MVP reminds me of Spider Silva

RogerD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
MVP is untouchable, has an allure- reminds me of Spider Silva during his MW championship run
It's fun to watch, I already knew MVP won the Rickels fight before watching, but soooo enjoyed like every fight I've watched him in.
Either Bellator locks him in, or UFC grabs him and makes him a superstar. I hope MVP goes to UFC someday, I'd love that.

giphy.webp

If he do it right.. Give Israel adesanya some time. He might become a Anderson silva like mma striker.

His stance actually he reminds me of Wonderboy... Especially Wonderboy vs Hendricks...

Let me know when he actually beats a legitimate opponent.

Silva destroyed Leben in his debut.

Israel looks awesome, hows his ground game & TDD?

MVP is untouchable, has an allure- reminds me of Spider Silva during his MW championship run
It's fun to watch, I already knew MVP won the Rickels fight before watching, but soooo enjoyed like every fight I've watched him in.
Either Bellator locks him in, or UFC grabs him and makes him a superstar. I hope MVP goes to UFC someday, I'd love that.

Completely original opinion.

So he'll get busted for dick pills in the future. Now I'm prepared.

Depth wise bellator is still very weak

These fringe top 10 guys from the ufc are absolutely dominating all competitors there. Mousasi who is a top top fighter completely outclassed their champ it didnt even seem fair.

I liked your post because I was prepping to make a similar thread. So, I might as well post my thread here. LOL
The UFC Should Get This Guy

I watched the entire interview, and he is very engaging. Plus, he is a highlight reel waiting to happen. The dude has one fight left on his contract. If I was Dana White, I would sign him and use the boxing model to promote him i.e. only favorable match-ups.

I would book him against fighters that will allow him to express his arsenal of striking, and not dudes who are just going to lay-n-pray to a victory and claim "I beat you." You didn't beat shit, but fair play, you won a game. LOL

Not every fighter needs to be promoted with the "on path to a title fight" hype. Some guys can should be promoted to headline the free ESPN cards and bring excitement to the fan base. I hate this "every star has to be on the road to a belt" nonsense. It doesn't have to be that way.

Basically, some fighters should be marketted towards the hardcore fans who are willing to pay for PPVs, others (the more exciting strikers) should be promoted to the less knowledgeable potential fans who are turned off to MMA, because they believe it is just sweaty half-naked men "cuddling" each other. Others, can grab all markets. You don't have to do the same old stale propaganda for every prospect.

Every potential star should be given the Conor McGregor treatment, a bunch of favorable match-ups with 3-and-something fighters, short-notice opponents, smaller-and-shorter guys at a reach disadvantage. When you perform, you become bulletproof, so even if you lose to a better guy, your stock doesn't plummet because the fan-base has bought into your persona.

MVP needs to start pushing himself against better fighters

His talent is phenomenal especially at 170

MVP needs to start pushing himself against better fighters

His talent is phenomenal especially at 170
Bellator building him up slowly yeah, Im like why hasnt he fought for the belt already?!

Cyborg was very legit, MVP broke his skull, Diaz only KO him
Don't get me wrong, I like Page's style and think he has potential.

But I have been waiting for years, quite literally, to see him fight someone notable.

Cyborg Santos is tough, but a journeyman. Rickels is solid, but a LW. It's time Page fights a dangerous opponent.

While they do share certain similarities, Anderson Silva in his prime was more akin to a golden age Barry Allen or a God of War quick time event.

The fact that his legacy has now arguably been tarnished by suspicions of steroid use does not diminish his virtually superhuman feats in the octagon.

Watching Anderson Silva assassinate Forrest Griffin with basically a jab, while sliding out of the way was what got me hooked on MMA.
A true f*cking legend.

Back