MUST own PS4 games?

i think battlefield 1 is a masterpiece. i still play it.

the graphics and sounds are amazing. you can destroy basically anything in the environment. the guns are based in some historical reality lol. each one is unique, with its own kick and bullet behavior.

You just made me realize that most of my favorite PS4 games are also on PS3.

GTA5
MGS5
Skyrim
The Last of Us

I guet about some guys finding challenging games tedious, but reptitive? Thats one thing I havent ever heard about DS. Strange that you think that, maybe expain a bit?
This is probably because I've spent maybe 3-5 hours playing Dark Souls, but the gameplay to me, seems to revolve around dying a ton until you figure out the enemies patterns, then rolling a fuckton until you can get your hits in. Rinse and repeat.
I'd like to hear more the intricacies of what makes it so good, because it does have a huge following.

Well UC games have been extremely linear, its why thy can pace the games as they do with the narrative beats etc. Some people feel like you do though so a valid point there with the games being too linear and feeling like you arent in control. I feel like tats too reductive and you could say that about 80+% of games but oh well. For me its my favorite franchise, and the MP for UC2 is one of my most played MPs ever, pure gameplay and pure fun.
The controls are really rough for me, aiming with joysticks just seems so clunky and gimped.

Resident evil 7 is the best VR game Ive ever played. That game is truly atmospheric, frightening etc. Its a fantastic experience, and a majority of VR games are utter shit so people already think RE7 VR is gonna be shit, its not. Its mindbogglingly good.
I can see how that can be entertaining, but VR is so cumbersome and has such crappy graphics due to the low resolution screens of the PSVR.

I guess RE games, DMC games, Yakuza, Nier are all anime like etc and over the top but thats just the japanese culture infused into the games. They make them unique etc.
I don't mind Japanese style games, just hate the ones where it's all cutesy and cartoon like. I dig DMC and Yakuza seems cool. But is it just another GTA clone with a Japanese skin or is there something else more to it?

I forgot to add Persona 5, but if the anime aesthetic puts you off, itll put you off this one too.

I honestly dont know if you like games with pure gameplay or games that are more narrative focused, so its hard to know what you like, maybe mention some and I can recommend something else?
My favorite games are usually fighting, RPG, action RPG, or anything with co-op.

List of favorites:
Star Wars: KOTOR
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast/Academy
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Bushido Blade
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Shenmue
Rust
ARMA 3
ESO

Edit: FPS in VR give me a HUGE headache, from what I've read its common since movement while your sitting still feels odd. That's why teleporting seems to be the only option in VR
Your description of Dark Souls combat sounds like a very gross over simplification that can be done with any game.

For the PS4 I recommend:

Horizon Zero Dawn, MGS Phantom Pain, Monster Hunter World, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Fall out 4, GTA 5, and God Of War.

lolz. no one reads even the original post before responding on sherdog.

lolz. no one reads even the original post before responding on sherdog.

Lol guilty as charged. In that case I'll still recommend Dragon Ball Fighter Z and Monster Hunter World for best co-op and multiplayer games. Same thing for any game in the COD franchise.

Your description of Dark Souls combat sounds like a very gross over simplification that can be done with any game.

Can you elaborate?
I did state I played a few hours so I don't have dozens of hours put into the game to know the nuances of the combat system.
You can't over simply a game like Rust or ARMA. Good luck trying to even explain those games to most people.

Can you elaborate?
I did state I played a few hours so I don't have dozens of hours put into the game to know the nuances of the combat system.
You can't over simply a game like Rust or ARMA. Good luck trying to even explain those games to most people.
Of course you can over simplify those games. Rust is a game where you try and survive and build things. That's basically the same logic of how you described DS combat.

DS combat has a lot of layers but ill start with something like picking a weapon. A lot of thought goes into picking a weapon in DS as a lot of people make their builds around the weapon they use. There are different types of weapons such as straight sword, curved sword, Greatsword, etc and each have unique movesets, damage types (thrusting, striking, and slashing) poise damage, weight etc. There are also different types of damages like regular, fire, magic, lightning, and divine. Some weapons are natural infused with buffs like these or other things like poison or bleed damage while others you can apply buffs to get them to this type of damage whether its a temporary or permanent buff. Weapons also have classification scaling based on your stats. Like how big heavy weapon will scale with how high your strength is (not always the case). So you need to shift your stats around to how fully maximize your weapons potential. Their is still a ton of other things i haven't even covered such as critical attack multiplier with certain weapons, stun locking, upgrading.

Surviving and building can break into several different aspects of gameplay.
While as dodge roll, counter, rinse and repeat is actual gameplay you will be doing for dozens of hours.
I understand all the technical aspects of the game, I've played tons of fighting games and MMOs to know a lot of the meta gameplay these games require, but I fail to see what makes this different than let's say Ninja Gaiden? They're both difficult (I know DS is much more unforgiving)and have dodge, roll, counter gameplay mechanics with upgrades and debuffs/buffs.
Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out what makes it so special.

Rebought the PS4 Pro GOW edition in hopes that the PS4 library got better or more worthy titles.
I have:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (horrible)
God of War
The Last Of Us
Tekken 7
UFC 3
CoD: BO3

So far, the experience is a tad better than when the PS4 Pro first launched, but nothing has been able to take me away from my PC. What are the best games for co-op and local multiplayer?

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (horrible) - HORRIBLE
God of War - COOL
The Last Of Us - PEOPLE LIKE IT
Tekken 7 - FINE
UFC 3 - FUCK THIS SHIT
CoD: BO3 - FUCK THIS SHIT

What you need:

Witcher 3 - best ever RPG and top 3 console game ever
Injustice 1 or 2 because you like fighting games
Yakuza ZERO and Yakuza 6 - because you like fighting games and its like walking around Tokyo - another fantastic game
Kingdom Come Deliverance - good rpg
Dark Souls 3 - if you like BS fighting games pretending to be RPGs
Shadows of Mordor - fighting game and beautiful - try this one first before the sequel (because its cheap)
Assassins Creed Origins - fighting game and beautiful (stole from Morder)
Uncharted 4 - puzzle and fighting shit
Deus Ex - Mankind Divided - awesome RPG cyberpunk
Sniper 4 - because you kill Germans and its basically an open map without the Battlefield and COD bullshit
Skyrim - if you havent played it
Fallout 4 - ditto
Overwatch - if you like killing people online
World Of Tanks - free if you like killing tanks online
Wolfenstein 2 - awesome FPS
Dishonered 2 - fine FPS but depressing as fuck. Cyberpunk/magic mashup.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Lara gets it on
Titanfall 2 - excellent FPS with giant robots
GTA V - if you havent played it. Good MMO version.
Metal Gear Solid 5 - weird but awesome FPS with an open world and a military setting
Horizon Zero Dawn - robot dinosaurs vs tribesmen in a post-apocalyptic world - pseudo RPG (not really)
+
Preorder Red Dead Redemption 2

Oh yeah, Rocket League for playing with your friends. Car football.

Surviving and building can break into several different aspects of gameplay.
While as dodge roll, counter, rinse and repeat is actual gameplay you will be doing for dozens of hours.
I understand all the technical aspects of the game, I've played tons of fighting games and MMOs to know a lot of the meta gameplay these games require, but I fail to see what makes this different than let's say Ninja Gaiden? They're both difficult (I know DS is much more unforgiving)and have dodge, roll, counter gameplay mechanics with upgrades and debuffs/buffs.
Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out what makes it so special.
Once again you're using an over simplistic way of describing Dark Souls. I just broke down for you just how much thought goes out to picking a weapon in the game. I seriously doubt Ninja Gaiden has that much layers behind picking a weapon if you're even able to. You saying Dark Souls combat that simple as dodging and rolling can be used to describe any action game where you able to attack and Dodge like Zelda BOTW. Someone with high poise heavy armor and an ultra great sword isnt going to play the same as someone using a Faith rapier build with a darkwood grain ring. Using your logic Rust and Minecraft are pretty much the exact same game.

Rebought the PS4 Pro GOW edition in hopes that the PS4 library got better or more worthy titles.
I have:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (horrible)
God of War
The Last Of Us
Tekken 7
UFC 3
CoD: BO3

So far, the experience is a tad better than when the PS4 Pro first launched, but nothing has been able to take me away from my PC. What are the best games for co-op and local multiplayer?

There are a lot of great games for the PS4, outside of the ones you already own I recommend getting the following

Doom
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Witcher III
Resident Evil 7
Uncharted 4

PS4 is losing a lot of the exclusives it had anyway, it's a losing battle at this point.

PS4 is losing a lot of the exclusives it had anyway, it's a losing battle at this point.

Not having a PS I don’t know what’s the exclusive games mentioned in this thread, I see most games mentioned are not exclusive , so reading this thread to see what everyone hyped about only on ps4 has been a fail.

Not having a PS I don’t know what’s the exclusive games mentioned in this thread, I see most games mentioned are not exclusive , so reading this thread to see what everyone hyped about only on ps4 has been a fail.
{<huh}

Back