Muslim "King of Kung Fu" Salikhov Hype Train

Lol, this is going to be one of the most short lived and pathetic hype trains ever. Garcia 1st rd ko

Hell yeah! I'm in! And i have some money on him. Muslim bless

33 ain't old

Not trying to offend anyone. Just meant for someone making their debut in the UFC. He's not ranked very high outside of the UFC and isn't well known so he most likely isn't going to get fast tracked to a title or anything.

Yes it is. What are you, like 40?

What are you like 12? Yea I remember when I was a little kid and 33 seemed like a dinosaur but in reality 33 still a man's prime.

Not trying to offend anyone. Just meant for someone making their debut in the UFC. He's not ranked very high outside of the UFC and isn't well known so he most likely isn't going to get fast tracked to a title or anything.

Yoel made his UFC debut at age 36 and got an interim title shot at 39/40 No one knew him when he got into the UFC either. It doesn't matter about ranking they don't mean shit it's all about how well you can entertain the fans. Guys can spend years putting on boring fights and inching their way up the rankings in the old zuffa platform but now days if you're an exciting fighter you can get a title shot in a couple years

matchups like him vs Gunnar or Wonderboy are interesting on paper because of his traditional martial arts background if he gets passed either of them then he's right up there for a title shot

Last edited:
Amazing striking solid everywhere else.

I am in!!

Calling sanda kungfu is like saying obama is ghetto.

Sanda is a simplified "sport" version of multiple (gongfu) kungfu styles. It comes from China's "cultural revolution" period, where many gongfu styles were publicly outlawed, except for the official "govt approved" sport curriculum versions (all of the kungfu "dirty tactics" were removed, eye gouging, lower knee kicks, fish hooking, groin strikes, etc...). It has elements of Northern Chinese Muslim gongfu styles, including Tan Tui and Bajiquan. Also many elements of Shuaijiao, since its one of the oldest gongfu styles in existence (yes, even older than Shaolin) and is where all the Chinese wrestling and takedowns come from.

Sanda is a simplified "sport" version of multiple (gongfu) kungfu styles. It comes from China's "cultural revolution" period, where many gongfu styles were publicly outlawed, except for the official "govt approved" sport curriculum versions (all of the kungfu "dirty tactics" were removed, eye gouging, lower knee kicks, fish hooking, groin strikes, etc...). It has elements of Northern Chinese Muslim gongfu styles, including Tan Tui and Bajiquan. Also many elements of Shuaijiao, since its one of the oldest gongfu styles in existence (yes, even older than Shaolin) and is where all the Chinese wrestling and takedowns come from.

<TrumpWrong1>

Sanda was created based on Sambo / modern kickboxing.
They might have tweaked certain elements based on traditional martial art. However, It doesn't change the fact its very fundamentals are different from what is called kung fu.

Last edited:
<TrumpWrong1>

Sanda was created based on Sambo / modern kickboxing.
They might have tweaked certain elements based on traditional martial art. However, It doesn't change the fact it's very fundamentals are different from what is called kung fu.

"Kung Fu" literally means hardwork. Its just another Chinese phrase for martial arts in general. In a contextual sense I'd say, any martial art from China could be labelled Kung Fu.

Sanda and Sanshou aren't the same as the traditional Kung Fu styles, but they all fall under kung fu since its just an umbrella term. Same with Wushu.

"Kung Fu" literally means hardwork. Its just another Chinese phrase for martial arts in general. In a contextual sense I'd say, any martial art from China could be labelled Kung Fu.

Sanda and Sanshou aren't the same as the traditional Kung Fu styles, but they all fall under kung fu since its just an umbrella term. Same with Wushu.

We should throw away the meaning of the term out of the discussion as nobody defines the martial art based off of its name. What actually matters is what types of practices are being done under the certain term. If you are going to use that logic, we can even call boxing a kung fu and we both know that's an unrealistic application.

Im in

Finally we get to see another k1 level striker.

giphy.gif

Hype train derailed before departure lol

Back