MVP reminds me of Spider Silva

Leben was no debut though...

Lol, Leban was undefeated in the UFC and like 25-1 or something on the verge of a title shot when Anderson absolutely blitzed him. Revisionist history at its finest.

Lol, Leban was undefeated in the UFC and like 25-1 or something on the verge of a title shot when Anderson absolutely blitzed him. Revisionist history at its finest.
?

I said:

"Leben was no debut though..."

?

I said:

He was his UFC debut and that statement makes it sound like he was unworthy or something.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post but to be honest I still don't get what you're trying to say. Unless you are pointing out that Anderson had already faced and beaten highly ranked and crediable challengers prior to that in which case I agree and you're correct.

I think he meant he was already very experienced when he beat Leben, but yeah
?

I said:

I meant UFC debut.

Obviously Silva had a lot of experience already. I'm just saying it's way too early to compare the two.

Page has looked good against some decent opponents, but he looked pretty bad against Fernando Gonzalez.

He was his UFC debut and that statement makes it sound like he was unworthy or something.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post but to be honest I still don't get what you're trying to say. Unless you are pointing out that Anderson had already faced and beaten highly ranked and crediable challengers prior to that in which case I agree and you're correct.
well... basically... very simply... I said that Spider had already a career b4...

Just hug it out, yall both love MMA, MVP Bless

While they do share certain similarities, Anderson Silva in his prime was more akin to a golden age Barry Allen or a God of War quick time event.

The fact that his legacy has now arguably been tarnished by suspicions of steroid use does not diminish his virtually superhuman feats in the octagon.

Watching Anderson Silva assassinate Forrest Griffin with basically a jab, while sliding out of the way was what got me hooked on MMA.
A true f*cking legend.

Shovel punch. Same thing Ali KO'ed Liston with leading to the whole phantom punch controversy. Doesn't look like much but all your opponents momentum coming forward carrying him into it placement become more important than power. Similar to old man Foreman KOing Micheal Moorer too

well... basically... very simply... I said that Spider had already a career b4...

Fair enough. Weird way of wording it but my fault for assuming you were one of the many people who use revisionist history to try and discredit that fight. My apologies

Did y'all notice MVP did dance moves from Childish Gambino's This is America? was so cool

so thats your deal? just baiting. its cool i been a troll many times over, its fun yeah
so what do you think about MVP & Silva? Who would be MVP's Leben? Rory?

Sorry my mom told i shouldn't talk to bad people.

MVP is a combination of Spida and Conna ... but i still think both of them are better than MVP.

I liked your post because I was prepping to make a similar thread. So, I might as well post my thread here. LOL
The UFC Should Get This Guy

I watched the entire interview, and he is very engaging. Plus, he is a highlight reel waiting to happen. The dude has one fight left on his contract. If I was Dana White, I would sign him and use the boxing model to promote him i.e. only favorable match-ups.

I would book him against fighters that will allow him to express his arsenal of striking, and not dudes who are just going to lay-n-pray to a victory and claim "I beat you." You didn't beat shit, but fair play, you won a game. LOL

Not every fighter needs to be promoted with the "on path to a title fight" hype. Some guys can should be promoted to headline the free ESPN cards and bring excitement to the fan base. I hate this "every star has to be on the road to a belt" nonsense. It doesn't have to be that way.

Basically, some fighters should be marketted towards the hardcore fans who are willing to pay for PPVs, others (the more exciting strikers) should be promoted to the less knowledgeable potential fans who are turned off to MMA, because they believe it is just sweaty half-naked men "cuddling" each other. Others, can grab all markets. You don't have to do the same old stale propaganda for every prospect.

Every potential star should be given the Conor McGregor treatment, a bunch of favorable match-ups with 3-and-something fighters, short-notice opponents, smaller-and-shorter guys at a reach disadvantage. When you perform, you become bulletproof, so even if you lose to a better guy, your stock doesn't plummet because the fan-base has bought into your persona.

I actually completely agree with this and wish UFC would do this a little more often.

We all know it's really unlikely someone like MVP would be champ in the UFC. Let him smash like 10 bums in a row to build a stupid awesome HL reel and name for himself and then one day finally give him a titleshot in Britain.

I'm thinking more about how Page would match up against Wonderboy and Till... The reality is there wouldn't be much grappling in those match ups so the better striker would definitely be the difference. People that shit on Bellator just because its Bellator can't tell me that MVP wouldn't have a chance fighting either one of those guys. Aside from the fantasy match ups I'd really like to see MVP fight Doug Lima next for a number one contender fight and have Rory Macdonald defend against Andrey Koreshkov.

..said everyone who ever watched him.

But I'll wait for him to get another serious fight before we know if he's elite or not.

I was seriously disappointed when he said he wouldn't fight Daley anymore, after them going back and forth forever.

I liked your post because I was prepping to make a similar thread. So, I might as well post my thread here. LOL
The UFC Should Get This Guy

I watched the entire interview, and he is very engaging. Plus, he is a highlight reel waiting to happen. The dude has one fight left on his contract. If I was Dana White, I would sign him and use the boxing model to promote him i.e. only favorable match-ups.

I would book him against fighters that will allow him to express his arsenal of striking, and not dudes who are just going to lay-n-pray to a victory and claim "I beat you." You didn't beat shit, but fair play, you won a game. LOL

Not every fighter needs to be promoted with the "on path to a title fight" hype. Some guys can should be promoted to headline the free ESPN cards and bring excitement to the fan base. I hate this "every star has to be on the road to a belt" nonsense. It doesn't have to be that way.

Basically, some fighters should be marketted towards the hardcore fans who are willing to pay for PPVs, others (the more exciting strikers) should be promoted to the less knowledgeable potential fans who are turned off to MMA, because they believe it is just sweaty half-naked men "cuddling" each other. Others, can grab all markets. You don't have to do the same old stale propaganda for every prospect.

Every potential star should be given the Conor McGregor treatment, a bunch of favorable match-ups with 3-and-something fighters, short-notice opponents, smaller-and-shorter guys at a reach disadvantage. When you perform, you become bulletproof, so even if you lose to a better guy, your stock doesn't plummet because the fan-base has bought into your persona.

Sorry mate but one of the reasons I gravitated towards mma (and particularly the UFC) from boxing was to avoid this BS.

Part of the UFC's appeal is the unforgiving matchmaking: every fight is a legit contest.

As someone who actually pays to attend events and has sat through hours of absolutely risible boxing undercards too, your suggestion would be a complete backwards step.

Ps, Dana should sign Daley and MVP as soon as their con tracts expire and make that fight happen in the ufc.

Back