MvC:I - Premium Costumes

The art style is kind of hit & miss. The character models are complete dogshit on a lot of them, but I'm really digging the brightness and colors and all that.

The game is an absolute blast to play as well, and that's the most important thing I guess.

Here's a vid of my first two online matches, if you guys wanna see some gameplay by an average joe who doesn't clobberstomp everything (you can make anything look good in the hands of a pro):

I'm a complete noob and casual fighting game aficionado, but I think I did alright for a first timer haha

Those stones are just so much fun! It'll give the game some extra legs too, with all the crazy builds and comps you can come up with, I think.

Last edited:
The art style is kind of hit & miss. The character models are complete dogshit on a lot of them, but I'm really digging the brightness and colors and all that.

The game is an absolute blast to play as well, and that's the most important thing I guess.

Here's a vid of my first two online matches, if you guys wanna see some gameplay by an average joe who doesn't clobberstomp everything (you can make anything look good in the hands of a pro):

I'm a complete noob and casual fighting game aficionado, but I think I did alright for a first timer haha

Those stones are just so much fun! It'll give the game some extra legs too, with all the crazy builds and comps you can come up with, I think.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but you should be able to OTG after knocking the opponent to the ground.

So I've pretty much given up on Ryu for the time being. I'm finding Haggar and Hulk to be really fun. The speed at which you can cancel something really throws me off because the recovery on the moves are insane. Hulk will literally cancel a lk > hk before you even see the lk come out. You see a glimpse of it but then he switches to a hk instantly. It's really crazy.

What's OTG? haha

OTG is on the ground combos. Basically when Ryu launches his opponent down to the ground he can land and hit a cr.lk that will start another combo. Eventually you'll get a hard knock down bringing you back to neutral, but you can also tag in and have your second player utilize the OTG.

OTG is on the ground combos. Basically when Ryu launches his opponent down to the ground he can land and hit a cr.lk that will start another combo. Eventually you'll get a hard knock down bringing you back to neutral, but you can also tag in and have your second player utilize the OTG.

Oh okay, thanks. I am starting to learn to tag into another combo with my teammate indeed.

Here's some good information from /r/mvci

There's been a lot of "who should I partner with ____?" threads, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a discussion thread on team building concepts after SCR this past weekend.

One of the most successful team building approaches on display at SCR was the Support+Combo/Damage build, like Dormammu/Ultron for FChamp, or Gamora/Strider for ClockWork.

So let's break down where some characters fit as far as support or combo/damage. We'll be focusing primarily on characters that saw play during the top 8.

Good support characters we've seen:

• Dormammu-Probably the most successful support character at SCR, possibly due to Champ's extra time with the game. Strong zoning game, and the thorn carpet is a crazy lockdown tool right now.

• Ghost Rider-A surprisingly strong support character considering his low tier placement in UMVC3. Ghost Rider's big disjointed whip normals and instant overhead jHP have led him to a fair amount of success, effectively setting up tag combos for his partner

• Nemesis-Put on display by Sacktap at SCR, Nemesis' long reach on his tentacle normals, and his strong projectiles with his rockets have made him very effective.

• Spencer-Spencer's zip grabs have become an effective zoning tool in MVCI, and his overall mobility allows him to open up opponents for tag cancels to his partner. Spencer was a combo monster in UMVC3, so he may yet have unexplored potential as a combo/damage character.

• Arthur-The addition of being able to jump cancel his specials has made Arthur a more dangerous zoner, creating pressure from full-screen with the threat of tagging his partner in off any stray hit.

• Mega Man X-Another projectile-based zoning character, X also has followups on his buster shots which can create high/low mixups when tag canceled, as well as being able to seamlessly switch between defense and offense to create and take advantage of openings.

• Gamora-Clockwork really made the most use of this character at SCR, but Gamora's ability to move forward while covering herself using projectiles makes her a fantastic support character.
We can see that, generally, good support characters are also effectivezoners, much like the neutral game of UMVC3 often involved frequent super-jumping and throwing projectiles to create openings.

Characters that were effective damage dealers:

• Ultron-With high damage and relatively simple combos, Ultron is very capable of capitalizing off his partner's openings, as well as making openings of his own utilizing his drones.

• Captain Marvel-Similar to Ultron, Captain Marvel is a relatively high damage combo character, who is able to create pressure in neutral through utilizing her armor install special move.

• Haggar-One of the more unexpected characters, Haggar's high damage and new projectile move led him to success at SCR. Being able to be tagged in off his partner's moves helps make up for his lower mobility.

• Thanos-Thanos hits like a truck with his palm loops in the corner, and has good pressure projectiles and a teleport for mixups. His mobility is low, so his gameplan is complimented by anyone who can set up projectiles and pressure situations for him.

• Nova-Very similar to Captain Marvel, with the addition of having powered up specials when he has 3 or more meters stocked up.

• Dante-The man, the myth, the legend, making his return from UMVC3. Still a high damage combo monster who appreciates the tag system now that he no longer has assists to call on.

• Zero-Zero actually lies somewhere between a zoner and a rushdown, much like X, but leans more heavily towards rushdown. An absolute combo monster, just like Dante.
Obviously the meta is still really early; the game has only been out for a week. I'm curious what everyone thinks of this approach to team building at this point, and if anyone believes another approach may be more effective later. Another point of discussion would be where other characters fit into these roles.

Personally I'm loving this game, the graphics aren't even that bad, looks good ingame just up close some of the faces are shit.

The gameplay is sick with the gem system and active tag, and all the characters got new moves and options, so while the roster is mediocre the characters that are there all feel more viable now. I can actually play as Hulk or Thanos now and feel like I'm controlling them. Its like all the characters got buffed. Also liking the return to traditional 4 button layout instead of MvC3s unified attack buttons.

Underrated game, they got my money for DLC too the bastards, Black Panther is going to be sick. And this is coming from a guy who usually never buys DLC for games not made by Fromsoft. The game needs new characters asap, 30 vs 56 when MvC2 came out is kinda sad tho.

No wonder the game crashed and burned:

AIk0t9S.jpg

No wonder the game crashed and burned:

AIk0t9S.jpg

Yea, I saw this and the fact that Black Panther & Sigma were both complete and ready to be released online. My conspiracy side seems to think that the SFV:AE reveal was damage control to take peoples attention away from this fiasco. It would make sense.

Anyone catch the 2 FT10's last night between FChamp & SonicFox? I watched them both and FChamp was pretty free up until the end when he brought it back from 9-3 to 9-7 in the second set. Sonic's Jedah & RR look really strong. His traps are the best in the game right now.

Yea, I saw this and the fact that Black Panther & Sigma were both complete and ready to be released online. My conspiracy side seems to think that the SFV:AE reveal was damage control to take peoples attention away from this fiasco. It would make sense.

Anyone catch the 2 FT10's last night between FChamp & SonicFox? I watched them both and FChamp was pretty free up until the end when he brought it back from 9-3 to 9-7 in the second set. Sonic's Jedah & RR look really strong. His traps are the best in the game right now.

No, but I saw the beating he put on RayRay the other day and now he's beating FChamp? Ouch. I guess FChamp will have to beat SonicFox in Skullgirls to make up for it.

I'm sure all the Marvel fans don't like this furry winning.

No, but I saw the beating he put on RayRay the other day and now he's beating FChamp? Ouch. I guess FChamp will have to beat SonicFox in Skullgirls to make up for it.

I'm sure all the Marvel fans don't like this furry winning.

He beat RayRay with just RR in a 2 on 1 in one set. It was hilarious.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this is a chaotic mess. I'll probably never get good at this one. Still looks cool in a way.

Back