Muslim villagers donate money to build church for Christian community in Pakistan

Iran in the 60's. My how times change.

Irna+in+1960s+002.jpg

Irna+in+1960s+016.jpg

a_look_at_life_in_iran_during_the_60s_and_70s_640_23.jpg

iran_before_zps1c10c135.jpg

Iranian_Women_Demonstrating_Enforced_Hijab-1.jpg

Tehran,%2Bca.%2B1960s-1970s%2B(1).jpg

Iran_5c9ce6_6049436.jpg

main-qimg-9f23c0ec832bb5dad9400afa556c03fc-c
Tehran,%2Bca.%2B1960s-1970s%2B(11).jpg

I recommend looking up images of Iran and Afghanistan during the 60's and 70's. Amazing how relatively quickly cultures can change.

this happened months ago. other one did too. shit like this happens all the time. no one reports it because it dont go with the media narrative.
lol apparently it was already burned down and had to be rebuilt. Kind of negates the agenda.

Mud?
so they are offering water and dirt .
Let's see how long before it burns down

2nd story of Muslims supporting Christians this week. Don't know if it's a hard line that's been drawn, but I hope the trend continues with average Muslims doing more to separate themselves from the violent ones.
The violent ones and the "average ones" all read from the same book, so...obviously the "average ones" suck at their religion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...christian-community-in-pakistan-a7079186.html

‘A church is also a house of Allah; praying is what matters. We worship the same God’

pakistan-christians.jpg

Muslim villagers in Pakistan are helping to fund a new church for their neighbours in a show of religious solidarity six years after the Christian community was attacked by mobs in the area.

People in the village of Khaksabad are donating what they can afford towards the building of a new mud chapel for the Christian community, after their previous place of worship was swept away by the monsoon rains, reports Daily Pakistan.

---

More muslims doing it wrong. Sigh.

More like

This is the best way to corral a certain group of people during a certain day of the week (Sunday)...

Everyweek, like clockwork.

But War Room taught me that all muslims are filthy terrorist who want to destroy our civilization.

Well, I hope those mobs are a thing of the past and this church isn't basically a piñata for hateful elements to target.

Considering this is Pakistan those mobs could now burn the mosque that funded the church as well.

Religion is suppose to be community building but some people use it to oppress and harass people.

The Christian church in my area is small but they are active in building the community trying to help in ways that will unite people than divide them.

What if they worshipped a different god, or many gods... would they still build a place of worship for them...? Something to ponder over...

Or will they build a night club or a gay bar?

‘A church is also a house of Allah; praying is what matters. We worship the same God’
No it isn't and no you don't.

That said I believe there are some altruistic Muslims just like there are actual asshole Christians. There aren't much of either, but if one wants to find them it's possible. One would just be wise to not mistake those traits parts of their religion.

Considering this is Pakistan those mobs could now burn the mosque that funded the church as well.

Religion is suppose to be community building but some people use it to oppress and harass people.

The Christian church in my area is small but they are active in building the community trying to help in ways that will unite people than divide them.

Yeah. The modern church isn't perfect, but at large it is willing to bend a lot of its rules and standards in an attempt at outreach. At the end of the stick there is always a Bible dangling hoping to convert you, but a lot of churches don't care if you're gay, straight, Muslim, Hindu, an atheist, whatever - they want you in there to engage in, as you said, community building. Places for young kids and teenagers to hang out for good clean fun rather than congregating on the streets, potlucks, food kitchens, community enrichment projects... I've seen, and been involved with, local churches doing all sorts of things that are just plain good for the community.

Again, there is always a Bible dangling at the end of it, but as someone who doesn't believe, I still give them a thumbs up because they're doing good things that no-one else is attempting to do.

First thread - Muslims protect Christians from Muslim terrorists
Second thread - Muslims help rebuild church that Muslims formerly burned down.

It's a start. I guess.

Well, I hope those mobs are a thing of the past and this church isn't basically a piñata for hateful elements to target.

giphy.gif

Seriously, though, it's always great to see people reaching out to others.

@Palis/Dr J 2016

Yeah. The modern church isn't perfect, but at large it is willing to bend a lot of its rules and standards in an attempt at outreach. At the end of the stick there is always a Bible dangling hoping to convert you, but a lot of churches don't care if you're gay, straight, Muslim, Hindu, an atheist, whatever - they want you in there to engage in, as you said, community building. Places for young kids and teenagers to hang out for good clean fun rather than congregating on the streets, potlucks, food kitchens, community enrichment projects... I've seen, and been involved with, local churches doing all sorts of things that are just plain good for the community.

Again, there is always a Bible dangling at the end of it, but as someone who doesn't believe, I still give them a thumbs up because they're doing good things that no-one else is attempting to do.

Good point they are not forcing anyone to believe it is up to the individual what values he will follow or not.

There are some good values in the bibble and there are some religious leaders who are good community leaders and can already teach good values with out even needing the bibble they just are just great at community building and leading by example.

Maybe the Islamic community can learn from the Albanians Islam is the manority religion there but was supressed and tamed by force secularization during the soviet era.

But today they are already free but it seems they are still a mostly tolerant country compared to other Muslim majority nations.

They even named an Airport in honnor of Mother Theressa.

Iran in the 60's. My how times change.

Irna+in+1960s+002.jpg

Irna+in+1960s+016.jpg

a_look_at_life_in_iran_during_the_60s_and_70s_640_23.jpg

iran_before_zps1c10c135.jpg

Iranian_Women_Demonstrating_Enforced_Hijab-1.jpg

Tehran,%2Bca.%2B1960s-1970s%2B(1).jpg

Iran_5c9ce6_6049436.jpg

main-qimg-9f23c0ec832bb5dad9400afa556c03fc-c
Tehran,%2Bca.%2B1960s-1970s%2B(11).jpg
If I recall correctly the United States helped overthrow democratically elected leader in Iran and replaced him with a dictator, right?

I don't recall much of Afghanistan's history. It's been awhile since I've read up on it and I didn't go very in depth with my research.

Back