Must give credit to Tanigawa for laying the foundation for RIZIN!

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
One can't ignore the contribution of FEG and Tani laying the ground work and foundation for Sakikabara to return to MMA. Let us not forget right before DREAM's demise due to the Earthquake, FEG was going to implement a VERY VERY similar business model that RIZIN uses today shown in the figure above. So my hats off to Tani!

FEG didn't have to turn Heros into DREAM essentially PRIDE (same everything) but they did it for the fans. Before we get all excited for RIZIN let us understand why and how it's here today

Oh yeah, I remember that plan they had. It sounded amazing when it was announced and reported. I was very disappointed when that fell through and the funding they expected wasn't provided. It is definitely similar to the Rizin version of MMA we are seeing today so yeah, hats off to them!

Tanigawa also has to give credits to kenichi Yamamoto who invented the format used for ganryujima in 2000.

Dana White once said they'd due the world cup of TUF. So American season winner vs. Brazil vs. Austrailia etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back