MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Sequel in the Works)

If you have seen MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The visual style alone gets it above a 5/10.
you mean the visuals that were nothing to write home about? there was nothing special about the visual style. typical fare w/ a few perspective flourishes & appealing long shots here & there. if anything, the visuals are just another check in the box beside “Average”

when I think about an average/below average movie that gets higher marks based on the visual style alone i think of something like Beyond the Black Rainbow, not something as vanilla as Murder on the Orient Express

you mean the visuals that were nothing to write home about? there was nothing special about the visual style. typical fare w/ a few perspective flourishes & appealing long shots here & there. if anything, the visuals are just another check in the box beside “Average”

when I think about an average/below average movie that gets higher marks based on the visual style alone i think of something like Beyond the Black Rainbow, not something as vanilla as Murder on the Orient Express

You didn't feel like the look of the train and the use of color accentuated the grandeur of the Orient Express?

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't feel like the look of the train and, as well as the use of color, accentuated the grandeur of the Orient Express?
not really, no. i thought the set design of the train was solid, but it’s not like anything about it was a delicious visual treat that just soaked up the screen.

Yea, I just need it to show up at my cinema already.. geez was up with this Agatha Christie haters that are making me wait so long, I get comic book movies earlier but nope got to wait for Murder on the Orient Express. :D

Still dislike that Hungarian mustache.. this is my GOAT:

817f2409971011d081d35c0fe11e19e1.jpg

hercule-poirot.jpg

Why wouldn't it have arrived in your theater already? Are you in some country where it hasn't opened yet or something?

I saw this last week instead of Justice league I Loved this movie

Why wouldn't it have arrived in your theater already? Are you in some country where it hasn't opened yet or something?

Yes, Eastern Europe.. some countries around got it but they are delaying it for mine, no idea why it's silly we usually get most of the stuff just like the USA schedule and some releases even earlier a tad, Marvel likes to come here earlier but Fox is like no no you wait for the train.

<Fedor23>

Yes, Eastern Europe.. some countries got it but they are delaying it for mine, no idea why it's silly we usually get most of the stuff just like USA and some releases even earlier a tad Marvel likes to come here earlier but Fox is like no no you wait for the train.

<Fedor23>

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember you telling me when we were talking a couple of weeks ago that you were in Eastern Europe.

LOL, "no no you wait for the train." That's funny. Well I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts when you get a chance to see it.

Just saw it. I liked it alot. Not sure if it’s a spoiler or not but

I wish the characters were a little more fleshed out and they touched on some of their backstories earlier. That would’ve made the climax even more effective. Still worked though.

Caught this in the theater tonight, enjoyed it quite a bit. It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but it does what I wanted it to do: Entertain me on a random walk-in. Beautiful look, fun ensemble of actors, good pace. A fine film.

Caught this in the theater tonight, enjoyed it quite a bit. It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but it does what I wanted it to do: Entertain me on a random walk-in. Beautiful look, fun ensemble of actors, good pace. A fine film.

Were you already familiar with the story?

Just saw it. I liked it alot. Not sure if it’s a spoiler or not but

I wish the characters were a little more fleshed out and they touched on some of their backstories earlier. That would’ve made the climax even more effective. Still worked though.

Watch the 1974 version now. That one spends a bit more time fleshing out the characters.

Nope just the title

Indeed, well I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's crossed the $200 million mark worldwide, which is not bad at all for a film like this.

You should go watch the '74 version now. I'm sure you'd find it interesting to compare.

Just a couple of million away from $240 million worldwide now.

What's crazy is that it's only $6 million away from making more money domestically than Blade Runner. Who could've predicted that?

Finally decided to go check this out. I enjoyed it. Looked great, fun cast, fun story.

The only thing that kind of bugged me was that Hercule's brilliance felt kind of forced early on. I'm just nitpicking there, but it seemed like we were told how great he was 10 times before he even got on the train.

The only thing that kind of bugged me was that Hercule's brilliance felt kind of forced early on. I'm just nitpicking there, but it seemed like we were told how great he was 10 times before he even got on the train.

Well he is probably the greatest detective in the world. . .

Back