Multiple locations school shooter: Cali

Has the definition of terrorism changed? Be angry and killing a lot of people does not terrorism make.
thats kinda the whole deal. 18 motherfuckers flew planes into building because they were pissed off at US hegemony in the world, particularly the middle east. right wing asshole blows up a federal building with a fertilizer bomb because he's pissed off about Waco. Being pissed off at some nebulous 'thing' is literally the key point of being a terrorist. you can expound the the thing a terrorist is pissed off about needs to be some political or social ideology but at the end of the day, whether its some 70's era radical left wing nutjob, some 90's era white nationalist, or a modern day islamic fundamentalist, they all are angry about something bigger than them, and take it out on people around them regardless of those peoples culpability in whatever it is that pissed em off in the first place.

Funny how this is a norm for you guys, the most gun obsessed culture in the world...

thats kinda the whole deal. 18 motherfuckers flew planes into building because they were pissed off at US hegemony in the world, particularly the middle east. right wing asshole blows up a federal building with a fertilizer bomb because he's pissed off about Waco. Being pissed off at some nebulous 'thing' is literally the key point of being a terrorist. you can expound the the thing a terrorist is pissed off about needs to be some political or social ideology but at the end of the day, whether its some 70's era radical left wing nutjob, some 90's era white nationalist, or a modern day islamic fundamentalist, they all are angry about something bigger than them, and take it out on people around them regardless of those peoples culpability in whatever it is that pissed em off in the first place.

You're all over the place. Here's the definition of terrorism:

The systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

There it is.

"
Neal was ordered this year to give up his firearms as part of a protective order, officials said.

Johnston said he did not know whether Neal had surrendered the weapons.

The shooter illegally manufactured guns he used Tuesday, officials said. Handguns recovered by police were not registered to him, Johnston said
"

This was from an article from my local news station. Seems the guns were illegal so more regulation wouldn't have prevented it. Also, I don't know what it means by he manufactured guns. Was he legit using a 3D printed gun? Or just that he bought all the pieces for an AR and assembled it himself?

And, when there is an order to turn in weapons due to a violent crime, you do NOT simply let the CRIMINAL turn them in. You execute a search warrant and dig through his place and find them and take them yourself.

We need to follow and enforce the gun regulations we have on the books. They weren't enforced here and that search warrant could have dug up the illegally acquired firearms as well

Man no matter what I say you guys will dismiss it and you love your guns. I and others would mention ideas but you guys would knock it down for one garbage reason or another. Don’t pretend you want a solution, just thoughts and prayers

Mention ideas? Like what? Maybe your ideas are garbage . . . our solution is to freaking enforce existing laws and stop whining about needing more.

"
Neal was ordered this year to give up his firearms as part of a protective order, officials said.

Johnston said he did not know whether Neal had surrendered the weapons.

The shooter illegally manufactured guns he used Tuesday, officials said. Handguns recovered by police were not registered to him, Johnston said
"

This was from an article from my local news station. Seems the guns were illegal so more regulation wouldn't have prevented it. Also, I don't know what it means by he manufactured guns. Was he legit using a 3D printed gun? Or just that he bought all the pieces for an AR and assembled it himself?

And, when there is an order to turn in weapons due to a violent crime, you do NOT simply let the CRIMINAL turn them in. You execute a search warrant and dig through his place and find them and take them yourself.

We need to follow and enforce the gun regulations we have on the books. They weren't enforced here and that search warrant could have dug up the illegally acquired firearms as well

The lower is still regulated and if he's a felon or has a restraining order against him he can't legally buy a lower . . . but he could have still purchased an 80% lower and finished it out without a background check.

Just wanted to share the story of this insanely awesome hero:

'Shoot this way instead:' Hero acts as decoy during Tehama County shooting

Jesse Sanders of Tehama County tried to stop the shooter. Nov. 14, 2017/KCRA
By: Lisa Fernandez

POSTED: NOV 15 2017 07:35AM PST

UPDATED: NOV 15 2017 07:58AM PST

CORNING, Calif. - Jessie Sanders did not flee from the Tehama County shooter’s bullets on Tuesday during a rampage that killed five people, including the gunman, and spanned seven different locations, including an elementary school.

Instead, Sanders headed straight to Rancho Tehama Elementary School.

“I just ran to the school,” Sanders said. “The dude was shooting through the windows.”

Sanders got the shooter's attention and begged for him to fire in his direction.

“Why don’t you shoot this way instead?” Sanders recalled to Sacramento station, KCRA. Sanders even shouted "ha ha" at the shooter to antagonize him and get him to start chasing him.

The shooter, identified by family as Kevin Neal, heeded his words.

Sanders got clipped on the arm. And when the shooter turned around, Neal said, “When I saw his face, I knew the guy, then he started shooting at me.”

But that was OK, Sanders said: "At least I knew he wasn't at the school no more."

Sanders knew more than just the shooter. Speaking emotionally, he said he knew everyone who had been killed.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/shoot-this-way-instead-hero-acts-as-decoy-during-tehama-county-shooting

Quite a person, incredible he didn't end up dying as well.

Back