Muslim erects 85ft Christmas tree in middle of Baghdad to show solidarity with persecuted Christians

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Yassir Sahd, a wealthy Iraqi Muslim, has erected an 85-ft Christmas tree in Baghdad this year to show solidarity with persecuted Christians in the region. He urged his fellow Muslims to join “our Christian brothers in their holiday celebrations” and demonstrate their horror at the persecution inflicted elsewhere in the country and in Syria by Isil.

http://stocknewsusa.com/2016/12/23/...essman-erects-tallest-christmas-tree-baghdad/

JS116230566_Baghdad-tree-NEWS-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqMiop_CfhxZlaR7TWWIhCmltXKdEworw8Wy0MBS1Ozzc.jpg

For a bit more context, many Iraqi Christians are returning home in time for Christmas, to lands liberated from ISIS.

Last edited:
Good for him.

I hope other Muslims don't kill him and any others involved.

Great for him, but this thread will still somehow find a way to turn negative quickly.

My prayers go out to his family.

I'm erecting an 8.5 inch Christmas tree from my pants in solidarity with persecuted Christians everywhere.

How many death threats has he received?

not tall enough.

Good man. We ought to acknowledge that Christians and their way of life are being targeted by these terror groups.

In before xmas taqiyya

Good man. We ought to acknowledge that Christians and their way of life are being targeted by these terror groups.
no one has told him that christmas trees have literally nothing to do with christianity. its nice though.

It was most likely the best he could do.

Putting up an 85 foot cross would have gotten him killed for sure.

In this case he still showed courage and good for him.

lmao after going from 1.4million to around 200k in population.

A tree is really gonna make a difference.

no one has told him that christmas trees have literally nothing to do with christianity. its nice though.

Christmas trees have a pagan origin, but so do a lot of Christian traditions. I suppose a fundamentalist Christian might think that Christmas trees are heresy, the good thing is that we don't really have many of those around.

Well merry Christmas to that guy.

Wow. That's cool. Some actual tolerance of differing religions and races in the Middle East

Back