class, he didn't fight cans before the GP either

At least 2 wins over UFC fighters on his resumee.
The cans that people speak of on MVP's record are guys like Rudy Bears, Charlie Ontiveros, and Jermie Holloway. All of those fights were more recent than the Burrell and Rainey fights.

Cyborg Santos was a shot-to-shit striker and Rickels is a chinny, stiff Lightweight. Not exactly cans, but those were just two match-ups that were tailor-made for a counterstriker like MVP to win. Nobody thought those two would beat MVP.

Burrell and Rainey were relatively good wins, but those happened 4 years ago.

The cans that people speak of on MVP's record are guys like Rudy Bears, Charlie Ontiveros, and Jermie Holloway. All of those fights were more recent than the Burrell and Rainey fights.

Cyborg Santos was a shot-to-shit striker and Rickels is a chinny, stiff Lightweight. Not exactly cans, but those were just two match-ups that were tailor-made for a counterstriker like MVP to win. Nobody thought those two would beat MVP.

Burrell and Rainey were relatively good wins, but those happened 4 years ago.
Of course they feed him cans, too, but Bellator does that to all their 'prospects', and many other orgs do that to their fighters as well.
I was getting at the people saying MVP isn't legit 'because he only crushes cans and doesn't fight in the UFC', although he proved his worth against legit fighters.

He is very much 'UFC caliber' , just like many others who fight people outside of the UFC.
Obviously I'd rather see him in the UFC but calling him a can crasher in every thread won't make that happen....

Last edited:
Good for Bellator and for MVP, but bad for the sport - insofar as MVP is spending his prime being given squash matches. As far as him fighting in the Grand Prix, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Back