MUST LISTEN to interview - DADA 5000 goes berzerk on Kimbo

ekowal69

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the first question alone, DADA 5000 goes on a more than 15 minute rant about Kimbo and their upcoming Bellator 149 fight. It's nuts. Talks the entire feud with Kimbo, how it came about, his training, what he is going to do to him.

http://www.mymmanews.com/dada-5000-sflc/

dada.png

Everytime I think about this being the co main on a card of a major MMA promotion it truely makes me sad.

They are smart to do this. The name power will be a big draw.

Can't argue with it being a draw but it hurts bellators credibility imo have stuff like this headline. They didn't ask my opinion on the matter though.

Everytime I think about this being the co main on a card of a major MMA promotion it truely makes me sad.

Who cares. It might be a fun fight. There are other things in the world more worthy of being sad about than Dada and Kimbo headlining a bellator card.

Can't argue with it being a draw but it hurts bellators credibility imo have stuff like this headline. They didn't ask my opinion on the matter though.

Well when the Ufc bring in the likes of Cm Punk and James Toney , it makes it difficult to find a promotion that is worried about their credibility.

Who cares. It might be a fun fight. There are other things in the world more worthy of being sad about than Dada and Kimbo headlining a bellator card.

Thank you for the post gandhi but this is an MMA forum which is why I, and many others, care.

Well when the Ufc bring in the likes of Cm Punk and James Toney , it makes it difficult to find a promotion that is worried about their credibility.

I don't disagree with that at all

Am I the only one who is excited for this? I love freakshows

The first thing is to get attention to you and then you think about your credibility when you want to be really mainstream. That's how ufc started: freakshows. They are still doing it, letting go, in henderson, one of the best lw in the world just because he wasn't a good enough draw to pay him accordingly to his skill and career doesn't really increase your credibility as a company... I am not even talking about cm punk

To this day no other organization holds as much fond memories and entertaining matches for me as that of PrideFC.

The powers that be at Pride understood it was about the spectacle of the event card itself, they didn't create ''stars'' but larger then life superheros pitted against one another in what was more often then not crowd pleasing matches.

Don Frye would at that time never have been thought of as a legit top 10 HW but does anyone remember how the crowd would erupt in waves as he would raise his arms from left to right. His entertaining fights, wins over Shamrock, Takayama and his brutal defeat by Le Banner at the Pride/K1 Shockwave card or that head kick by Goodridge will always be remembered.

Frye is just one of the many examples that could be made...The point is, is that Pride could take the talent pool they had that ranged from so-so to good to great and make highly exciting match ups. Didn't matter if they made sense, they filled seats, they entertained, they gave the fans the fights they would want to see.

Now I will not go so far to say that Bellator is the new Pride but I will say they are putting out matches that most North Americans love to call freak shows and flame away about on the forums but be damn if anyone wants to miss watchin' it.

I of course can only speak for myself and at the end of the day what I want to see when I watch a MMA event is entertaining fights with fighters I know about and fights I'd like to see made. If those fights come from two p4p best guys or two guys from the internet I don't care...but hey, thats just me.

Will Kimbo's opponent in this fight be the enemy, the inner me, or Dada?

difficult to listen to, i mean that literally, Dada talks so loud he's like yelling the whole time it hurt my ears and i couldn't find the ratio of volume that was loud enough to understand what he was saying and low enough that it didn't hurt my ears so I stopped listening

All i could think of was could any human being still be alive if he drank one shot of booze everytime Dada said "know what I'm sayin'?" in that interview.

Back