Muslim Imam Calls For Peace, Gets Banned By Facebook

Facebook and Twitter:

1) create platform for expressing views so large, that pretty much everyone is on it or said views don't get heard

2) since a private company and not government, legally suppress and censor views you don't agree with

3)????

4) successfully guide, control, and change world view and narrative of issues

Never heard of this guy before this thread but went down a bit of a rabbit hole. I'd really love to get into his brain as he has a very strange and specific background that one would think should not produce the views he espouses.

i only reported one post on facebok just to see what would happen

a black person posted a response to be a meme, something like "smh, this is why white people all need to die"

i reported it and got a response saying it didnt violate community standards and recommend that i block him

I hate to throw cold water on this, but it's pretty well known that facebook infers based on number of reports. Meaning that even posts that are above board will get taken down if you report it enough times. /pol/ was gaming it for a while to troll liberal pundits, it was actually kinda funny.

The optics won't change for people who are stuck to a narrative (not saying you), but there's a non nefarious explanation out there.
that was twitter

its 1000 reports within 24 hours. they got @jack suspended who is the founder and CEO of twitter

Imam Tawhidi is very, very liberal Shia, to the point of actually ignoring the Koran, the Christian analog would be one of those Swedish lesbian bishops who do new baptisms for transexuals so they can be affirmed in their new girls name.
Never heard of that, but it doesn't surprise me.

Tequila?

In.

ewNQEaD.jpg

I would assume he got banned because of death threats and because of the amount of reports.

I doubt facebook thoroughly checks everyone messages before banning and maybe the one who banned was a muslim employee.

People talk as if Zuckerberg himself was banning these guys.

I would assume he got banned because of death threats and because of the amount of reports.

I doubt facebook thoroughly checks everyone messages before banning and maybe the one who banned was a muslim employee.

the "spam reports to get anyone removed" method only suspends accounts, and they only suspend it until they take a look at it

this guy was suspended, and then was fully banned. so someone had to actually check to see why he was suspended and decided he needed to go

but youre right in that it couldve been one asshole employee, but facebook moderators are notoriously biased about what they allow to be said, and what they remove

the "spam reports to get anyone removed" method only suspends accounts, and they only suspend it until they take a look at it

this guy was suspended, and then was fully banned. so someone had to actually check to see why he was suspended and decided he needed to go

but youre right in that it couldve been one asshole employee, but facebook moderators are notoriously biased about what they allow to be said, and what they remove

Yeah, or maybe they have muslim consultants to see if something is offensive to muslims.

Or it could be the death threats, i wouldnt like people issuing legitimate death threats in my platform either.

You'd be surprised how many accounts from Bangladesh can send broken English death threats in an hour.

Tawhidi is the man. It's pathetic to see him walk down streets and see Muslims hiss and moan at him. Pathetic.

The west is killing itself

I just don't get it. I don't understand the left-leaning members of western society who are willing to tear everything down. And replace it with what? Radical Islam is ultra-conservatism.

While the Gadfather gets repetitive and keeps pushing his Gadisms (ostrich parasitic syndrome, parasitized), I'm a big fan of his content. And especially enjoy when he has guests with a background in the evolutionary sciences.

As for the OP - the Imam sounds like a no good Quranist. Curses on him! Or in my case, best of luck, and we could use more like him.
I doubt he's a Quranist, he's definitely Shia. I've even seen him allude to the Shia conspiracy that Aisha killed the Prophet on the order of Abu Bakr. Top kek at supporting this sectarian Imam of peace.

I'm still having trouble deciphering whether this guy is a massive troll job or not.

I doubt he's a Quranist, he's definitely Shia. I've even seen him allude to the Shia conspiracy that Aisha killed the Prophet on the order of Abu Bakr. Top kek at supporting this sectarian Imam of peace.
Don't kek at me you damned Scientologist!

Just from the op this Imam seems like he's pretty much just a spiritual Muslim who is into the live and let live philosophy. That works for me. What am I missing?

Don't kek at me you damned Scientologist!

Just from the op this Imam seems like he's pretty much just a spiritual Muslim who is into the live and let live philosophy. That works for me. What am I missing?
He seems to have a pretty questionable recent past, also lying about credentials. He seems a bit too good to good to be true. He could be sincere in his efforts who knows. If he is I applaud him but if ever anyone should suspect tayyiqa i think it's reasonable here.

"Imam Tawhidi says he is a moderate Muslim reformer — but his very recent past shows he has connections to a religious leader who is anything but moderate.

After Imam Tawhidi dropped out of university, he fell in with a fringe seminary school in Iran, run by a controversial religious family known as the Shirazis.

Imam Tawhidi studied under its senior cleric, the Grand Ayatollah Sayid Sadiq Husseini Shirazi, and later went to work in one of the Shirazi-run TV stations in Iraq

In February 2016, when Imam Tawhidi set up his Islamic Association of South Australia in Adelaide, Ayatollah Shirazi put out a press release in Iran claiming a connection with Imam Tawhidi and this new Australian-based organisation.

However, the beliefs of Ayatollah Shirazi are not at all aligned with the moderate brand of Islam that Imam Tawhidi calls for when he appears on Australian television.

For example, central to Ayatollah Shirazi's teachings is the insistence on an Islamic system of government, not a secular democracy.

Ayatollah Shirazi also teaches that women should be covered head to toe, and are not suited to holding positions in government, and that it is permissible for a girl to marry from the age of nine.

In late 2015, Imam Tawhidi sent an open letter to the Shiite Muslim community.

"The teachings I learnt were not incorrect but some were better off concealed … the coming year, 2016, will be a big year for me," he wrote.

"You will be seeing and hearing more of me in the media and social networks. Thus, I request from you all to keep in mind that my mission is an ideological one … There shall be a change of course. This is a matter our beloved Marja Taqlid, has advised and having respect for such a noble figure, I pay obeisance."

Roughly translated, "Marja Taqlid" means "religious leader" — so your Marja Taqlid is the person whose religious authority you've chosen to follow.

Background Briefing has seen two Facebook posts by Imam Tawhidi from late 2014, that clearly state the Grand Ayatollah Shirazi is his Marja Taqlid.

Imam Tahidi says he's a "free human being".

But if Imam Tawhidi's new focus on mainstream media coverage is indeed part of a change of direction advised by Shirazi, then this raises questions about Imam Tawhidi's ultimate goals."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-...blem-with-the-medias-favourite-muslim/8643726

Has FB commented on this?

Back