Opinion Murica would be safer if they start introducing psychological tests before you can buy a gun

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you tell an average American about scrapping the 2nd amendment they will go apeshit. So we dont want to do that.

What instead should be done, is psychological tests measuring mental capabilities each individual owning a gun. Not just initially but every so often, 5 or 10 years. You dont get a sane person to come out and shoot everyone 'just because'.

Surely, this method wont prevent occurrences like that but it definitely greatly reduce it.

America would be safer if every motor vehicle had an interlock device. Wonder which would save more lives.

Sorry psychological has too many syllables, the alt right won't understand it and will instead bash you for threatening their precious guns.

Do you mean one of those 1-5 scale tests? A battery of testing? Just a conversation with a psychiatrist?

Be much safer if you had to pass certain standards to vote. The founding fathers would turn over in their graves at universal suffrage.

fooling a shrink.. doesnt sound that difficult
Some asshole actually walked up to me one day saying he needed a boost and when I went over he asked me to blow into his interlock in his car.

I would like that but I think there's too much wiggle room there legally. You could control who gets guns by controlling the criteria for what a "normal" person is. There's no real way to standardize this in an enforceable way. I think we'll just have to make mental health a bigger priority in general because the guns aren't going anywhere.

It would also be safer if we remove cars and go 100% public transit.

I see, and who will design these special "psychological tests" and who determines whether you pass? I could use this to totally disarm everyone who disagrees with me politically.

You can get a license to carry a peacock everywhere from a doctor here, people will just get quacks to license them to buy guns.

"Why do you want to own a firearm?"

"I enjoy going to the range. fun."

*subject leans towards violent tendencies, application denied, future evaluation recommended*

Yah, I dont see this being a clusterfuck at all. You are leaving to much in the hands of people whose personal biases would effect the outcomes.

Are you a maniac?

“No”

Here’s your gun.

And a physical test.
If you can't run a mile under 8mins.
No gun for you.

Welp, then it's settled. Can't fix this problem because of a completely unrelated problem.
Can't fix what problem?

C4PGQUsW8AACh1X.jpg

Back