Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders

Eliminating government housing inside of cities would probably do a lot to reduce violent crime because there would be lower concentrations of poor people.
I'd go the other direction. Improve safety net programs, increase social mobility, have way fewer poor people.

Where do you think these people will go and what do you think they will do if they have no home?

Hint: Probably turn to crime.
If you eliminate government housing and ban squating in tents and underneath interstate overpasses they will go somewhere else. This wouldn't eliminate all problems, but it would decrease large concentrations of poor people in these areas which would reduce crime in these specific areas. If the government insists on creating large government sponsored ghetto communities they should house them in isolated areas like deserts instead cities.

Comments regarding crime vs population density made sense to me, so I hit Google and found this https://mapofusa.net/us-population-density-map.htm. I'm not sure that population density completely explains the first map. Sure there is some overlap, but there seem to be plenty of densely populated areas with low instances of murders. Off to find an average income map I suppose.

2.gif

I'd go the other direction. Improve safety net programs, increase social mobility, have way fewer poor people.
It's easy to say that when you are using other people's money. Why don't liberals and bleeding hearts just pool togther all of their money and create charities that would act as the social safety nets instead of try to raise taxes and increase the size of government?

My county went just under 20 years without a murder of any sort. The last firearm related homicide was all the way back in the mid-70s till early last year when some tweaker assholes gunned down an old farmer and his wife while robbing them. The local police had to call in help from other counties because they flat out didn't know the procedures for it because it never happens here.

what country is this?

It's easy to say that when you are using other people's money. Why don't liberals and bleeding hearts just pool togther all of their money and create charities that would act as the social safety nets instead of try to raise taxes and increase the size of government?
Good news, charities do exist. But we also pool our money for the common good via taxes. I'd prefer they be used to address actual problems with the system we participate in. I think a better overall quality of life and decreased crime rates are worthy goals.

Or we can build cool new drones and bomb some more shit. Whichever.

Let's make fun of rednecks and rural people who own guns cuz it's funny and legal while Tyrone and Rodney are gunning each other down at publix. Blame white gun owners for it.<45>

Who/how are whites blamed for black on black crime in major US cities?

The National Center for Biotechnology Information

The Relationship Between Gun Ownership and Firearm Homicide Rates in the United States, 1981–2010

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

Results. Gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm homicide rates (incidence rate ratio = 1.009; 95% confidence interval = 1.004, 1.014). This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%.

Conclusions. We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.

Top 5 states: highest gun ownership per capita

1. Wyoming
2. Arkansas
3. New Mexico
4. Virgina
5. Idaho

Top 5 states: death by gun per capita (suicides included)

1. Alaska
2. Louisiana
3. Mississippi
4. Alabama
5. Arkansas

Edit: incorrectly listed as 'homicide' originaly.

Last edited:
Good news, charities do exist. But we also pool our money for the common good via taxes. I'd prefer they be used to address actual problems with the system we participate in. I think a better overall quality of life and decreased crime rates are worthy goals.

Or we can build cool new drones and bomb some more shit. Whichever.
I agree with you that there is an enormous amount of wasteful military spending, but that doesn't mean we should also waste money on more social programs. Investing in poverty is also pissing money away and not for the common good.

So mean to say that more murder happen where more people live, who could have guessed?

Top 5 states: highest gun ownership per capita

1. Wyoming
2. Arkansas
3. New Mexico
4. Virgina
5. Idaho

Top 5 states: homicide by gun per capita

1. Alaska
2. Louisiana
3. Mississippi
4. Alabama
5. Arkansas
Can I just say I always feel like that second list when doing "per capita" Alaska should have an asterisk next to it... I mean, if you have 150 murders in Alaska per year vs 150 in just BALTIMORE yeah per capita Alaska as a state is going to be insanely high.

Investing in poverty is also pissing money away and not for the common good.
Yeah, that's an especially myopic viewpoint that seems to have afflicted a lot of people in this country.

Can I just say I always feel like that second list when doing "per capita" Alaska should have an asterisk next to it... I mean, if you have 150 murders in Alaska per year vs 150 in just BALTIMORE yeah per capita Alaska as a state is going to be insanely high.

Agreed. I was surprised to see them.. Like you said, per capita fucks them.

What I take from the map is that America is mostly quite safe, which matches my decades of experience.

Pretty much where you'd expect it to be. lol at California.

Back